HP Elite - Verizon - MS store

GeorgeOnArm

May 20, 2017
Visit site
All the discussions with Joe on W10 Creator updates are not relevant when the comments system used at WC's Web and apps are years behind Disqus used in MSPU and OnMsft.

gibbyhome

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Is this a Joke ? Really, Verizon for years tried to destroy windows phones along with Sprint. they wanted notihing to do with MS, and now they are going to release a Windows Phone 1 year after MS said No more Phones or Support ..
This has to be a sad joke

dalascby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
I agree with pretty much everything in this link:
https://www.windowscentral.com/buying-hp-elite-x3-2017

Also, since we've already seen the Elite X3 running Cshell that suggests that the X3 may be able to receive the Core OS update when it becomes available. I wish MSFT would confirm "now" if that will be possible. If so, then the X3 could serve as a great, sort of bridge device from Windows Mobile OS to Core OS...and HP wouldn't have to scrap it's plans. (Because there have to be consumer mobile devices in the ecosystem, the notion of "business only" offerings is just another shortsighted failure waiting to happen...BYOD is going to kill it.)

In fact, since this phone is now really the "first" flagship Windows Phone to be available to "all" of the major carriers (no carrier variants…(wow, saying that out loud really highlights MSFT's failure to execute)) it actually could be useful to Microsoft to stay relevant in the eyes of their fans so they won't leave the platform for good. After all the beta testing of Core OS is done they could first roll out a pre-release of Core OS to X3 users only, and they would have a pool of users from "all" carriers who could report bugs (some may be carrier specific) for a month or two before the official roll out. Microsoft needs to take advantage of HP having the clout to get Verizon to play ball.

This could work for everyone…"IF" the X3 can handle the Core OS update. (Can Dan find out?) If word leaks out that the X3 can indeed get Core OS then no doubt that will peak the interest of Windows Phone fans…Microsoft may have to signal to HP to keep making them as long as people want them.

Somebody at WC should investigate.

Last edited:

Aden Rossinni

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
I've got the X3 and love it even though it's so big. I'd recommend it to anyone as Android eats balls, and Apple inspires narcolepsy. I also have an Android (Moto) phone, a 640xl, my wife has a 950xl, AND I just ordered a 950 I found on eBay. Love me a WM. Other OS's are just crap, and Groove was the only good streaming service. Please someone buy Groove off of MS.

Aden Rossinni

Jul 8, 2016
Visit site
So I was really excited to try this phone and bought it on the first day I could. I kept if for a week and took it back. I don't use many apps but simply want my phone to be a phone, music player, podcasts player, email, messages and map navigator. While all these things are available, I was having issues with Bluetooth (call comes in but they can't hear me until I turn my headset off), calls not ringing through and going straight to voicemail, and, most disappointing, is the lack of a stable streaming music app. I tried Spotify, GMusic and Deezer and they all had issues of one kind or another.

I really love the look and user experience of windows and windows mobile so I've hung in there for as long as I can. I've gone back to using my Note 8 and will likely buy the next thing Microsoft tries.

It's nice that most of the MS services are available on Android and I do use them, but the experience is not quite as nice. I keep wishing MS would port their design language over to an Android Launcher and integrate it with live tiles of their services. The tiles are the things I most enjoy and keep me using MS services like Outlook, MSN sports, Groove (I know), the People tile, the Picture Tile, The MS News Tile. Just give me those on an Android phone so we have supported apps and I would jump on it. I'd even pay for the launcher as it would be my preference and it would keep me more engaged in the MS ecosystem.

I'm typing this in the Windows App for Windows Central (on a Surface Pro 2017) and it won't send. That's what I'm sad about. Even these guys won't keep their app up to date on a Windows Platform.

So, that's friggin ridiculous that you just took it back and gave up. Mine has been used for a year and has been awesome. NO problem whatsoever, still great. Even the camera started off as mediocre but now us very good. Sometimes beating the 950xl.

Bob Jung

May 3, 2016
Visit site
Did work with the HP Elite X3 since it cam to europe, 8-2016. Just bought myself a Note 8. Do mis some features but overal its a far better experience connecting to all my devices. Stil looking for a keyboard understanding english in a Dutch environment. Swiping siteways to get an other language is a awsume feature in w10m. The SwiftKey board is getting close. My garmin Fenix and car radio, is finally working as it should on a smartphone. Mis the cursor in the keyboard, you can't win them all.
RIP, I use the HP elite x3 to follow the uwp apps. The best feature of my Note 8 would be unlocking my Samsung Book. Ink option and finally again camera button with a hard to beat dual lenses, making the best picture's.

Deekshith K P

Oct 1, 2017
Visit site
Microsoft has been always silent on the mobile platform. With the official end of W10M, I think jumping into the sinking ship would be a bad idea. I love W10M for what has it been and am using a 950 XL, but if it's not gonna get OneCore or Andromeda or whatever be it, I don't think it will be worthy to buy at this point of time.

Bolanle Otegbeye

Nov 12, 2017
Visit site
Well Zac, I would say there's not much to look forward to on the windows platform (not anymore anyway since It's not commercially viable, which is understandable). I'm currently using a Lumia 930 relying your former article that says its actually not a bad phone for 2017. Asides the iris scanner or fingerprint sensor thing, the continuum thing and fast charge thing, I'm not really missing any other thing I believe. Even though support for Lumia 930 ends in 2018 I think I still won't miss anything significant enough to make me want to consider getting the HP Elite X3. It's really sad the windows mobile OS thing didn't work out for Microsoft. I am a huge fan of the OS. Everyone told me it sucks, no apps, don't buy a windows phone. I couldn't help my curiosity so I got the Lumia 730 and I LOVED IT.

Rensul

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I had to switch from Verizon to AT&T just to get the Elite x3 when it first came out - so no... Still works as a daily driver for me.

t8ntlikly

Jun 19, 2013
Visit site
If I could get it straight thru Verizon and not have to shell out $600 I would definitely pick one up. But to have to pay out of pocket up front? Nope!

pqschipper

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Half-hearted interest. Currently using 928 as my daily driver. Weird that VZW would even bother offering this considering their lack-luster support in the past. Biding my time and waiting for either the unveiling of the next category-defining device from MSFT or the Galaxy S9, which ever comes first...

LiFePo4

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
If I had not switched to ATT from VZW a year ago to get the HP Elite X3 back then (which I still have and love), I would get this. 90% of my use is work; email, calendar, Skype. The rest is text, phone, and maps (and some simple games that still work). I have the lapdock that I take on travel which suffices as a "PC" for me and I don't take anything else. Edge running through the lapdock is just fine as a full browser experience.

So for Enterprise, it is great. For the common consumer though, I would not recommend it.

hilga007

Jan 18, 2014
Visit site
They are with OneCore and Windows on ARM

Unfortunately, it's too late. While I personally dumped Verizon a couple of years ago due to lack of Windows Phones (I also now get better coverage, more services and lower cost,) I have family members that are also huge fans of Windows Phones and are still on Verizon. Since their Windows Phones were old and started giving each of them problems, they swapped to Android. (One of them calls Android a "downgrade." If the Elite X3 would have been released on Verizon when it was released on GSM carriers, they would have purchased it instead.

And now with Microsoft turning its back on Windows Mobile and customers, there's no reason to purchase Windows. Too many companies are pulling their apps. I would have preferred that Microsoft "Hit Refresh" on their phones instead of "ALT+F4!"

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I bought one because my Nokia 930 passed away. And paid more for it. I like it - not as mu 930. For me, worth it. I like it. Also go an Alcatel Idol 4s for $250. So now I have two dead phones....but until W10m is completely gone, it works for me.

I am hoping HP can buy W10m the OS and develop their own line of phones....maybe evolve it..

Yes, this coming from the guy who bought two 'dead men' walking phones...

Mr. V

sanchezursua

Sep 28, 2011
Visit site
It is the only opportunity VZ windows phone users have to be able to use the platform until the end of support for it which should come some time in 2019. To me, this fulfilled the hope of a lot of VZW US windows phone users. Lastly even though a year late, at least HP did it. Microsoft did not even aim in that direction it seems.

Been waiting forever for a Verizon windows phone. I Get Elite X3 on Tuesday!!!!
Thank you Lord!!!

Last edited by a moderator:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos