Are you still buying W10M apps?

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I have bought a few in 2017, and plan to buy a few more. Mostly to get rid of ads, but also to show support the for the developers that are still working on W10m.

Since they range from about $0.99 to $3 - it's not a bank breaker...

Most have been tools and video/music editors. Just fun stuff.

Anyone else?
Any apps that are paid for that are really great? Much better than the free version?

Share your experiences!

Thanks,

Mr. V

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Nope, not anymore.
It's hard to be buying apps on various platforms on a semi-frequent basis.

I don't regret buying the apps that I have bought though.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Every chance I get. I've got a nice collection of apps on all three stores to last me a lifetime so I never have to buy them again. I can get three or four good UWP apps for the price of a pack of smokes so I'd say that's well worth it.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
Every chance I get. I've got a nice collection of apps on all three stores to last me a lifetime so I never have to buy them again. I can get three or four good UWP apps for the price of a pack of smokes so I'd say that's well worth it.

That's a great way to look at it. I like that actually.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have bought a few in the past. This year I am considering one. I had a free code from the developer but there was a slight snafu. Anyways it is a bit on the pricey side though. Still on fence if I want to buy it though.

Krystianpants

Sep 2, 2014
Visit site
I had a really good meal tracking app that connected to an awesome database and let me do so much. Paid 5.99. Dev dumped it and it's no longer useful for me. Only thing i bought since the W10m fiasco is a game on UWP. Mostly because it was cheaper from ms store than steam. But I still use steam as my number 1 preference. However, I don't see MS ******* off gamers. If they do dump UWP games then my guess is there will be some deal made with steam to move them over. Steam is building support to have their app load UWP apps into game library. And of course MS takes gamers seriously. They are just too big of a company with too much to deal with. They need to split apart like Google did with Alphabet. Possibly enterprise/consumer efforts. Make Phil Spencer CEO of consumer division and just call the company Xbox.

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
bought a bunch of apps before back in th WP8.1 days.

The most recent app I purchased in w10m was Deus Ex Go and ProShot for w10m. I also donated a couple of bucks to the developer of MyTube.

In the WP8.1 days I purchased ProShot Classic, Simple Calendar, Hitman Go, Lara Croft Go, Leo's Fortune, Lost Echo, Machinarium, Where's My Mickey? and a whole lot more.

In hindsight, I did buy a lot of apps.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Back in the day we did. This past year bought a few and they were a joke, no really they were pathetic. Had purchased many on Android and iOS that I wasn't fond of either but never anything quite as bad as these. So nope we don't anymore unless it's PC - and can't stand venturing into the Store on Windows Phone only doing so to update present apps installed.

Last edited:

sporosarcina

Mar 15, 2011
Visit site
Buying UWP is a no loss issue. Even if my 950 suddenly didn't work they still work on my Surface and Ultrabook. I am betting they will work on the new Andromeda.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb