Contacts from Outlook missing in People app in Windoes 10 Mobile

Jaroslav Kadlec

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
Originally posted by STi
Originally Posted by Stanislav Priscak
Yes that's right after import contacts to folder Contacts W10M synchronize the contacts. Czech or Slovak folder named Kontakty is not synchronized.

You can import all your contacts with no problem? I can't..

I have just moved them (drag and dropped) in outlook 2016 to Contacts folder and it immediately synchronized. If you have outlook on your work or home PC, that is for now the easiest and reliable way. I got an email from MS yesterday about scheduling a call to help resolve the problem again. Probably will call me during Monday.

Jaroslav Kadlec

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
I have received instructions from MS support to resolve the issue, and it is basically it - create a new contact, a folder Contacts will appear in people.live.com, then export all from the other (in my case Kontakty) and import to Contacts (or use Outlook 2016 as it is way easier and faster, preserves images etc.) I am still wondering why it worked for years and now suddenly it is an issue.

STi

Apr 8, 2013
Visit site
I have received instructions from MS support to resolve the issue, and it is basically it - create a new contact, a folder Contacts will appear in people.live.com, then export all from the other (in my case Kontakty) and import to Contacts (or use Outlook 2016 as it is way easier and faster, preserves images etc.) I am still wondering why it worked for years and now suddenly it is an issue.

Can I do it with 2013 also? How exactly did you import the file? Thanks!

Jaroslav Kadlec

Dec 9, 2017
Visit site
Originally posted by STi
Originally Posted by Jaroslav Kadlec

Can I do it with 2013 also? How exactly did you import the file? Thanks!

Not sure of it would work in Office 2013, but probably yes. What you have to do is create a new contact in your people app on W10M so that Contacts folder will appear with the newly crested contact. Then in Outlook 2013 show contacts pane, there you will have all contact folders visible including the newly created one. Find folder, where your original contacts are, then select all of them and drag to newly created Contacts folder. That is how I did it and it worked.

Juanjo 2017

Dec 19, 2017
Visit site
Not sure of it would work in Office 2013, but probably yes. What you have to do is create a new contact in your people app on W10M so that Contacts folder will appear with the newly crested contact. Then in Outlook 2013 show contacts pane, there you will have all contact folders visible including the newly created one. Find folder, where your original contacts are, then select all of them and drag to newly created Contacts folder. That is how I did it and it worked.

I guess it can be done with outlook 2013, as I've done it with outlook 2010. I dragged the contacts from Contactos (Spanish) to Contacts on the PC and it immediately started to sync on the mobile. I couldn't believe it.

Saeglopur89

Dec 10, 2012
Visit site
So it can be resolved just manually by moving contacts etc.? This happened to my sister which is abroad, I don't want to mess so much, some of you already said that hard reset won't solve the problem :/

It's insane that now we can't relay even on contacts! :O

CGAB

Dec 21, 2017
Visit site
My contacts disappeared as well from my W10M over night even though they are still available at https://outlook.live.com/owa/?path=/people. Is there an official statement from Microsoft regarding this issue? If anyone from Microsoft is reading this please keep in mind that a lot of W10M users are decision makers within their companies. If Microsoft even can't make simple contacts syncing between a mobile device and the cloud why should I even consider using Azure then? For the first time I now will choose AWS S3 for my storage requirements instead of Azure Blob!

redmisfitx

Jan 10, 2013
Visit site
This problem is triggered by having the "Focused" Inbox feature activated on your account. The fix is what many have mentioned here. Manually move the contacts back to the correct folder so our handsets can sync them back. Ridiculous that Microsoft has no yet issued a fix for this.

Jeep1962

May 28, 2017
Visit site
I've had the same problem, but after a while every lost contact came back suddenly, this was on my 950, on a used 650 the same story. Now everything works great again!

Trifon Paskalev

Dec 26, 2017
Visit site
I've had the same problem, but after a while every lost contact came back suddenly, this was on my 950, on a used 650 the same story. Now everything works great again!
Lucky one! I have the same problem already two weeks with my 640xl and no so option yet! Does someone of you know how to combine the the folders Cotacts on people live.com? Or to move all my 1000 contacts from one folder to another?

Ronald Sutandi

Jan 3, 2018
Visit site
Lucky one! I have the same problem already two weeks with my 640xl and no so option yet! Does someone of you know how to combine the the folders Cotacts on people live.com? Or to move all my 1000 contacts from one folder to another?

First thing, I've experienced same thing with my Microsoft accounts contact in people app, due I can't find all my contacts info at people app, but I can still see them in people.live.com. However, it's stored as 'other contact' folder instead supposedly stored as main folder 'contact'.

So the solution, you need to export your so called 'other contact' folder which you can see all of your contacts stored by clicking 'manage' tab (in additional, first, you may clean up or unlink each of your contact that you may think not updated/ you even not contacting them so long time ago by clicking each time you see 'link' tab to be unlinked and then in-updated contact to be deleted or maybe edited with updated info. This to avoid also double or triple data when it's exported). It will be exported as .csv outlook file and saved in your hardisk download folder.

After that you go back to 'manage' tab and then import the .csv outlook file and done! They all now stored at your main folder 'contact' and you can see them now at people app.

Tips : always refresh the people.live.com each time you make change in order to safely stored of changes you've made.
I have around 200 contacts and I did in within 15 mins and done!

Goodluck and cheers

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720