HP Elite - Verizon - MS store

Rotary12

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
It is the only opportunity VZ windows phone users have to be able to use the platform until the end of support for it which should come some time in 2019. To me, this fulfilled the hope of a lot of VZW US windows phone users. Lastly even though a year late, at least HP did it. Microsoft did not even aim in that direction it seems.

Too little too late for Verizon, I changed providers last year.

cmattau90

Oct 7, 2015
Visit site
When my 928 screen shattered a year and a half ago, if I could have gotten one instead of the 735, I would. I've since moved on to iPhone 8 Plus. Windows Mobile is dead.

DCW1000

Jan 12, 2015
Visit site
Verizon is a dollar short and an hour late on this. I have no idea what their play is unless this was extorted from them by HP as part of some upcoming cooperative deal. Since I have never been a Verizon customer and can't foresee becoming one, this means nothing to me.

I use my x3 every day on T-Mobile and expect to for quite some time to come. When the day comes that it doesn't work, I will just switch the SIM to my backup Nexus 6P or Apple 6S+, both of which are completely adequate devices, and continue until i feel the need of something new.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Well Zac, I would say there's not much to look forward to on the windows platform (not anymore anyway since It's not commercially viable, which is understandable). I'm currently using a Lumia 930 relying your former article that says its actually not a bad phone for 2017. Asides the iris scanner or fingerprint sensor thing, the continuum thing and fast charge thing, I'm not really missing any other thing I believe. Even though support for Lumia 930 ends in 2018 I think I still won't miss anything significant enough to make me want to consider getting the HP Elite X3. It's really sad the windows mobile OS thing didn't work out for Microsoft. I am a huge fan of the OS. Everyone told me it sucks, no apps, don't buy a windows phone. I couldn't help my curiosity so I got the Lumia 730 and I LOVED IT.

I loved my 930!!! Still do!!! But the screen went side ways after a fall. It would have easily carried me into 2018. My Nokia N8 lasted for four years with travel. Nokia builds FANTASTIC phones. But that Nokia is long gone.

I want a rhino of a phone...

Alas, I am still with W10m....no regrets.

Lordtree

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Yes, but verizon has never provided any plans pf interest. The elite x3 is available unlocked at the fifth Ave Microsoft Store and on line. It is a capable and stable device, support from manufacturer is amazing. My partner got one and is the best wp option today

techiedude007

Oct 26, 2011
Visit site
Would not take any HP hardware, even if it were free. Switched from 950xl to S8+; sad to leave but didn't have a choice since it was the only option when my 950xl died and the local MS Store only had it or the regular S8 as my replacement option under insurance.

Indistinguishable

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
The windows Phone/Mobile ship has sailed. I got off a year ago. Those that want to ride it into the sunset are more than welcome to do so.

I did something similar, but different. I got off of Verizon, and switched to AT&T, so I can ride my HP Elite x3 or Alcatel Idol 4s into the sunset.

Now people without the option to switch carriers can do the same. Cheers!

EXboxNick

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
yeah, sure it'd have been nice, but now it's easy too late and Satya nadella basically admit to killing off "Windows mobile". maybe we'll see actual window in the future but that still doesn't get the mass public over the app Gap

khampton

Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I was and am thrilled to have this phone! I bought it the day I heard about it. For various reasons I need to be on Verizon's network, and it has been a while since I had access to a decent Windows phone. It is my only Windows 10 phone option that will be getting the next release, and even if support fades, it will likely last as a phone-and-ereader until something decent comes along. Did I mention that I have not really been happy with Android and Apple phones! The X3 has almost every app I want, and I found ways of working around Barnes and Noble a while back. My only challenge is that it is huge!

Glendel Bondoc

Nov 13, 2017
Visit site
I just bought mine to replace my Lumia Icon...I was very close to buying an Android phone, but switched gears when I heard about the Verizon Elite x3...Reminds me when I bought an HP Pre3 when they stopped making webOS...I guess I will stick with Windows Mobile til its last dying breath or until Microsoft comes up with something...

Munkyby

Dec 3, 2014
Visit site
It's nice that most of the MS services are available on Android and I do use them, but the experience is not quite as nice. I keep wishing MS would port their design language over to an Android Launcher and integrate it with live tiles of their services. The tiles are the things I most enjoy and keep me using MS services like Outlook, MSN sports, Groove (I know), the People tile, the Picture Tile, The MS News Tile. Just give me those on an Android phone so we have supported apps and I would jump on it. I'd even pay for the launcher as it would be my preference and it would keep me more engaged in the MS ecosystem.

I couldn't agree more. I just bought the Elite X3 on Verizon, and after putting my Lumia 928 in the dresser drawer (backup plan) after 4-1/2 years, I have to say, the air is out of the balloon. The issues with Bluetooth on my Jabra Freeway while driving & the voice navigation through the Waze app has my head spinning with disappointment.

I personally feel like Nadella has given up on Microsoft being the competitive innovator it was 35 years ago. The only piece of hardware that Microsoft has succeeded at is the Xbox. Satya has decided to use forms of income that are derived from storage services (OneDrive and other cloud services) rather than concentrate on Windows Phone innovations that would bring the masses to become users. Users bring services and apps. I always thought I was the last windows phone fan.

xFalk

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
Bought an Elite X3 last week and am excitedly waiting for it to arrive. Admittedly, I went back and forth about spending $599 for year-old hardware. But I'm sorta stuck on Verizon for now and I literally hate Google. I'm currently still using my 5 year old Nokia Lumia 822 that I basically got for free via Walmart back in 2012. So averaging the cost and usage time between the 822 and X3 phones works out pretty well. Although the Elite X3 is a year old, the Galaxy S7 that my wife bought is now almost two years old. So my new "old" phone will still be newer than my wife's old phone. I think my biggest challenge will be getting used to going from a 4.3" screen to the almost 6" screen. Somehow I think I'll manage though.

JM_Thomas

Oct 9, 2014
Visit site
If Microsoft hadn't come and said "Sorry, WinMobile is dead to Us", absolutely I would have dropped the money for the X3 on VZW. Been waiting over a year for it, and now it is a Zombie phone walking basically.

Not dead yet, but also no future life either, unless MS pulls their collective heads out, and decides Mobile in a PHONE form factor actually has value for them. I don't see that happening though, stock prices have taken over their entire focus, product development and market/mindshare be hanged.

So, I bit the bullet a year ago and went with a LG V20. Boy, was that a mistake. The hardware, screen, and camera, are top notch, but Android OS totally SUCKS. Slow, lousy interface, no style to it what so ever. The whole "Flat" design language reminds me of something like Windows 3.1 or 95. No color, not real design style.

My next phone will be an iPhone, not because I like iOS, but because I hate Android more than iOS after this last year. Unless MS releases CoreOS for the X3, and brings C-shell to ARM devices this year, I am going completely MS-free in 2018. An X3 with CoreOS would change my mind.

I have Linux dual booting on my 2 laptops, and once my 2 Android tablets die off, I am done with Android entirely. Hopefully that Linux phone I have been reading about will gain traction in the next year or so, because right now I figure it has a better chance at being built than anything MS might be planning in the next couple years.

Sick Freak

Feb 16, 2014
Visit site
I had to go to my local VZW store yesterday to help out a family member (I dumped VZW 2 years ago,) and asked about the Elite X3 ...... and of course, they knew nothing about it. I even asked the store manager and he had to look up what it was and had absolutely no interest in showing it to me. (It wasn't on display.)

augustaville

May 19, 2015
Visit site
Hi there -

Just hooked my X3 up to Verizon this morning. I had been using it for a week with my old AT&T sim card. Has anyone else had the issue where voicemails do not show up? No notice on the tile and not even in the phone, history tab. Just me or widespread?

dalascby

Aug 4, 2012
Visit site
Hi there -

Just hooked my X3 up to Verizon this morning. I had been using it for a week with my old AT&T sim card. Has anyone else had the issue where voicemails do not show up? No notice on the tile and not even in the phone, history tab. Just me or widespread?

Voicemail alerts are working fine for me. (Verizon sim from my Icon)

DavidinCT

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Would pay no more than $100 for it... just as a backup phone....Just ordered a new Samsung Note 8.... best buy has them for $350 off (Verizon and Sprint). I had the best that Windows Phone had to have at one point, now for Android....

Too bad, a year ago, I would of jumped at a X3 on Verizon... just like Windows phone, a day late a dime short...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium