Instagram isnt working on windows 10 mobile

Grace G

Feb 21, 2018
Visit site
Hi! i have a windows 520 phone and it runs on windows 10. i have instagram (not beta) for quite a while now but recently when i open instagram it just goes onto the starter page (its like a black screen whith an instagram sign in the middle) then it crashes to the home page. i have tried reinstalling, refreshing the app, restarting literally everything you can think of. when i install the app it says that i need 2Gs of storage but i have 3Gs to spare on my phone and 13Gs on my sd card. i dont understand how it worked perfectly before but now doesent work at all. also this happens on twitter and facebook.

Last edited:

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
The reason might be because the app itself might prefer for you to have a certain amount of memory available in order for it to run. Your phone has 512mb of ram so Instagram is probably struggling for that reason.

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
@Grace G
As @libra89 said it needs more ram - at least 1 gig for a decent experience.

Recommended is 2gig and above as facebook apps for W10 are osmeta ports (facebooks own porting tool) not native / uwp apps.

Yaroy Perez

Jan 21, 2018
Visit site
Well i got a lumia 640 xl and it's got windows 10 mobile running. I installed instagram and it works perfectly, sometimes a little slow but it is still fine.
Cheers

anthonyng

Nov 29, 2012
Visit site
My Lumia 650 is ok for browsing instagram but if you want to do anything fancy or even just post, you'll need the 2gb RAM, not storage

TechFreak1

May 15, 2013
Visit site
PWA is the way to go. Visit instagram.com on your browser!

Nope, it is not (yet). I won't go into the merits of why as not to derail the thread.

As many and I have pointed out - 2 Gigs of RAM and above is recommended for any Windows phone running instagram.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I am not sure if it would even help a device like the 520 and it requires some time, a bit of technical skill and patience...but if you are into interop unlocking your device you can increase the paging file to like 1024 1024, maybe larger if you need however not recommended. There are a couple of tutorials on the web on how to do this. Some maybe able to testify how Instagram performs on a device with low RAM after doing this mod.

The lowest amount of RAM I have in a Windows phone is 1024, otherwise I would test it myself and let you know...

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Hi! i have a windows 520 phone and it runs on windows 10. i have instagram (not beta) for quite a while now but recently when i open instagram it just goes onto the starter page (its like a black screen whith an instagram sign in the middle) then it crashes to the home page. i have tried reinstalling, refreshing the app, restarting literally everything you can think of. when i install the app it says that i need 2Gs of storage but i have 3Gs to spare on my phone and 13Gs on my sd card. i dont understand how it worked perfectly before but now doesent work at all. also this happens on twitter and facebook.

It is odd that this only recently started happening. As if maybe the RAM issue which should have always been present suddenly became a problem. Those apps periodically get updates. It is possible they optimized the apps even more for 2GB of RAM that is why now you see the problem.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Duouser3