Contacts from Outlook missing in People app in Windoes 10 Mobile

Jaroslav Kadlec

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
Hi all,

I have a strange issue with my W10M that appeared just yesterday morning. Could not find anything similar here, so I am posting a question.
I had all contacts synced and no issues before, but in the morning, all contacts (except Skype, xbox, FB etc) are missing. I have checked that People app on Windows 10 desktop do show them, contacts are also on the people.live.com. I have double checked the settings to show all contacts and set do not filter anything, but no luck. The app was not updated for quite some time and I am wondering what I have to do to have all contacts synced back. Forcing sync did not help. The side effect is also that last called numbers are without name associations and my favorites in the phone is empty too. This draws my phone kind of not useful anymore.

Thank you for any advice. I would rather not factory reset as it is my business phone and MobileIron is no longer available.

Jarda

STi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I think I found something..
on my phone I add a new number, and then I exported my contact list from the website, it show only the one that I have added..
another thing, in the contact list I have more then one list, one called contacts- in Hebrew(I have change it AFTER the mass) one list of skype contacts and there is a sub folder name other contacts and in it there is a list called contacts...
anyone knows how I can copy all contacts from one list to another? and then delete the "other " list?
thanks!

Jaroslav Kadlec

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
It is weird, when I type in number for a direct call, it changes to proper name and even has an image, but when the same calls me back, it is not recognized. Looks like some kind of bug in contacts/calls but if this will be here after Tuesday, I will start considering move somewhere else as I need to call a lot.

SolariXxX

Aug 6, 2016
Visit site
I've noticed that Contacts folder is syncing with apps but I live in Russia and I have Contacts folder named in Russian where all my contacts placed. Now this folder as well as Skype folder and other folders doesn't sync. Please, reply if you have something new regarding to this problem.

Tomas_samoT

Dec 10, 2017
Visit site
I would avoid doing a factory reset if I were you.
I did it as a last resort, and not even starting from scratch helped, why I suspect that the problem lies "up stairs".

Just finished a support chat:
I would like to inform you that our team is aware about this issue. Many customers are facing the same problem.
Neha D:
Developers are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Neha D:
We will call you and update you as soon as we get any update from the team.

Jack0B

Sep 7, 2015
Visit site
I just posted at least my solution to another thread.

I copied (export, import) my contacts from the "contacts" folder to the contacts folder at outlook.live.com, and they were immediately showing up again on my devices!
Hope it is working for you guys too.

STi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I would avoid doing a factory reset if I were you.
I did it as a last resort, and not even starting from scratch helped, why I suspect that the problem lies "up stairs".

Just finished a support chat:
I would like to inform you that our team is aware about this issue. Many customers are facing the same problem.
Neha D:
Developers are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible.
Neha D:
We will call you and update you as soon as we get any update from the team.

Please update us when you get the call :)

Jaroslav Kadlec

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
No change after update, I am starting to look for a different phone ... Once W10M are no longer capable of keeping contacts in sync, it's like basic feature missing.

Jaroslav Kadlec

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
Looks like the issue is quite frequent for many customers using Lumia phones - according to the support. The issue is escalated to the highest level to dev team. They will be sending email once the issue is resolved. Could send also a Surface Book I guess :)

camila.deramos.9

Dec 12, 2017
Visit site
My mom had the exact same issue on her lumia 830. I couldn't find any solution, so she had to retype all the contact names again. And it happened twice already, very annoying.
Since then I'm on the lookout for an Android phone for her as I have bought one for me after giving up on waiting for Microsoft to deliver a trustful OS

VelvetDarkling

Dec 13, 2017
Visit site
Same issue here, but contacts are missing on both Windows 10 desktop and Windows 10 Mobile. Removed my account and readded it, but it does not help. No filters are on and the contacts do show on people.microsoft.com.

Such a basic feature is now missing from my phone, it's baffeling.

Jaroslav Kadlec

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
I did not want to wait for them to solve it so I have moved all contacts in Outlook 2016 from my Hotmail account in folder Kontakty to Contacts folder and I see it now in W10M (setup in English). At least it works temporarily. On my desktop Win10 (setup in Czech) I am missing all contacts now. Looks like MS dev team localizes everything without really thinking .... I might just duplicate them in both Folders.

jot ef

Dec 15, 2017
Visit site
Some news already??
Are you also running out of patience with w10 mobile? Yep it is dead etc and so. But really, I was hoping to keep my 930 until the hardware is dead because used to work well for the basics. And now no contacts....

STi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I really starting to think it's Microsoft's way to show us the door..
I can't believe such a Major problem not getting any attention and not solved already...

STi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
My workaround for now is export contacts from outlook.com then import them into a google account (maybe I need to get use to it..) and it showing in the phone.. When I tried to import it back to outlook I'm getting errors and only 84/1032 contacts are imported..

Jaroslav Kadlec

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
I have received a call from MS support today, that they have a solution for the issue. However I was driving so they will call me later. I wonder what kind of solution they have. Definitely positive approach so far.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss