Lumia 640 - problems with calendar & mail app

Riley77

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
My phone was working fine until the Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar app updated to v17.8827.21596.0.
Now the mail and calendar crashes, won't sync, slow opening, won't populate sometimes after opening. The phone runs Windows 10 mobile v15063.850.
I dont have a backup from before the problem. Is there any way I might fix this without a hard reset?

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
My phone was working fine until the Outlook Mail and Outlook Calendar app updated to v17.8827.21596.0.
Now the mail and calendar crashes, won't sync, slow opening, won't populate sometimes after opening. The phone runs Windows 10 mobile v15063.850.
I dont have a backup from before the problem. Is there any way I might fix this without a hard reset?

The other option is to wait for an update to fix the issue, as hard reset restores the system installed apps from the ROM itself and is set to update automatically on WiFi via default. So if you do a hard reset, enable you cellular data connection, open the store and turn off auto update on WiFi. As Microsoft has made it that you cannot even open the store if you do not have internet connectivity after a hard reset. That's what happens on my replacement L930 (Danish Country Variant).

Any app you have installed will have to be re-installed from the store via 'My library'.

Riley77

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
The other option is to wait for an update to fix the issue, as hard reset restores the system installed apps from the ROM itself and is set to update automatically on WiFi via default. So if you do a hard reset, enable you cellular data connection, open the store and turn off auto update on WiFi. As Microsoft has made it that you cannot even open the store if you do not have internet connectivity after a hard reset. That's what happens on my replacement L930 (Danish Country Variant).

Any app you have installed will have to be re-installed from the store via 'My library'.

Thanks for the reply.

I went ahead with a hard reset. Non working email and calendar needed a fix. So now that works, but a new problem.

The gadgets app is installed, but not showing in the app list. I have to go to the MS app store to open it. I will continue to do so, unless there is an easy fix for this. I'm guessing the answer will be no.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the reply.

I went ahead with a hard reset. Non working email and calendar needed a fix. So now that works, but a new problem.

The gadgets app is installed, but not showing in the app list. I have to go to the MS app store to open it. I will continue to do so, unless there is an easy fix for this. I'm guessing the answer will be no.

In regards to the gadget app, there are two clunky work arounds.

1) You need to download a tile creator that allows you to pin a website, like start perfect and copy the share link into the website screen and then pin the tile after customising it (optional).

Now when you need to open the gadgets app, you can just tap the tile and it will autoload the store page to launch the app.

2) Install the gadget app and plug in headphones and pin the headphone settings in the gadget app or pin any other device that you need to add (tap and hold the devices you want to pin + additional options). Then create a tile folder with all the device tiles.

Riley77

Jan 31, 2018
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. While fooling with it, I was able to fix the app. In settings > apps & features, gadgets was listed. There was advanced option to reset it. It worked! I was unaware that some apps could be repaired.

All is good now. Awaiting the next problem.......

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tips. While fooling with it, I was able to fix the app. In settings > apps & features, gadgets was listed. There was advanced option to reset it. It worked! I was unaware that some apps could be repaired.

All is good now. Awaiting the next problem.......

Good to hear :excited:, looks like this feature is only for devices on the creators update as I don't have that setting on none of my phones lol.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ljwsrvv