Today, my Edge app is completely wonky on my 640XL, Windows Central app keeps giving me an error message, app store won't let me download anything (including the recently uninstalled Windows Central app for example). I guess it's time to get serious about deciding on a replacement. Like the late great Don Meredith said when the Cowboys' charter plane hit severe turbulence once upon a time: "It's been a good'n".
    aximtreo likes this.
    02-01-2018 02:50 PM
    Don Meredith and the Cowboys survived. You cannot?
    02-01-2018 03:56 PM
    Today, my Edge app is completely wonky on my 640XL, Windows Central app keeps giving me an error message, app store won't let me download anything (including the recently uninstalled Windows Central app for example). I guess it's time to get serious about deciding on a replacement. Like the late great Don Meredith said when the Cowboys' charter plane hit severe turbulence once upon a time: "It's been a good'n".
    Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. In my experience the W10M Windows Central app has always been buggier than a roach infested motel. There are certainly are several W10M major bugs that will not get ironed out, such as issues with Microsoft Maps, Messaging app, Bluetooth and random MicroSD card errors, which is really frustrating. While I still enjoy my Lumia 950XL, I understand your cause for concern.
    02-02-2018 07:22 PM
    issues with Microsoft Maps,
    What's wrong with Maps, functions pretty good I thought... I'm annoyed at the lost of background running instructions but otherwise it all seems to work just fine.
    02-03-2018 01:44 AM
    I haven't noticed any bugs in maps, bluetooth or SD card errors on my lumia 950 XL. Don't use maps daily for navigation though but last time I used it it worked without issues through Bluetooth in my car.
    02-03-2018 05:13 AM
    Still rocking a 950 on fast ring, no issues and the groundwork in Edge for PWA (service workers) have made pinned websites more than a replacement for the few apps I am missing.
    02-03-2018 08:47 AM
    Sorry to hear about the issues you are having. In my experience the W10M Windows Central app has always been buggier than a roach infested motel. There are certainly are several W10M major bugs that will not get ironed out, such as issues with Microsoft Maps, Messaging app, Bluetooth and random MicroSD card errors, which is really frustrating. While I still enjoy my Lumia 950XL, I understand your cause for concern.
    Yeah, I didn't even mention that every time I rebooted the 640 I got a SD Card error (which it was always able to "repair"). I ended up going back to my Lumia 830, which was a better phone to begin with, but harder for me to type on. I haven't had the issues on it I was having on the 640XL, maybe a hard reset on the 640 would have helped.
    02-07-2018 01:06 PM
    You might be on to something. MS Weather app's radar maps went away overnight. Tried to install a couple of other weather apps I already own...won't go, throwing stupid errors. Downloading stuff from the Store is really hit or miss right now. I'm hoping it's just a server-side issue but I'm starting to feel like that $99 I spent last month on my "bargain" Idol 4S was a fool's expenditure. Gonna swap out the SIM to another device and put this thing away for the rest of the day, maybe tomorrow things will be ironed out.
    02-10-2018 10:36 AM
    I have had some of those issues also with my new 99$ idol 4s. My Cricket Lumia 650 doesn't have the issues. I am on Cricket. Reluctantly thinking of a hard reset in hopes to fix things. My visual voicemail won't work, keep losing my APN. Have to reboot to get it back. This is in addition to hangs and sudden app closeures.
    02-10-2018 02:07 PM
    Not coincidentally, just got out of the 30-day window for returns. Store is basically broken now. I put the phone down for the last 12-14 hours, fired it back up, and it's still throwing errors when trying to download apps that I had recently used, removed for whatever reason, and am now trying to reinstall. (tonight it's 0x80246016)

Whatever. It was nice to have a 30-day going away fling. For $99, I reckon it was worth it. I should be able to get every bit of it back on Swappa, or at least a decent portion of it.
    02-11-2018 12:17 AM
    Not coincidentally, just got out of the 30-day window for returns. Store is basically broken now. I put the phone down for the last 12-14 hours, fired it back up, and it's still throwing errors when trying to download apps that I had recently used, removed for whatever reason, and am now trying to reinstall. (tonight it's 0x80246016)

Whatever. It was nice to have a 30-day going away fling. For $99, I reckon it was worth it. I should be able to get every bit of it back on Swappa, or at least a decent portion of it.
    Are you still having this issue? Did you try a reset or check for any OS updates and apply those?
    fin11 likes this.
    02-18-2018 05:15 AM
    Still rocking a 950 on fast ring, no issues and the groundwork in Edge for PWA (service workers) have made pinned websites more than a replacement for the few apps I am missing.
    Such as what? I am definitely interested.
    02-19-2018 08:23 PM