Are you still buying W10M apps?

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Definitely a good choice, especially if you consider that it can be used on Windows 10 ecosystem too.

I bought it too and I use it very often.

Apps in win32 may never die, but UWP will slowly gain traction, I mean it has already grown much. Investing in an app in UWP is a good choice, yet the only draw back is how well the developer continues to support that app or keep it in the store. One UWP app I am glad I grabbed a long while ago that was apparantly pulled for some reason is mTalk. I can still find it in my library but it is not available from searches or queries in the Store.

lbp775

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I haven't bought anything from the Microsoft store (apps/movies) since they killed Groove music pass. I still have Windows 10 on my desktop and surface though so if there's an app that I need I have no problems buying it.

I have made about 5 purchases within the last two weeks from the google play store though...

Dune 74

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have bought a few in 2017, and plan to buy a few more. Mostly to get rid of ads, but also to show support the for the developers that are still working on W10m.

Since they range from about $0.99 to $3 - it's not a bank breaker...

Most have been tools and video/music editors. Just fun stuff.

Anyone else?
Any apps that are paid for that are really great? Much better than the free version?

Share your experiences!

Thanks,

Mr. V

I really like Windows Phone and have been a consumer of Mobile phones running the Mobile OS for a long time since CE version. I really think they made a bad decision to move away from the phone industry and the lack of app development hasn't helped, but yes i still buy phone only apps if they are good and useful. I also buy the apps that are UWP.

Oguz Kartal

Apr 6, 2017
Visit site
Absolutely yes. There are many apps that deserve to get paid.

And I don't believe buying apps from the Microsoft store is a waste of money. Most of them, you can use on your PC as well. Microsoft store apps are future of the Windows.

WM10 Mobile is my main mobile os. I'll be able to use most of my old apps when the Surface phone goes on sale.

kingtigre

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
I recently left W10M. But I saw the writing on the wall about a year ago. So I only bought/buy UWP Desktop compatible apps. Figured when the end finally came, I'd still have a library of usable apps for my Surface.

So that's my thought. Yes. Still totally worth it...as long as you're buying UWP.

Ben Levi Giron

May 4, 2015
Visit site
Apps in win32 may never die, but UWP will slowly gain traction, I mean it has already grown much. Investing in an app in UWP is a good choice, yet the only draw back is how well the developer continues to support that app or keep it in the store. One UWP app I am glad I grabbed a long while ago that was apparantly pulled for some reason is mTalk. I can still find it in my library but it is not available from searches or queries in the Store.

Sure, it is a problem to lose an application from the store because you also lose the possibility to install that program again. I think that not every software will last forever, regardless of the OS, but you can always enjoy content or get the most out a productive app.

I am preparing for buying a UWP application that costs nearly $70, but I am aware of its utility and there is no other similar program, neither as win32 or any other OS app, that can help me on my daily work. Because of that, I know that it will be a great investment and that is enough for me.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
ppl should stop using Windows phones all together and to buy anything else related is quite wasteful

I see your point. Not all UWP apps are W10M compatible. As well some UWP W10M apps are not PC compatible. So like mentioned we need to research and think ahead when buying an app in the store. Sometimes I still buy the legacy (silverlight) WP8 apps just to try them, all be it they are like a dollar so it is not like breaking the bank. Even then sometimes I email the developers suggestions and ask if they are planning to convert it to UWP. The ones that have replied stated the are not supporting that particular app any longer.

slepr

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
I occasionally buy an app, but now it is mostly continuing to donate to the developer if they are updating. Sad to see this die but am hopeful for Andromeda. Just hope that happens soon because I can't bear the thought of having to pick one of the ****ty OS options out there.

Dave Liao

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Exactly what you said. At the very least I'm thanking the developers who chose to invest in a superior platform with a cup of coffee.

Pairadyce

Feb 6, 2016
Visit site
Every app I've paid for was using Bing Rewards points so will i continue? Yes. Will it cost me anything? No, unless Bing Rewards is axed too.

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
There isn't anything for me, that I normally use, to buy anymore on mobile. I will normally buy things to get rid of apps, or donate for supported ones

Richard Toft

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have bought a few in 2017, and plan to buy a few more. Mostly to get rid of ads, but also to show support the for the developers that are still working on W10m.

Since they range from about $0.99 to $3 - it's not a bank breaker...

Most have been tools and video/music editors. Just fun stuff.

Anyone else?
Any apps that are paid for that are really great? Much better than the free version?

Share your experiences!

Thanks,

Mr. V

Richard Toft

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Definitely, its pretty simple tbh if your sticking with w10 mobile, and you want / need an app then buy it. whatever your reason for sticking with W10M buying that app will at least mean your still making use of the device you currently have.

For me I'm sticking with W10M hopefully a new windows device with telephony will release in 2018 or early 2019.

sweatshopking

Aug 16, 2011
Visit site
Just bought the full pro version of mypodcasts. It's expensive, but the app is head and shoulders above every other podcast app on windows, and it's UWP with support for xbone and pc. Well worth it. If the native one ever got an update i might not have, but it's ancient, doesn't work properly over bluetooth, and so happy to pay for a better app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon