12-03-2017 06:23 AM
52 123
tools
    My wife and I are still using our 950's and are quite happy with them. The one thing that brought us to the phone is the ability to have 2 sims and a micro sd card. We travel between the states and Mexico and being able to just turn on or off a sim is a big plus. We often have to keep both active. So we will using them until something better comes along.
    10-27-2017 01:36 PM
    I use my Lumia 650 for odds and ends things. The iPhone has really captured my daily driver potential. No waiting for apps to load. No waiting for updates to attempt to download. No issues with music and Bluetooth. It’s been great being on an iPhone. I do miss the live tiles but when you get down to it the iPhone really is intuitive to use. Swipe what you need not hunt for a back button.
    10-27-2017 06:10 PM
    I still use my Nokia 920 latest build windows 10
    fin11 and Kevin Rush like this.
    10-29-2017 04:34 AM
    Originally posted by thanoik
    I still use my Nokia 920 latest build windows 10
    Nice. How is it on fall creators update? Does maps work? Any other issues? Left my lumia 925 on AU, because I read on XDA, some where having problems seeing roads in the maps app.
    10-29-2017 07:43 AM
    fin11 everything works perfectly except than slow to open the word processor power applications
    Kevin Rush likes this.
    10-29-2017 07:50 AM
    It is still very usable. I've got a 640XL, which replaced a 1520 which developed the dreaded flakey microphone problem (an internal cable connector problem). I'd love to get my 1520 working again, it is my all time favorite phone.

That said, the app situation is getting more dire. I did a USB reinstall on my 640 to clear up fast ring beta dumpster fires, and started clean instead of restoring from backup. Some apps that were still installed and working prior to the reset (and still on my 1520) are no longer available for a clean install after a reset or device replacement. Two I noticed right away were LinkedIn and FlightAware.
    10-29-2017 05:36 PM
    Sometimes if you go to your download history in the Store, you can download them again even if they are no longer listed.
    Chippy757, fin11 and Kevin Rush like this.
    10-30-2017 10:57 AM
    I actually still use my nokia 900 cyan with wifi still to open attachements from emails and stuff like that because it is still better than my note8 samsung phone for that type of stuff . I might upgrade to a new windows phone soon if the come out with a huge screen
    Timbre70, thanoik and Kevin Rush like this.
    11-01-2017 02:23 AM
    By now I'll keep using my Lumia 650 till the end of its lifespan. Maybe at the end of this period I can continue my experience in another new Windows powered mobile device.
    nate0 and Kevin Rush like this.
    11-01-2017 06:49 PM
    Tried my 925 on WP 8.1 a few days ago.
    I must say I'm just not into it anymore in any way.
    The UI just looks so dated and sad.
    To me the tiles have no appeal anymore.
    I know WM10 does have a bit more energy yet it also fails for this user.

Wish things were different, but they aren't.
    The flame has finally flickered out :(
    11-18-2017 02:19 AM
    Yes, very frustrating. Maybe going a little overboard I've likened it to being abandoned by a parent. (Don't mean to be insensitive) I'm still on my 950xl and am pretty annoyed with some of its behavior, but I do like the format mostly. Heck, I'm still a BB fan! I REALLY liked the BB Hub I think it was called, puts every communication in one place, email, text, calls, twitter... You could basically go to one spot and develope a daily report of activities. And as for WP8 on the Nokia 920(?), I absolutely loved the City View app, an amazing creation.
    11-18-2017 02:57 PM
    Why does it say 950 XL though?
    thanoik likes this.
    11-18-2017 03:50 PM
    WP had so much going for it, now developers are abandoning it in droves & many of the apps I used daily no longer have updates....live tiles was so good on a phone , auto call blocking was ace too, iOS & android use convoluted methods ... I miss my windows phone but use android as iOS is just a bloaty expensive bauble
    anon(10324754) likes this.
    11-18-2017 04:58 PM
    Why does it say 950 XL though?
    The registry has probably been hacked so the phone is eligible for the WM10 updates.
    11-18-2017 05:44 PM
    Still use my 950 as a daily phone, everything works great exept my two banks which have stopped updating their apps. Camera works great, edge works like always, so no complaints equally, happy with my W10M.
    11-18-2017 09:16 PM
    Still using 950XL and happy with it.
    11-19-2017 03:47 AM
    Tried my 925 on WP 8.1 a few days ago.
    I must say I'm just not into it anymore in any way.
    The UI just looks so dated and sad.
    To me the tiles have no appeal anymore.
    I know WM10 does have a bit more energy yet it also fails for this user.

Wish things were different, but they aren't.
    The flame has finally flickered out :(
    And that there says it all - DATED. Personally, using it feels so "yesterday" when it limits what we can achieve with it.

Will admit the tiles still appeal to me a wee bit but mostly because everything is just a swipe away (up/down), the live tiles were never a big thing for me though.

If 10 wasn't so inconsistent and buggy I'd probably still be using my 950, 650, or 830. They are not a complete disaster but when one is constantly inundated with little quirks on a daily basis it plays on ones patience... Having experienced "the good life" (other platforms) it becomes pretty apparent WP is NEVER going to be there in the foreseeable future.
    Last edited by Elky64; 11-19-2017 at 11:43 AM.
    11-19-2017 11:30 AM
    The registry has probably been hacked so the phone is eligible for the WM10 updates.
    you're right
    11-21-2017 01:55 PM
    And that there says it all - DATED. Personally, using it feels so "yesterday" when it limits what we can achieve with it.

Will admit the tiles still appeal to me a wee bit but mostly because everything is just a swipe away (up/down), the live tiles were never a big thing for me though.

If 10 wasn't so inconsistent and buggy I'd probably still be using my 950, 650, or 830. They are not a complete disaster but when one is constantly inundated with little quirks on a daily basis it plays on ones patience... Having experienced "the good life" (other platforms) it becomes pretty apparent WP is NEVER going to be there in the foreseeable future.
    11-21-2017 08:51 PM
    Mine (950) works still great, inconsistent/buggy ???
    11-21-2017 08:52 PM
    Mine (950) works still great, inconsistent/buggy ???
    Yup that's what I said.

As a very small sampling...

Dictating email/text – nothing but gobbledygook appears
    Dictating email/text (while phone is listening) - no response
    Dictating email/text – text lags behind
    Predictive text hit-n-miss
    Outlook force closes
    Photo(s) in gallery – some thumbnails don’t render properly
    W/phone locked or showing lock screen, camera rarely launches
    “Double tap to wake” hit-n-miss
    Sometimes during a phone call screen will not turn back on after call has ended or takes its time doing so
    App D/L errors in store
    Store slow or fast to D/L with no rhyme or reason
    Charging sometimes normal and at other times, slow

The above don't happen every time or all that often with some, they just come and go at will hence, "inconsistent or buggy".

Just comparing my 7 month "older" LG G4 against the 950 (same CPU, GPU, Ram) the difference is almost night and day with the overall experience on the G4 being far superior.
    11-21-2017 10:14 PM
    The LG G4 was almost the best phone I've experienced so far.
    Tremendous photo quality from that one in my opinion.
    Wish LG would revisit the extremely slim design of the G4.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    11-21-2017 10:27 PM
    The LG G4 was almost the best phone I've experienced so far.
    Tremendous photo quality from that one in my opinion.
    Wish LG would revisit the extremely slim design of the G4.
    I'm loving my LG V20. The camera and the DAC are both amazing.
    Guytronic likes this.
    11-22-2017 02:24 AM
    Went android about three months ago bit got irritated and now back on my 950 which is running great with a reset. People talk about apps but some aren't even useful. Like PayPal. Why do I even need it on my phone? I used it on android once and it asked me if I wanted to pay with the app, so I click on proceed and logon to the app and then it takes me back to the store to login to PayPal again. So basically logging into the app just added another step and more button pushing. Apps are completely useless if they don't even help you do what you want to do.
    nate0 likes this.
    11-22-2017 05:50 AM
    I moved away from my Lumia 950 as it started to have hardware issues and it was out of warrantee. I ended up moving to a HMD Nokia 6 - not quite as good camera but not a bad phone.

My wife still has her Lumia 950 and is running under the latest version of Windows 10 Mobile. As she only does certain functions on her phone - web browsing, email, WhatsApp, Facebook and the messenger that goes with it, and banking it works well for her. As she has had it now for quite a while the battery is starting to run out more quickly.

I think that in the next 3 / 6 months my wife will also move to another platform as every month we tend to have issues with doing the updates that Microsoft sends out.

I would still say that a Windows 10 Mobile phone is still "usage" but the withdrawal of many apps is starting to cause some people to make the move to another platform. With Microsoft also developing many of their apps for other platforms it has become a lot easier to interwork between Android / IOS and Windows 10 on the desktop. In some cases the apps actually work better on the Android / IOS platforms than Windows 10 Mobile.

Hope this helps

Infinidim
    11-22-2017 05:59 AM
52 123