How do you see/change IMAP ports in W10 Mobile email?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
My ISP (Cox) sent an email saying customers may need to change ports used and security settings in email clients or not be able to send/receive email after a certain date.

I checked our PCs and one did needed a change to one account. But when I went to check our numerous W10 Mobile phones, I can't find those setting anywhere.

How can I find out what ports and security settings are being used and if they need to be changed, how do you change them.

Cox has links for instructions for changing them in Android or iPhones but surprise surprise no mention of Windows Phones, not that it should really be needed since all devices will need to use the same ports and settings Cox documents for other devices.

And all our phones have been getting sporadic notices that our email account settings are out of date for many months but few and far between and if you click on the notice, nothing happens. And the email has always worked perfectly. Now I'm wondering if these notices are somehow related to the ports used or security settings.

Last edited:

T Moore

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
Tap the email address in settings, email & app accounts.

Manage, options for syncing your content, incoming and outgoing mail server info

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
Tap the email address in settings, email & app accounts.

Manage, options for syncing your content, incoming and outgoing mail server info
Thanks but that is exactly where I started. As I said, there is no place there to see or change the ports or type of security.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ayven