Trying to do a hard reset of my wife's Alcatel IDOL 4S, got an error

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
We're trying to do a hard reset of my wife's Alcatel IDOL 4S. The phone stopped working about 2 months ago. (No audio whenever someone calls, no one can hear on her phone but anyone using her phone can hear her.) A soft reset hasn't helped, so we're doing a hard reset. I got it going but got this error message:

"Ooops! Looks like we ran into a problem trying to turn off Reset Protection. Make sure you have a network connection and try again later."

What are we supposed to do at this point?

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
To remove Reset Protection you need to be connected to the internet via Wi-Fi or cellular service to reach Microsoft's servers. Reset Protection is at the chip level so even Windows Device Recovery Tool is insufficient.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It is looking for either the Reset Protection recovery key or the account that it was signed into to enable reset protection before it was reset. Without internet the second item will not disable it. Like stated above get it on the interet. Or login to the Microsoft account used to enable the reset protection on that phone, and find the device and imei and remove the phone from your account. Make sure it is the exact same device you are talking about imei name model etc. When removing it from your devices list it will prompt you to save the reset protection key. That key can disable the reset protection without an internet connection.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/10549/microsoft-account-protect-my-phone

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kuyhaa