Can't open PDF or word in Edge

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Just installed PDF Reader plus, and browse from within the app for pdfs..

It's troublesome but it works

(edit: On 950XL)
... !

Diamond67

Jul 24, 2015
Visit site
Foxit MobilePdf is an outstanding pdf reader/editor, which is light years ahead of anything Edge can do. This is an ideal app especially for the business user

Sent from mTalk

Installed Foxit MobilePDF. Now I can open pdf-files. But not by tapping them because it starts Edge. Only by opening Foxit and browsing the .pdf file.

But this situation (MS update totally destroyed pdf-file support) is inconceivable.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Installed Foxit MobilePDF. Now I can open pdf-files. But not by tapping them because it starts Edge. Only by opening Foxit and browsing the .pdf file.

But this situation (MS update totally destroyed pdf-file support) is inconceivable.

Oh it's conceivable alright when talking Microsoft, they could screw up the Lords Prayer if given the opportunity. Considering WM is in "maintenance mode" how is it that they continue to keep screwing things up, seriously how?

gwh34t

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
I'm having this issue on desktop. Cannot open PDFs from the web. The error message "Couldn’t open PDF
Something’s keeping this PDF from opening." appears. Any thoughts?

JoeGOHara

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
I have the same problem on my Lumia 950. I can only guess it was due to an automatic update in or around February 14th.
I can go as far as opening the PDF file but it just stays blank. I have tried previous PDFs that opened before but don't open now.

You say use the feedback hub to report the problem. How do I access this feedback hub?

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
You can access feedback from menu in edge. What I don't understand is, this was a known issue. Why didn't they give us option to skip update or roll back? I get off files in email multiple times per day.

Nayden

Aug 11, 2017
Visit site
Same issue here, noticed since Monday. :angry: Uninstalled Adobe Reader and then discovered it has disappeared from the Store, then installed PDF Reader which at least gives you a choice to browse and select the file. But attached pdfs in outlook or gmail for instance are total damage with Edge, something gone wrong and it's called windows mobile.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720