My 950 has been rebooting out of the blue recently and I thought I would try to disable the device protection on it to see if that helps.

There are two on/off switches. One for the device, one for the SD card. I can tick the option for the SD card but it goes back to on right away. The main option is dimmed and I can not change anything there.

I am on the latest feature2 release. Any ideas?
    02-11-2018 04:14 AM
    My idea would be that this is not a massively tested area in W10M. I know I tried it once and it didn't work.

Any encryption enabling/disabling would not be an instant click to engage/disable due to the processing required to basically step through the entire SD data and encrypt/decrypt the data. I'd wager that it's the sort of option you can enable or disable on a blank SD card before using it but after that point, let's say disable did something - it might require several hours of decrypting the data to actually disable.

I can say that SD cards do go bad though - perhaps just grab a new card and try that fresh?
    xandros9 likes this.
    02-12-2018 01:28 PM
    I noticed that unchecking the option (although it goes to ON right after), eventually disabled the encryption. So I have now been able to deactivate it totally - no change so ordered a new battery :)
    fin11 likes this.
    02-13-2018 06:38 AM