12-26-2017 12:54 PM
26 12
tools
    I think part of the problem is that MS has never had a clue how to market (to consumers). I would bet the average consumer knows of Cortana, but doesn't even associate it with AI like they do with Siri, Google Assistant, and Alexa. Those companies actively taut the Artificial Intelligence angle of their products. They promote that this is the future. MS seems to be content in having people think of Cortana as the new Clippy. The lack of mobile isn't hurting them, they already have Cortana on millions of devices, laptops, desktops, Xbox, and people use 'her' everyday. When they click search and find that spreadsheet, they probably don't even realize it is "Cortana" doing that for them. Their lack luster entry into the AI appliance realm, Invoke, isn't helping either. Not even a MS product, and only one mid-range priced option. When Home Minis and Echo Dots are selling for $30, a $100 (on sale) newcomer is tough to sell. I have one. It's excellent hardware and the sound is great, but the AI/third party support is middling. MS is always hampered by the 'build it and they will come' philosophy. 'They' are already somewhere else.
    12-26-2017 12:54 PM
26 12