Are you still buying W10M apps?

anand sai3

Jan 28, 2018
Visit site
Hello,

I have bought a few in 2017, and plan to buy a few more. Mostly to get rid of ads, but also to show support the for the developers that are still working on W10m.

Since they range from about $0.99 to $3 - it's not a bank breaker...

Most have been tools and video/music editors. Just fun stuff.

Anyone else?
Any apps that are paid for that are really great? Much better than the free version?

Share your experiences!

Thanks,

Mr. V

anand sai3

Jan 28, 2018
Visit site
My friends saying windows phone waste and worst. But I know it is best for using. But they don't known that's way. U know windows phone is best? Then say to peope

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Let it go people. Move on.

I still own over a dozen Windows phones, but they're paper weights at this point. Stop living in the past, and stop torturing yourselves.

sporosarcina

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
I love that people want to spend the time to "prove" people are wasting their time because they don't agree with you. I spend money on well made UWP that fill a need I have. They work on my 950, Surface, ultrabook, and any future devices.

Whodaboss

Dec 24, 2011
Visit site
I'm just curious why the hell anyone cares if someone wants to continue to buy apps they can still find useful? Why is Windows Central trying their best to close shop on Windows Phone? Why?!

I still use WP 8.1 and recently purchased Phonos app. It works for the purpose I need it to perform for now. Do you think people are idiots and don't realize at some point these apps will eventually shutdown? But they haven't shutdown yet! Next you'll be advocating Microsoft should shutdown the entire app store?

Why?! Are you guys so desperately want to move to an all Android or iOS site? Let people enjoy what they think is best for them.

plarusa85

Jan 18, 2017
Visit site
Sure I am still buying app, why not? I just bought dosbox, and a mindmap program. They are both universal, so run on my phone and laptop. I don't see this kind of integration on other platforms.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
I just donated to BlueSky Browser (https://forums.windowscentral.com/e...owser%2F9nblggh533ms%3Frtc%3D1&token=6iBonhW4)

Why, because I found it useful. It was not a huge amount of money - but I support the developer.

I'd pay to remove ads from Cut and Paste Photo Edit (remove ads)
and the same for Photo Cut and Paste (remove ads) - but no option.

Yes, I'd spend $1.99 for something I find fun...even though I know support will go away...

passat31

Apr 8, 2015
Visit site
Who cares anymore,there is also one big problem in the windows store....there is no filter so you can view the real UWP apps ....there has not been a way to tell which app is UWP or not

Majstr

May 6, 2013
Visit site
Windows 10 mobile is full of bugs and so is store. So you can't even search for apps. I just see empty screen. Kind of hard to buy anything.

MattDD

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Nope, but I definitely won't buy any W10 apps at all. Without mobile I don't see any sense in UWP apps, and without UWP there are usually better Win32 apps out there. Usually opensource/freeware/cheaper than in store. And best thing: I don't support Microsoft with money, which goes directly to the developer. It's already sad, I spent some several $100 in apps and games, which are now unavailable :(

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
If the apps are qualitatively good enough and suit my needs, yes, I still buy. GPS apps are always a good investment.

Paid apps that I find the least interesting to buy are apps that rely on cloud syncing to update content. If that bridge is closed in a app, the shell is otherwise virtually useless. Standalone apps with offline usecases can often still be of good value.

Youtube apps have become more of a gamble in windows 10 mobile than windows phone 8 in my experience. But if the app is good, i think it is a better investment than using youtube.com in Edge.

UWP apps that support both windows 10 mobile and windows 10 are a good investment, and will still be valuable in the long run, in my experience.

Apps that are supported in iOS and Android is a relieving pitch for future planning, when my windows phone device eventually dies. But I think by that time microsoft will have a new interesting proposition of a device that is the best of pc and smarphone/tablet hybrid, bridging the gap of having to hastle with multiple devices in everyday usecases.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Definitely, its pretty simple tbh if your sticking with w10 mobile, and you want / need an app then buy it. whatever your reason for sticking with W10M buying that app will at least mean your still making use of the device you currently have.

For me I'm sticking with W10M hopefully a new windows device with telephony will release in 2018 or early 2019.

Until one day them apps (if not UWP) just goes poof! So then "making use" becomes "less useful". It's not a matter of "if" but "when" and just another pitfall of the platforms decline.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon