Lumia 532 Windows 10 update in 2018

ashyxiv

Oct 21, 2017
Visit site
I have a Lumia 532 with Windows 8.1 updated. Can I update it to Windows 10 in this(2018) year? It's in the supported devices list by Microsoft.

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
A supported update? Probably not. They did the 535 but it seemed like it was that the 640 650 950 and a couple others. I know I was able to get 10 through insider on my 521 but it wasn’t released for it officially.

Cryio

Oct 6, 2013
Visit site
If you have a Lumia 532 on WP8.1, seach on the Store for Upgrade Advisor. Download that, follow the steps and you'll be allowed to download Windows 10 Mobile.

You'll do a few check for updates and restarts, and you'll end up on W10M Anniversary Update (RS1). After the OS is completely up to date (press Check for Updates until nothing new appears), it's advisable to do a full phone reset and setting the phone as a clean install (meaning no Restore). This will result in the best experience for your phone.

Afterwards, hit the Store and check for updates for all apps. Let ALL apps update (usually making the Store app itself the first to update will result in a smoother experience, with a better Store app). After all the apps in the Store app are updated, you are free to uninstall any apps you don't want. You should hit Check for Updates in the Store app again once or twice to really get all the phone firmware apps updates as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans