Why can't I connect to Delta's inflight Wifi?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I can see the WiFi on my phone, but it never connects. The instructions from Delta are pretty plane - should work on any device.

But no luck. I thought it would take me to the Gogoinflight browser page and aske me to accept - but no luck.

more properties:

SSID: gogoinflight

Protocol: 802.11g

Security type: Open

Network band: 2.4 GHz

Network channel: 1

IPv6 DNS Servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1

fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1

fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1

Manufacturer: Atheros Communications Inc.

Description: Qualcomm Atheros AR6320 Wireless Network Adapter

Driver version: 1783.426.0.0

Any help on how to troubleshoot this for next time?

Mr. Vwp_ss_20171127_0001.jpg

Last edited:

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I can see the WiFi on my phone, but it never connects. The instructions from Delta are pretty plane - should work on any device.

But no luck. I thought it would take me to the Gogoinflight browser page and aske me to accept - but no luck.

more properties:

SSID: gogoinflight

Protocol: 802.11g

Security type: Open

Network band: 2.4 GHz

Network channel: 1

IPv6 DNS Servers: fec0:0:0:ffff::1%1

fec0:0:0:ffff::2%1

fec0:0:0:ffff::3%1

Manufacturer: Atheros Communications Inc.

Description: Qualcomm Atheros AR6320 Wireless Network Adapter

Driver version: 1783.426.0.0

Any help on how to troubleshoot this for next time?

Mr. VView attachment 138190

Have you been able to login in the past?

also did you check the browser?

As sometimes you have authenticate yourself via a login through the browser before being allowed to connect. Others either you get a set amount of data free and through which you can create a login or if you have a login after the free amount of data you can use login info. Or they connect to WiFi and auto load a browser page for login.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Have you been able to login in the past?

also did you check the browser?

As sometimes you have authenticate yourself via a login through the browser before being allowed to connect. Others either you get a set amount of data free and through which you can create a login or if you have a login after the free amount of data you can use login info. Or they connect to WiFi and auto load a browser page for login.

Hey TechFreak1,

This was my first time trying to connect - ever. I did check my browser - nothing. I tried UC browser as well - nothing.

If I did not try to connect - and chose more properties - no DNS servers showed up.

I find it strange it could detect the wifi, but no more. Does the phone have to be set to IPv6?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Hey TechFreak1,

This was my first time trying to connect - ever. I did check my browser - nothing. I tried UC browser as well - nothing.

If I did not try to connect - and chose more properties - no DNS servers showed up.

I find it strange it could detect the wifi, but no more. Does the phone have to be set to IPv6?

What about the Edge browser?

In regards to IPv6 I would imagine no, IPv6 although necessary but it's hardly used anywhere at present.

Under manage in Wifi settings, do you have "let me use online signup" to get connected turned on or off?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
What about the Edge browser?

In regards to IPv6 I would imagine no, IPv6 although necessary but it's hardly used anywhere at present.

Under manage in Wifi settings, do you have "let me use online signup" to get connected turned on or off?

Edge browser defaulted and still no connection. As for the 'let me use online sign up' - never saw that option....

Never tried the "let me use online signup"......I can't find it....I went to settings, Wi Fi....

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Edge browser defaulted and still no connection. As for the 'let me use online sign up' - never saw that option....

Never tried the "let me use online signup"......I can't find it....I went to settings, Wi Fi....

Interesting, looking at your screenshots, you have more settings in the WiFi app then I do.

Can you post screenshots of hardware properties, manage known networks and additional settings?

If your mac address of the WiFi chipset shows in hardware properties, make sure you cut / blank that out.

malvo26

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Go to settings > Network & Wireless > >Wi-Fi > Additional settings and look for Hotspot 2.0 networks and tick the button to on for "Let me use Online-Sign-up to get connected". That should do it even with Edge.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Go to settings > Network & Wireless > >Wi-Fi > Additional settings and look for Hotspot 2.0 networks and tick the button to on for "Let me use Online-Sign-up to get connected". That should do it even with Edge.

Hi Malvo,

Thanks for pointing that out!
I did have that selected though (it was on)

Have you ever had it work on a Delta flight?

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
I use gogo on air Canada no problem with my 650, 950xl.

I know some hotspot points to a bad redirect page, something with Nokia in url.. I tend to have this problem before with my 920. The newer phones goes to a msftconnect.com redirect... Seems the hotspot don't know what to do with the Nokia url

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I use gogo on air Canada no problem with my 650, 950xl.

I know some hotspot points to a bad redirect page, something with Nokia in url.. I tend to have this problem before with my 920. The newer phones goes to a msftconnect.com redirect... Seems the hotspot don't know what to do with the Nokia url

I am using the Alcatel Idol 4s...wonder if it has the same issue.
But I never saw any window open.

I will be flying Air Canada and Westjet soon...hope I am in luck...

Mr. V

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
@veep veep connected to air Canada gogo inflight service. It auto directed to gogo page no problem. I didn't buy any this time to really try it out though

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss