AMAZING Windows Surface Phone concept!!!

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
the most fitting quote comes to mind when I viewed this AMAZING vid is "BUILD IT AND THEY WILL COME"! I can't believe no one has noticed or mentioned this amazing concept of a portable Windows communication device. THIS is what MS needs to bring to reality to blow everyone out of the water! THIS is what MSFT SHOULD have released instead of the L950XL, but due to their lack of imaginative designers/engineers/ programmers and MOSTLY lack of vision from NUTELLA and MSFT shareholders who's only greedy intent is the almighty dollar/profit who couldn't care about Microsoft's future and basically the amazing direction that MS has a unique direction it can bring us to future of mobile communications! some of the stuff that the video creator wants or expectations is pretty far out, but I'm sure SOME of those specs are doable! they should hire this guy to design their next phone!
what do you guys think? and how much would you pay for a premium phone like this? I would donate a kidney to get this phone!!!..... LITERALLY! lol ok maybe not donate an organ but I would def pay like $1200 for this

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
:shocked::shocked::shocked: OMG 150 views and no one is excited about this concept phone? REALLY?? unbelievable! so many android/ios lurkers apparently LOL :winktongue:
are you people not windows fans any more? would you not want to see a phone materialize into production like this? even if its pure fantasy does it not at least peek your interest? or y'all just interested in doom & gloom threads that are of OMG windows phone is dead nature or bashing WM? :eck: I'm shocked not more people are like OMG that's so amazing!

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
Amazing if it were to happen.
Why get excited about something that will never see the light of day.

Frankly for this simpleton it's too much technology in one device.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Amazing if it were to happen.
Why get excited about something that will never see the light of day.

Frankly for this simpleton it's too much technology in one device.

well let me answer your question with a question, WHY NOT get excited about something that will never see the light of day? just because it won't happen doesn't negate the fact that this would make an incredible device if it ever came into reality! also with all these depressing threads about WM being dead and windows that, it would make an positive and interesting conversation... no? gawd knows we need more positive posts

fulnix

Apr 7, 2010
Visit site
I'd be excited but I've been around Windows Mobile devices since the Samsung Blackjack, and I consider myself an newbie. I've been cut down on devices so many times by MS I'm nearly considering Android (blah). Work got me an IPhone, they wanted me to be excited about it (yay). I'm here rockin my 950xl, not because it's the best, but because everything else is so horrible. To put it in perspective I voted for Trump, not because he was my first choice, but Hillary was so horrible I just had to..... So sure I'd buy that in a heartbeat 💓

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Young children get excited about unicorns all the time. Where have you been?

really? dude what's with the condescending insult? and I take offense to your post, I'm just trying to add a little positive vibe to all the shenanigans that's been going around these forums... I don't find it immature to be interested in good tech whether it be conceptual or actual... frankly every WM fan would luv to see a device of these specs be released and truth be told this would totally be doable... IF MS would have any vision...

covfefe

Banned
Jul 22, 2017
Visit site
Microsoft couldn't even get the Band 2 strap to last a year without breaking multiple times, soooo looking forward to their foldable screen disaster.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I'd be excited but I've been around Windows Mobile devices since the Samsung Blackjack, and I consider myself an newbie. I've been cut down on devices so many times by MS I'm nearly considering Android (blah). Work got me an IPhone, they wanted me to be excited about it (yay). I'm here rockin my 950xl, not because it's the best, but because everything else is so horrible. To put it in perspective I voted for Trump, not because he was my first choice, but Hillary was so horrible I just had to..... So sure I'd buy that in a heartbeat ������

then if your 950XL is so bad, which mine wasn't that bad or troublesome at all,
then there is better options out there... like the HP X3 that would change your outlook on WM... WM runs fantastic on my X3 and I am extremely happy with them (WM & X3) look WM is not perfect just as android isn't and IOS, but I honestly think everyone is whining overly excessive and I can't understand what the problem is... also what does that even have to do with a concept phone rendering of what would be a fantastic device... again this concept is totally do-able to a certain degree if MS would have the B@lls to do it! so really this isn't a concept but a sorta diagram/schematic to aspire to build and make a reality!

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Microsoft couldn't even get the Band 2 strap to last a year without breaking multiple times, soooo looking forward to their foldable screen disaster.

really? funny mine is still fine and working flawless, also bought one for my GF and hers is fine too although she doesn't wear hers as much as I would like or as much as I do mine... but maybe you were too rough with it? didn't take care of it, suffer from acidosis, who knows? also that's what people said about the first gen back stands for the Surface pro's and 2nd gens and 3rd gens and they lasted for years with no problems...I think MS could make a totally reliable foldable screen just like the Surface products are reliable... imagine having a phone that can turn into a tablet!

Mathias Darioly

Feb 2, 2015
Visit site
really? funny mine is still fine and working flawless, also bought one for my GF and hers is fine too although she doesn't wear hers as much as I would like or as much as I do mine... but maybe you were too rough with it? didn't take care of it, suffer from acidosis, who knows? also that's what people said about the first gen back stands for the Surface pro's and 2nd gens and 3rd gens and they lasted for years with no problems...I think MS could make a totally reliable foldable screen just like the Surface products are reliable... imagine having a phone that can turn into a tablet!

A Microsoft Band (and any other fitness band) is done to be worn 100% of the time, say except when you go into water (shower, dishwashing, ...) and need to charge it (it did it in the same times).
If you wear it less than that, I take it that you don't use it and if you don't use it, it won't break.
The MS-Band 2 was (and still is AFAIK) the best of the best fitness tracker, for its form factor, features, battery time (and so on).
Unfortunately, it HAVE a default on the band, and as careful as you can be, unless your wrist is exactly the perfect size for the band or you don't wear it, it will break down, soon or late.

Regarding the "prototype" on the video, I don't like the one-dual screen concept. I'd like to see a small screen device (4.5 / 4.6 inches screen) supporting continuum, or, better, embedding an Intel CPU, allowing to run a complete windows platform.
Imagine some kind of Galaxy A3 (2017) with Win10 on it on an ATOM CPU... Continuum with full Windows, and mobile use with all the mobile app and so more...

That is way closer to reality and that I would buy in a heartbeat !
(provided they don't forget the Windows Hello face recognition :D )

And even Samsung could do it actually...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
$2k for it?? We might try double that. The technology is there but not advanced enough to justify a consumer driven price tag. A member of the forums here who knew a bit of detail on the tech used for the type of foldable screens that would be needed listed one of the main ingredients as graphene. To manufacture a square centimeter of graphene on a substrate cost between 250 - 400 dollars back in 2016. The future does hold lower numbers though as technology advances each year. So for even that size and for it to have the quality we'd want would cost a bit of dough.

Troy Tiscareno

Sep 27, 2017
Visit site
And the world record for "most broken screens" goes to...

(With the screen wrapping around one side and exposed on both the front and back, you couldn't use a case, and thus most phone drops would result in a broken screen.)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism