Does KRACK affect Continuum?

Nguyen1

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
I have a Windows 10 Mobile phone which I use with Continuum time to time. Since I use wifi for this, how is Continuum affected and does Microsoft plan to do anything about it, since the OS is in maintenance mode now? Thanks.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
1. Continuum is just a different way to use your Windows 10 Mobile phone, so the question should be whether W10M is affected since it's the same underpinnings regardless of whether Continuum is being used.

2. As long as you're up-to-date, I have been led to believe Windows 10 and 10 Mobile are secure.

Tourniquet

Mar 17, 2014
Visit site
Maintenance mode as some people say it means it will get monthly security updates and bug fix updates. As xandros9 already said, as long as you have the latest update installed, you're fine. Microsoft already said they fixed the wifi bug in the latest update (in comparision to iOS and Android devices, which are still vulnerable).

Nguyen1

Oct 17, 2017
Visit site
Thanks! I have the latest update on my W10M phone, so I must be okay then. This is important to me as I actually use my phone mostly in Continuum mode and rarely as an actual mobile device!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3