Instant Messaging

Moskigirl

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

I'd like to know if they will ever bring back the Instant Messaging app/feature. Having my SMS synced with the computer would be cool, especially if I can reply from the computer.

I've heard it was supposed to be replaced by Skype but how could Skype deal with SMS that are not sent by internet?

Happy new year by the way!

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
re:

Hello,

I'd like to know if they will ever bring back the Instant Messaging app/feature. Having my SMS synced with the computer would be cool, especially if I can reply from the computer.

I've heard it was supposed to be replaced by Skype but how could Skype deal with SMS that are not sent by internet?

Happy new year by the way!

The trick is to always have internet :D I have my android connected and I do see the pop-ups, but never used them. It is handy tho. If I get a chance to use it, I'll let you know

Moskigirl

Sep 10, 2016
Visit site
re:

The trick is to always have internet :D I have my android connected and I do see the pop-ups, but never used them. It is handy tho. If I get a chance to use it, I'll let you know

My computer is always connected to the internet and my phone too. But I never managed to see my SMS on the Instant messaging app.

ven07

Jan 27, 2014
Visit site
re:

My computer is always connected to the internet and my phone too. But I never managed to see my SMS on the Instant messaging app.

Weird does pop-up for me every now and then. It isn't always 100% though and I connected my android instead of my 640

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
re:

Hey @Moskigirl sorry I never got back to this, been really busy at work and haven't really check through this site much. I hope you have figured it out. If not let me explain further.

You don't use the messaging app on your computer to do the sms thing

Just to clarify, you have a Lumia 735 and a windows 10 PC right?

Assuming I understood correctly...

You have skype on your phone and skype from the microsoft store on your windows 10 PC.

1. Open Skype on your Lumia 735 - I guess you are signing into the same account as your phone account?
  2. Goto Settings of the skype, and scroll down to the section where it says make skype the default SMS application - Now you will see your SMS messages in Skype.
  3. You will also see a section about connected devices and there probably is enough listed there yet.
  4. Goto your windows 10 PC
  5. Does it have the same account as your phone account? Maybe it doesn't matter
  6. Open Skype, the one from the microsoft store. Maybe here just make sure your skype is logged into the same skype account on your phone.
  7. ON the skype, pC.... goto settings and scroll down to section about device sync. THere will be your computer name listed an a 4 digit code
  8. Now open your phone skype settings, scroll down to connected devices, your windows 10 pc will be listed... and there will be a place to enter the 4 digit code,
  9. Once you have code entered, both your phone skype and computer skype will have the same messages and you can use your computer skype to send SMS messages.

So the messaging app is for nothing more than just reading. Skype app is where we do everything and linked skypes and sending SMS from PC

I hope that helps!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre