Did anyone else get a new photo app update today for W10M?

I checked the store and it shows last updated 10/18/17, but mine looks completely different today. The menu icons are at the top, there are options to display varying sizes of photos, and they retain their original aspect ratios.

The multiselection menu is all different too, and curiously is missing the option to Delete.

02-11-2018 02:25 PM
    This was pushed to insiders. Insiders that are still registered will get that app update...
    02-12-2018 09:00 PM
    I like it, rise increase in features, though with the tradeoff of some less mobile friendly elements.
    02-12-2018 09:48 PM
    They also removed favourite from app. Some idiots at Microsoft :-(
    theefman likes this.
    02-12-2018 10:02 PM
    The jury still out on the new app.

I do feel it's slightly easier to delete duplicate pictures esp the pesky ones that everyone sends on WhatsApp

... !
    02-13-2018 02:12 AM
    Can anyone actually use it. Can't select half the menu options when in portrait mode. Can't edit pics in other apps. Using the inbuilt editor can't see the pic you are editing properly. It's a shambles
    02-13-2018 02:17 AM
    It's definitely in preparation for the arrival of Andromeda
    Player Piano likes this.
    02-13-2018 05:56 AM
    And once again, it takes pics forever to show up, even when you refresh.
    Last edited by jeffchapik; 02-13-2018 at 03:50 PM.
    02-13-2018 01:24 PM
    I'll be watching out to stop this installing on my phone.

Sent from mTalk
    02-13-2018 03:08 PM
    ... And the app has been rolled back. Update just installed that takes it back to previous version
    02-15-2018 01:59 AM
    Got the update that reverts it to normal but now it won't open at all. Anyone has this?
    02-15-2018 12:14 PM
    Mine is working.
    02-15-2018 01:15 PM
    We have the appxbundle available on XDA.
    02-15-2018 07:08 PM
    Yup, back to the previous version...

... !
    02-15-2018 08:30 PM
    I too have just had the photos app return back to normal which is a shame as it worked well on my 950XL.

The only issue i have now is that the Albums menu doesn't work !!! Every time i push the Albums menu it crashes and goes back to the start menu !!!

Anybody else have this issue ?

Thanks.

Ross.
    02-15-2018 08:55 PM
    It looks like Microsoft has stopped including us with Support:

https://www.engadget.com/2018/02/15/...ones-pcs-wifi/

Shame...shame
    02-16-2018 01:03 PM
    I uninstalled the original Photo app. Then installed the appxbundle of the new app all using interop tools. I have not been rolled back yet. But I am also not an insider on my 950 XL...:)
    I have been running it for at least 4 days now.
    02-16-2018 04:11 PM
    Do you guys have any issues viewing pictures in your Albums ?
    It won't even let me open the folder on my 950XL as i said earlier it just crashes back to the start screen!!! This issue has happened since we reverted back to the old photos app !!

Not sure how to get around this one as it won't let me reset the photos app !! Really hope I have not lost all my pictures in the Albums folder !!!

Cheers.

Ross Brown.
    02-16-2018 05:29 PM
    Do you guys have any issues viewing pictures in your Albums ?
    It won't even let me open the folder on my 950XL as i said earlier it just crashes back to the start screen!!! This issue has happened since we reverted back to the old photos app !!

Not sure how to get around this one as it won't let me reset the photos app !! Really hope I have not lost all my pictures in the Albums folder !!!

Cheers.

Ross Brown.
    Ross, no issues... 950 XL
    02-16-2018 07:25 PM
    Hi mtf1380.

Thanks for letting me know. Is there anyway i can sort this out ? Just can't understand why its crashing !!

Thanks.

Ross.
    02-16-2018 07:44 PM
    Right have a bit of a update on this issue i have with my albums folder !!!

As i said before i still can't access my albums on my 950XL as it just crashes back to the start screen.

But say if i select a picture then go to move it into a album it then gives me all my Albums to select from to put the picture in !!! So my albums are there but I just can't get into them through the Album menu on the photos app !!! So annoying as i use my albums all the time !!!

Really hope this gets resolved with a photos app update !!! As i can't see a way around this !! Unless anybody in here has any bright ideas !!
    Obviously i can't reset the photo app as its a major app on mobile but even if i could have reset it I suppose i would loose all my photos on the app but i suppose it is all backed up on the one drive so wouldn't matter too much if i could do it !

Any ideas or if any body else has the same issue please let me know thanks.

Ross Brown.
    02-17-2018 04:02 AM
    Right have a bit of a update on this issue i have with my albums folder !!!

As i said before i still can't access my albums on my 950XL as it just crashes back to the start screen.

But say if i select a picture then go to move it into a album it then gives me all my Albums to select from to put the picture in !!! So my albums are there but I just can't get into them through the Album menu on the photos app !!! So annoying as i use my albums all the time !!!

Really hope this gets resolved with a photos app update !!! As i can't see a way around this !! Unless anybody in here has any bright ideas !!
    Obviously i can't reset the photo app as its a major app on mobile but even if i could have reset it I suppose i would loose all my photos on the app but i suppose it is all backed up on the one drive so wouldn't matter too much if i could do it !

Any ideas or if any body else has the same issue please let me know thanks.

Ross Brown.
    Unfortunately Ross, going by what MS has said, they released this version of the Photos app by mistake (which makes no sense really). They have stopped it now so any update to the Photos app may put you back on the original version.
    02-17-2018 06:42 AM
    Hi thanks for the reply.

The version i am running for the photos app is the latest edition of the old photos app. I went to the new version and it went back to the old original design and now i can't access my Albums!!

So its the old original windows 10 mobile photo app i am running and my Albums don't work its so annoying !!!!

Cheers.

Ross.
    02-17-2018 10:55 AM
    Unfortunately Ross, going by what MS has said, they released this version of the Photos app by mistake (which makes no sense really). They have stopped it now so any update to the Photos app may put you back on the original version.
    The update was probably intended for iOS and Android only:(
    Elky64 likes this.
    02-17-2018 02:03 PM
    Yea i guess they did make it for Android and ios !!! Such a shame about the situation with w10 mobile I'm gutted, anyway moving on i guess............
    I have still had no luck accessing my Albums it still crashes back to the start screen !!! but i managed to save all my albums to my one drive in a long about fashion so if i need to view them or get a picture i can thankfully but only on one drive. But this is not ideal !! Hope there is a fix for this in some sort of update in the photos app !! Thanks for your help guys its much appreciated.

Ross Brown.
    02-18-2018 04:07 AM
29 12