04-16-2018 08:30 PM
67 123
tools
    Sure I am still buying app, why not? I just bought dosbox, and a mindmap program. They are both universal, so run on my phone and laptop. I don't see this kind of integration on other platforms.
    Ben Levi Giron likes this.
    01-28-2018 12:41 PM
    No, not interested.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    01-28-2018 01:00 PM
    ppl should stop using Windows phones all together and to buy anything else related is quite wasteful
    Why?
    hippohumongous and fatclue_98 like this.
    01-28-2018 01:59 PM
    I just donated to BlueSky Browser (http://forums.windowscentral.com/e?l...token=34JZ7_ue)

Why, because I found it useful. It was not a huge amount of money - but I support the developer.

I'd pay to remove ads from Cut and Paste Photo Edit (remove ads)
    and the same for Photo Cut and Paste (remove ads) - but no option.

Yes, I'd spend $1.99 for something I find fun...even though I know support will go away...
    01-28-2018 02:06 PM
    actually is a default app. just reset my 950xl and there it was, works too.
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    01-28-2018 09:37 PM
    Who cares anymore,there is also one big problem in the windows store....there is no filter so you can view the real UWP apps ....there has not been a way to tell which app is UWP or not
    vEEP pEEP and Elky64 like this.
    01-29-2018 01:14 AM
    Windows 10 mobile is full of bugs and so is store. So you can't even search for apps. I just see empty screen. Kind of hard to buy anything.
    vEEP pEEP and Elky64 like this.
    01-29-2018 10:05 AM
    Nope, but I definitely won't buy any W10 apps at all. Without mobile I don't see any sense in UWP apps, and without UWP there are usually better Win32 apps out there. Usually opensource/freeware/cheaper than in store. And best thing: I don't support Microsoft with money, which goes directly to the developer. It's already sad, I spent some several $100 in apps and games, which are now unavailable :(
    vEEP pEEP likes this.
    01-30-2018 04:01 PM
    If the apps are qualitatively good enough and suit my needs, yes, I still buy. GPS apps are always a good investment.

Paid apps that I find the least interesting to buy are apps that rely on cloud syncing to update content. If that bridge is closed in a app, the shell is otherwise virtually useless. Standalone apps with offline usecases can often still be of good value.

Youtube apps have become more of a gamble in windows 10 mobile than windows phone 8 in my experience. But if the app is good, i think it is a better investment than using youtube.com in Edge.

UWP apps that support both windows 10 mobile and windows 10 are a good investment, and will still be valuable in the long run, in my experience.

Apps that are supported in iOS and Android is a relieving pitch for future planning, when my windows phone device eventually dies. But I think by that time microsoft will have a new interesting proposition of a device that is the best of pc and smarphone/tablet hybrid, bridging the gap of having to hastle with multiple devices in everyday usecases.
    02-18-2018 09:47 AM
    Definitely, its pretty simple tbh if your sticking with w10 mobile, and you want / need an app then buy it. whatever your reason for sticking with W10M buying that app will at least mean your still making use of the device you currently have.

For me I'm sticking with W10M hopefully a new windows device with telephony will release in 2018 or early 2019.
    Until one day them apps (if not UWP) just goes poof! So then "making use" becomes "less useful". It's not a matter of "if" but "when" and just another pitfall of the platforms decline.
    02-18-2018 11:28 AM
    Until one day them apps (if not UWP) just goes poof! So then "making use" becomes "less useful". It's not a matter of "if" but "when" and just another pitfall of the platforms decline.
    There's one thing that I haven't read anywhere that concerns me. Are present UWP apps going to be backward compatible with whatever Andromeda brings? This goes for PWAs too. Will Edge Mobile have the capability to run them? I've read that most of the upcoming apps and features will be for Redstone 4 & 5 which is why the Photos app went sideways and subsequently reverted to the previous version of Mobile.

If this is the case then landfills across the world will be overrun.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk
    Elky64, libra89 and vEEP pEEP like this.
    02-18-2018 12:57 PM
    There's one thing that I haven't read anywhere that concerns me. Are present UWP apps going to be backward compatible with whatever Andromeda brings? This goes for PWAs too. Will Edge Mobile have the capability to run them? I've read that most of the upcoming apps and features will be for Redstone 4 & 5 which is why the Photos app went sideways and subsequently reverted to the previous version of Mobile.

If this is the case then landfills across the world will be overrun.

Sent from my Acer Liquid Jade Primo on mTalk
    Good question(s). Never thought of it myself but just about at the end of my rope with "anything" Windows so that's probably why
    02-18-2018 01:19 PM
    Absolutely! People have become so cheap in the modern era of smart phones. If an app has the functionality I want I buy it. Don't care if it is 1 dollar or 10. As a failed mobile app developer, lol, I can attest to the fact that ad revenue for most apps is almost nothing. If you want apps on your platform buy them. And yes I'm aware W10M is fading away. So what. Just bought Tweet It! because I recently came back to W10M (with a new 930) and needed a Twitter client with Tweet Marker built-in. Cost me $8CDN and I didn't hesitate.
    fin11, JoshCaleb and NYCMetsPDX like this.
    02-20-2018 06:39 AM
    I dont mind paying at all for apps, i mean seriously whats it cost in the long run for good apps you really need?
    fin11 and JoshCaleb like this.
    02-20-2018 09:23 AM
    Absolutely! People have become so cheap in the modern era of smart phones. If an app has the functionality I want I buy it. Don't care if it is 1 dollar or 10. As a failed mobile app developer, lol, I can attest to the fact that ad revenue for most apps is almost nothing. If you want apps on your platform buy them. And yes I'm aware W10M is fading away. So what. Just bought Tweet It! because I recently came back to W10M (with a new 930) and needed a Twitter client with Tweet Marker built-in. Cost me $8CDN and I didn't hesitate.
    Not quite sure what the intent of inputting your comment in this thread was as I'm sure many are aware of those who chose not to purchase apps on platforms in general. There's an obvious difference though when speaking Windows Phone TODAY. How many times have we heard about or personally experienced "here today gone tomorrow" in regards app? I'd say it's been far too many and will only get worse so see nothing wrong with those not willing to dole out for an app that may or may not be there for them tomorrow.

I've purchased many apps ($ CND) over the past few years myself (other platforms), enough so I could probably buy a lightly used flagship of today's standards, and they are still in use today. Purchased apps on Windows Phone too but think I have approx three that are left still functioning out of the many that I had bought. Some install but are crippled with most not installing at all. So if I don't purchase another app on the Windows Phone platform am I being cheap or proactive?
    TgeekB, libra89 and fatclue_98 like this.
    03-04-2018 01:29 AM
    Not quite sure what the intent of inputting your comment in this thread was as I'm sure many are aware of those who chose not to purchase apps on platforms in general. There's an obvious difference though when speaking Windows Phone TODAY. How many times have we heard about or personally experienced "here today gone tomorrow" in regards app? I'd say it's been far too many and will only get worse so see nothing wrong with those not willing to dole out for an app that may or may not be there for them tomorrow.

I've purchased many apps ($ CND) over the past few years myself (other platforms), enough so I could probably buy a lightly used flagship of today's standards, and they are still in use today. Purchased apps on Windows Phone too but think I have approx three that are left still functioning out of the many that I had bought. Some install but are crippled with most not installing at all. So if I don't purchase another app on the Windows Phone platform am I being cheap or proactive?
    Well said.
    03-04-2018 12:23 PM
    Well said.
    I think you can be both - cheap and proactive.

If an app is $0.99 and it is gone tomorrow - you have lost $0.99.
    And you can check ratings of apps.

If I bought a $1000 phone before MS announced they were killing W10m, I would be a little more pissed off...

Questions: If W10m had a robust marketplace with developer making reliable and quality apps - think W10m would still be around?

Thanks for your comments!
    libra89 likes this.
    04-16-2018 08:30 PM
67 123