I have a lumia 950 phone. This morning it was fully charged and I noticed a couple of missing apps. I touched the phone Icon, the screen briefly reacted like it was trying to start the phone and then back to the main screen but the phone Icon was gone. Touched a couple of other icons like settings and it reacts(screen goes black), then comes back to the main screen, app sometimes missing, the settings icon is gone. Swiped down to get to the settings and the "all settings" and "connect" buttons do nothing. Restarted and even pulled battery for a while. no change. It is clear that some things are working because notifications, news stories and weather are shown, wifi shows connected, flashlight still works but very little else. The phone is supposed to be virus and malware proof but this sure looks like a virus?
    02-15-2018 03:18 PM
    It’s a flaw with Windows mobile all together. I’ve had to do hard resets to resolve but sometimes just trying a few times and closing background apps works
    02-15-2018 03:31 PM
    Well past closing background apps. Trying to avoid hard reset because photos etc would be lost.
    02-15-2018 03:45 PM
    Well past closing background apps. Trying to avoid hard reset because photos etc would be lost.
    Since it wasn't mentioned, have you done a soft reset?
    02-16-2018 03:03 PM
    Can't you move the photos to a SD-card or a PC? Then you can hard reset.
    fin11 likes this.
    02-16-2018 03:29 PM
    Turning off and removing the battery ARE forms of a soft reset. Tried connecting to PC via USB cable, PC wouldn't see it. Not enough functionality to move files to SD card.
    Had to bite the bullet and do a hard reset through the buttons (couldn't do trough settings). Now it works fine but I lost a lot. Will check for updates when I get a chance.
    02-16-2018 04:14 PM
    Turning off and removing the battery ARE forms of a soft reset. Tried connecting to PC via USB cable, PC wouldn't see it. Not enough functionality to move files to SD card.
    Had to bite the bullet and do a hard reset through the buttons (couldn't do trough settings). Now it works fine but I lost a lot. Will check for updates when I get a chance.
    Do you have your photos automatically uploading to your onedrive account?
    fin11 likes this.
    02-16-2018 10:16 PM
    Kepp regularly copying the photos and other relevant data to your pc or other storage device -and regularly do app settings backup - if in case something like this happens, you'll lose very little
    02-17-2018 12:23 AM
    Unfortunately not....
    02-17-2018 01:30 PM