Hi,

After the latest update (15254.1) to my Lumia 950 Cortana no longer sets alarms or reminders, it just does a bing search which is useless.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have a solution?

Thanks
    10-19-2017 04:36 AM
    I've had that happen from time to time. As Cortana is server-based, I suspect the problem is on the remote side, as it always started working again at some point without any further update to the phone.

This is probably her default action when she can't connect to the mother ship.
    10-19-2017 11:52 AM
    That's been about 5 days though, and if it was server side wouldn't it impact all users? I haven't been able to find anything online about other people having the problem. I even went as far as doing a hard reset but the issue remained.

I've seen bits of chat about language packs and whether or not you are on insider rings potentially causing problems, but as far as i can tell i have everything as English (uk).
    10-19-2017 12:55 PM
    Hi,

After the latest update (15254.1) to my Lumia 950 Cortana no longer sets alarms or reminders, it just does a bing search which is useless.

Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have a solution?

Thanks
    Yep mine has done this several times hard reset NO RESTORE fixed mine but then it eventually breaks again through OTA updates. My 950 is doing it again I ask Cortana to set a alarm and she sets it but it doesn't go off I have not had too many issues with reminders however. The alarm issues are a big problem because I work nights and I sleep during my breaks and lunch( this is a good one) I have also had issues when using Cortana to set alarms and the alarm does not show up in my alarm app but it still goes off like its there and its not. I have no way to disable it because I can't see it to switch it off and it will continue to go off. I tried everything and the only fix was to hard reset but I was able to restore so it wasn't too ba but definitely troubling. SO SO frustrating and this can just randomly happen after several weeks of the phone working flawlessly. The Bing search thing happens off and on to me as well. I have found Cortana to be a massive fail in W10M from the very beginning compared to 8.1 on my 1520. My 950xl is retired for good and am using 8.1 on my 1520 I may use it as a camera but only if it takes better photos than my pixel 2xl I should have next week. I have lost all confidence in the 950xl and its wasting too much of my time keeping it running smoothly. Good luck to you.
    techiez likes this.
    10-19-2017 07:31 PM
    Just dug out my old Lumia 1020 which is on an older version of win mobile 10. Same issue. So have Microsoft just switched off Cortana for mobile?!
    10-20-2017 02:26 PM
    I just asked a few questions and set a reminder so it may have been an issue server side, not phone side. Only tried my Acer Jade. I will fire up my 640 Xl later. Mind you I'm still back on A/U.
    10-20-2017 10:26 PM
    How did you get on with your 640xl?

Still no joy on either device here for me. I mean I know there aren't many of us left (!) using windows phone, but surely if this was server side there would be more noise about it on the internet? And if it's not server side, why on earth is it impacting both my phones which are completely different hardware on completely different builds?!
    10-22-2017 03:00 PM
    just remembered I have a lumia 640 on 8.1, cortana worked fine. So it's just my win10 phones. Aghhhhh! What's going on
    10-22-2017 03:32 PM