Lumias are on sale again in the Microsoft Store?

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
(you leave a lithium without charge or discharge for a year or more and it dies)

IDK, what to make of it.

Good point on the batteries. If not replaced, they would had to at least inspect each phone being sold, install latest software, etc. This is really strange. I can't imagine they would have ordered more production to restock for sale on MS store unannounced. The only way to access the phones is via the link. I went through all the menus and no way to get to these phones without link. Good material for an X-Files episode. I can't even rationalize why MS would do this now. Could it be an error? Has anyone actually ordered one?

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Good point on the batteries. If not replaced, they would had to at least inspect each phone being sold, install latest software, etc. This is really strange. I can't imagine they would have ordered more production to restock for sale on MS store unannounced. The only way to access the phones is via the link. I went through all the menus and no way to get to these phones without link. Good material for an X-Files episode. I can't even rationalize why MS would do this now. Could it be an error? Has anyone actually ordered one?

Apparently they have all become not available again now.

So lol, that settles that x-files episode - it was all some error on the webstore end, and they never existed.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site

So lol, that settles that x-files episode - it was all some error on the webstore end, and they never existed.

Whoa that's crazy. It makes me wonder if anyone bought one and if they did, what happened to their order? lol

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site

Just an error, phew, things are making sense again. Maybe these links have been active the entire time since the Lumias in question were officially canned.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Whoa that's crazy. It makes me wonder if anyone bought one and if they did, what happened to their order? lol

I had one in my cart from the night before while just poking around...was looking for Microsoft Complete Care warranty info...
When I logged back in after folks were saying they were unavailable, it automatically got removed from my cart. If someone purchased though if they could, it would have held in processing until Microsoft's side pulls the trigger and fulfills the transaction/funds transfer. So they would have been safe I imagine.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
But why? Why are they selling them again? Have they unwittingly discovered a crate full of them at the back of a dusty old warehouse? Who in their right mind would buy a W10M device in 2018? Crazy.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Is it possible that MS Store was just prepping the Mobile Category for a not-to-far-into-the-future use, using the 4 models as placeholders (of course, not meant to be published)? Just a hopeful thought:)

HoosierDaddy

May 28, 2013
Visit site
But why? Why are they selling them again? Have they unwittingly discovered a crate full of them at the back of a dusty old warehouse? Who in their right mind would buy a W10M device in 2018? Crazy.
Maybe those pages were accidentally (or out of laziness) left up. When they were no longer needed a year or more ago, someone just removed the links to them in the MS store web-site. Then in the last few days, someone stumbled upon them and wrote an article about it.

But if the price was right, people would still buy a Windows phone. I mean anyone still using those phones considers they have some value or they would have already switched. Not everyone needs apps only available on other platforms. I would have bought another 950XL for a backup if it was cheap enough.

xandros9

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Friendly reminder folks.........

P.U.P.P.A.H
(Be Polite, Understanding, Patient, Professional, Attentive and Helpful)

• Be polite. We ask that you keep your language clean and polite.
  • Be understanding and patient. You may be a power user or developer, but the person you're talking to on the other end may be a complete newbie. Be patient, and provide all details possible if you're posting about a problem (descriptive thread title always helps).
  • Be a pro. Don't get into arguments over dumb things. If someone responds in a poor or rude fashion, ignore it. If you notice a pattern of rude or poor behavior from a particular member, report them to our moderators. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. In a nutshell, think before you post!
  • Be attentive and helpful. Answer questions in a timely manner when you can, and provide thoughts and suggestions that might lead to the solution of a member's problem.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
If someone only needs email and the occasional Word or Excel document, they'd be crazy not to get one. Different strokes dude.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
@drtek, I probably owe you an apology. Not once did it occur to me (until this morning) that English may not be your first language and that your comment was nothing more than a missed quote of an old euphemism. You see, this morning, I was watching a TV show and one of the actors said, “it’s time to stop beating a dead horse”, after hearing this I admit I felt totally embarrassed, because I may have over reacted to your post the other day. I also admit that if that was what you were trying to say, you are more than likely correct…and I probably am beating a dead horse (of course that dead horse being Windows Phone), but being a huge advocate of the OS, I am in denial of its death and am hoping for a full revival������. I hope you will accept my sincere apology, for jumping to conclusions and concluding the worst. My bad☹
Regretfully,
Mike

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I was at my local MS store this morning and I didn't see any Lumias or Elite x3 phones anywhere. There were plenty of Samsungs spread around and the Razer.

But lo and behold there was a shelf full of Idol 4s boxes making sad puppy eyes at me. So I adopted one.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
I have had my idol 4s since January 26th 2018 from the $99.00 sale.
After a rocky start and hard reset, I have been very pleased for last 6 weeks. I will always urn for greener pastures with a elite x3 or Lumia 950xl for the larger screen. Overall though like my idol 4s.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I have had my idol 4s since January 26th 2018 from the $99.00 sale.
After a rocky start and hard reset, I have been very pleased for last 6 weeks. I will always urn for greener pastures with a elite x3 or Lumia 950xl for the larger screen. Overall though like my idol 4s.
Having had all three I can tell you the 950XL obviously has the superior camera but the dim display is such a deal breaker for me.

Quick question for you since I just bought one of the Microsoft Idols. Did they do something with the firmware that T-Mobile hasn't to improve the camera? It's actually kinda good compared to the TMO version.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
Mine is also unlocked Microsoft version with firmware 1052.16.09031.50700
So I do not know if changes were made. I am not a pro photographer and can't complain about the pictures. I like having the camera button, would be nice if it was in proper spot like the Lumia.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos