Convince me to leave W10m 😃

ads13

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Hello guys,
It's been long time I opened forums.

I have Lumia phone which doesn't allow me to leave this amazing platform. Except some apps you can live without are still missing from this platform.
But the main thing is the perspective.
As a tech lover, I like all things. But I can debate on particular platform which I have used and still using.

As we knew that, MS took a long break from their MobileOS. But they still offered us some best features/apps which makes my hands to interact with w10m.

It was my bad luck that my Lumia has been bricked which affect the Sim-slots. So, I use it as my secondary driver for doing all internet things and using my old Nokia phone for calling/messaging.

Whenever I thought to switch to Android/iOS device then the first thing strikes my mind that what will I need to choose- quality/quantity? Then I compare the w10m OS with other mobileOS(es), what stock features of windows10m OS still I need to use which are still not useful in other platform.

Now, I want to switch to another android which is quite cheaper than iPhone but then the build quality is another barrier that switch ny mind to iPhone which is much expensive for me.

I need you to convince me to switch to another platform except w10m.

#w10m #confuse

slooksterpsv

Feb 12, 2014
Visit site
I went from a Lumia 650 to an iPhone SE. The screen is a bit smaller but it’s faster than any phone I’ve had and cheaper too. iPhone se I got for $200 all my other windows phones add up to about 500-600.
I’ve been burned by mediocre Android devices too many times where I’ve spent thousands on low/mid devices of those.
iOS is just a beautiful experience that Android really isn’t able to match.
I’d recommend trying a few phones in stores to see what fits for you. Oh and the iPhone is still just as speedy as when I first got it. I even bought an iPad because of the natural experience with it. Try some out. Choose what will work for you.

Guytronic

Ambassador Team Leader
Nov 4, 2013
Visit site
It's a waste of time to throw words at someone in an attempt to convince them to do something else.

If you're asking you probably want to leave anyway.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Well if you are not willing to dive right in my advice would be to find a 1-2 year old "loaner" phone that you can take for a real spin, something you can go all out on for a couple of weeks or more.

Doubting anything we say will make much difference whether you switch or not. IMHO you need to convince yourself (not us) that the other platforms are capable of taking over where W10M left off, and the only way to do that is give one of them an honest go, on your own.

worldspy99

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I don't know why we should convince you to stay or go.
Everyone has their own preference.
Hopefully you will find something that works for you.
Good luck.

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
Well if you are not willing to dive right in my advice would be to find a 1-2 year old "loaner" phone that you can take for a real spin, something you can go all out on for a couple of weeks or more.

Doubting anything we say will make much difference whether you switch or not. IMHO you need to convince yourself (not us) that the other platforms are capable of taking over where W10M left off, and the only way to do that is give one of them an honest go, on your own.

G4Grandad

Mar 27, 2015
Visit site
He has convinced himself, he just can't take responsibility for it and wants to blame others if he's unhappy with the outcome. The Paradox of Choice.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
If we need to convince you then most likely your mind is already made up to leave. Kind of like what @G4Grandad and @Guytronic have already said. Personally, I'll stick with the platform. My W10M does all I need a phone to do and I am not interested in Android or iPhone at this time.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
I'd give you a cookie... but this greedy grumps ate it :grincry:.

cookie-monster.gif

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Why must people leave? I have a Sony Xperia XA1 but, I use the Alcatel Idol 4s as my main daily driver. (I am going to be using the 950 again, once the defective one I have is replaced.) I pretty much have my Android phone setup and that is that, customizing it really is not a big deal and most people usually leave everything at default, anyways.

mrpcpro

Sep 16, 2016
Visit site
I switched to Iphone, Android, I always come home to my windows phone. With PWA apps helping to fill some of the gaps, I think I can survive a bit longer.

etphoto

Aug 15, 2007
Visit site
I left and went Android. Not really impressed. I only installed one app (a game) that wasn't available on W10m. I kind of wish I would have stayed with my WP for a little longer.

Twitter: @PhotographyET

ninwiito

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
Micosofts lack of support helped me and my decision to move on. I'm happy with my LG V30 now. The 950 wasnt really that great of a phone anyways.

No apps is a no no for me sorry.

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Micosofts lack of support helped me and my decision to move on. I'm happy with my LG V30 now. The 950 wasnt really that great of a phone anyways.

No apps is a no no for me sorry.

Yep, right up until the Android app developers decide to remove and discontinue an app you were using everyday. (I was surprised when it happened to me but, alas, it happens.) It was then that I realized, I do not really use apps all that much, so I am now using my Idol 4s for Windows as my daily driver again.:smile:

Oh, and it appears that support from developers for existing apps are at best, hit and miss. I want to use Truecaller but, it causes my SMS stuff to hang and can only be made right by removing it and rebooted my phone. Glance plus causes issues with the bluetooth of my Xperia XA1 and that Truecaller app issue was on the Android phone as well. It worked for a few days, when my phone updated to Android 8.0, but stopped working again. :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills