The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
03-17-2018 08:08 PM
44 12
tools
    Now MS store says not available.
    02-26-2018 03:47 PM
    Whoa that's crazy. It makes me wonder if anyone bought one and if they did, what happened to their order? lol
    I had one in my cart from the night before while just poking around...was looking for Microsoft Complete Care warranty info...
    When I logged back in after folks were saying they were unavailable, it automatically got removed from my cart. If someone purchased though if they could, it would have held in processing until Microsoft's side pulls the trigger and fulfills the transaction/funds transfer. So they would have been safe I imagine.
    libra89 likes this.
    02-26-2018 10:09 PM
    But why? Why are they selling them again? Have they unwittingly discovered a crate full of them at the back of a dusty old warehouse? Who in their right mind would buy a W10M device in 2018? Crazy.
    02-27-2018 01:05 AM
    Is it possible that MS Store was just prepping the Mobile Category for a not-to-far-into-the-future use, using the 4 models as placeholders (of course, not meant to be published)? Just a hopeful thought:)
    02-27-2018 07:59 AM
    But why? Why are they selling them again? Have they unwittingly discovered a crate full of them at the back of a dusty old warehouse? Who in their right mind would buy a W10M device in 2018? Crazy.
    Maybe those pages were accidentally (or out of laziness) left up. When they were no longer needed a year or more ago, someone just removed the links to them in the MS store web-site. Then in the last few days, someone stumbled upon them and wrote an article about it.

But if the price was right, people would still buy a Windows phone. I mean anyone still using those phones considers they have some value or they would have already switched. Not everyone needs apps only available on other platforms. I would have bought another 950XL for a backup if it was cheap enough.
    fin11 likes this.
    02-27-2018 08:17 AM
    Kinda hard to make an error like that. 4 of them all at once....
    Wouldn't say it's all that hard for Microsoft as "error" seems to be their middle name now.
    nate0 likes this.
    03-04-2018 12:04 AM
    Friendly reminder folks.........

P.U.P.P.A.H
    (Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
    • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you're talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you're posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
    • Be a pro. Don't get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. In a nutshell, think before you post!
    • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a member's problem.

libra89, aximtreo, fin11 and 1 others like this.
    03-12-2018 10:59 AM
    If someone only needs email and the occasional Word or Excel document, they'd be crazy not to get one. Different strokes dude.
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-12-2018 05:23 PM
    Is this honest mistake still on? Can't find Lumia in MS website.
    03-12-2018 05:59 PM
    Is this honest mistake still on? Can't find Lumia in MS website.
    They are still listed there, but with the option to buy being "Not Available". I just checked the 950 XL again.
    aximtreo likes this.
    03-14-2018 08:19 AM
    @drtek, I probably owe you an apology. Not once did it occur to me (until this morning) that English may not be your first language and that your comment was nothing more than a missed quote of an old euphemism. You see, this morning, I was watching a TV show and one of the actors said, “it’s time to stop beating a dead horse”, after hearing this I admit I felt totally embarrassed, because I may have over reacted to your post the other day. I also admit that if that was what you were trying to say, you are more than likely correct…and I probably am beating a dead horse (of course that dead horse being Windows Phone), but being a huge advocate of the OS, I am in denial of its death and am hoping for a full revival������. I hope you will accept my sincere apology, for jumping to conclusions and concluding the worst. My bad☹
    Regretfully,
    Mike
    Last edited by mtf1380; 03-15-2018 at 07:21 AM.
    fatclue_98 and RumoredNow like this.
    03-15-2018 06:53 AM
    I was at my local MS store this morning and I didn't see any Lumias or Elite x3 phones anywhere. There were plenty of Samsungs spread around and the Razer.

But lo and behold there was a shelf full of Idol 4s boxes making sad puppy eyes at me. So I adopted one.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk
    03-16-2018 04:58 PM
    I have had my idol 4s since January 26th 2018 from the $99.00 sale.
    After a rocky start and hard reset, I have been very pleased for last 6 weeks. I will always urn for greener pastures with a elite x3 or Lumia 950xl for the larger screen. Overall though like my idol 4s.
    fin11 and fatclue_98 like this.
    03-17-2018 10:24 AM
    I have had my idol 4s since January 26th 2018 from the $99.00 sale.
    After a rocky start and hard reset, I have been very pleased for last 6 weeks. I will always urn for greener pastures with a elite x3 or Lumia 950xl for the larger screen. Overall though like my idol 4s.
    Having had all three I can tell you the 950XL obviously has the superior camera but the dim display is such a deal breaker for me.

Quick question for you since I just bought one of the Microsoft Idols. Did they do something with the firmware that T-Mobile hasn't to improve the camera? It's actually kinda good compared to the TMO version.

03-17-2018 01:39 PM
    Mine is also unlocked Microsoft version with firmware 1052.16.09031.50700
    So I do not know if changes were made. I am not a pro photographer and can't complain about the pictures. I like having the camera button, would be nice if it was in proper spot like the Lumia.
    03-17-2018 02:20 PM
    Quick question for you since I just bought one of the Microsoft Idols. Did they do something with the firmware that T-Mobile hasn't to improve the camera? It's actually kinda good compared to the TMO version.
    Take a pic with I4Swin and put it on desktop. Right click on it and select properties > details >scroll on down and look to see if you have these values:

This is what the T-Mo version of I4Swin shows in exif. It led me to believe there was zero firmware and Alcatel simply let the Qualcom system on a chip control the camera. That's what gave it that "budget" look to the photos, no real interpolating layer.

Curious to see what the exif on the "Microsoft" version yields.
    03-17-2018 06:38 PM
    Take a pic with I4Swin and put it on desktop. Right click on it and select properties > details >scroll on down and look to see if you have these values:

https://forums.windowscentral.com/at...-capture01.png

This is what the T-Mo version of I4Swin shows in exif. It led me to believe there was zero firmware and Alcatel simply let the Qualcom system on a chip control the camera. That's what gave it that "budget" look to the photos, no real interpolating layer.

From my understanding they packaged an initial set of packages for the qcom camera driver and services. And that is all we ever got... I'm not certain though if the package versions differ in the t-mobile variant as opposed to the open market model, but it would not be hard to check the ffu files.
    03-17-2018 07:42 PM

https://forums.windowscentral.com/at...-capture01.png

wp_ss_20180317_0003.jpg
    This my firmware screen shot. As shown below my camera is Alcatel.
    wp_20180317_19_13_20_pro.jpg
    RumoredNow likes this.
    03-17-2018 07:45 PM
    Just took a random picture and the device is listed as an Alcatel Idol 4S, not a QCCAM. There is an improvement, no question.

RumoredNow likes this.
    03-17-2018 08:08 PM
44 12