New Outlook.com Sucks!!!! Big Time!!!!

Roy Corneloues

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
If you have an MSA that is not using an outlook.com, Hotmail.com, etc. email address, then you will now get an error when trying to log in to Outlook.com.

The answer is to switch to (assuming you have one) an alias that is from one of the supported Microsoft domains.

Once you've done that, you'll be back in business. However...

It appears you can no longer set your own email address as your outbound "from" address. It also appears that all the settings for collecting remote email via POP3 or IMAP have vanished!

Outlook.com can no longer be used to bring all your email to one place. You can no longer use Outlook as your aggregator and choose which address you want to be identified by!

For as long as I've had my MSA and subsequently my O365 Home subscription, I've always been able to maintain my own identity within the Microsoft ecosystem - those days, it appears, are over!

I'm also hearing that Outlook Premium is being cancelled. That backs up the above as Premium was a great way to use your personal domain for 5 email addresses via Outlook.com.

You can no longer sign up for Outlook Premium and it appears that, unless you want to be forever known by an @outlook.com address, you're gonna have to start looking elsewhere for email hosting!

Thanks Microsoft!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans