New Microsoft AI commercial.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Just shows how old the ad is.

Sent from mTalk

Nahh. You might not know the context of the scene? Gonna take a stab at it. It might be an older model, maybe a 735?? Does not mean the ad is old. I am just not certain how that used AI (ultra sound technology right?) or maybe the app used is proprietary and used in more than just the capacity we see in the ad.

Greywolf1967

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I think he phone as an Ultra-sound machine may be a real thing over in Africa. It does show as a metaphor as well, that newer phones are as powerful as older PC's. Thus a traveling Doctor in Africa can visit a Mom to be and check a babies heartbeat with a phone. It ties into to the whole emerging markets kick Microsoft is on.

infosage

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
My thoughts, who cares, it's a waste of advertising dollars. Are they trying to get everyone excited about generic technology and the generic future? People already are... just not Microsoft tech. Google could use the exact same commercial. Nothing in the ad screams Microsoft is the company I need to use. HoloLens is unique, but still unavailable. Ads should sell something, so what should I buy from Microsoft after watching it?

Manus Imperceptus

May 8, 2014
Visit site
I simply don't see what this is a commercial for? It could be anything. It could be nothing. It could certainly be something other than any aspect of Microsoft... What exactly are they promoting?

PepperdotNet

Jan 6, 2014
Visit site
The commercial makes me "feel good" about Microsoft, but that doesn't override the "feel bad" they have given me over the past years of retrenchment and abandonment of everything I liked about my Windows phones, Band, and general lack of interest in promoting their own platforms.

anon(10172601)

Feb 20, 2017
Visit site
So exactly where does the rubber hit the road? Mobile? Cortana? Then why did we not hear nary a peep out of CES about Cortana?

Make no mistake AI is a huge opportunity! But Microsoft doesn't stand a chance with its more of the same 1/2 baked strategy.

Microsoft needs more than just feel-good, self aggrandizing commercials. They need a mobile presence. And the need to commit to Cortana.

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
They need a mobile presence. And the need to commit to Cortana.
They have a mobile presence. Their apps are all over Android and iOS.
The only commitment they need to make to Cortana is to make it pluggable and extensible.
That's coming. BUILD will show developers how to make the Cortana canvas shine with their AI.

infosage

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
No one is going to MS Build but some old enterprise developers. Without a mobile OS, young developers don't care about Microsoft. They even ignore Microsoft tech in the Microsoft Garage. Nadella abandoned the tech the young generations are interested in.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
No one is going to MS Build but some old enterprise developers. Without a mobile OS, young developers don't care about Microsoft. They even ignore Microsoft tech in the Microsoft Garage. Nadella abandoned the tech the young generations are interested in.
Interesting point. I agree in what were they thinking!

Last edited:

Lobo Technician

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
The commercial is inspirational, but I wouldn't get too exited over the Win Phone cameo, they probably did that just to not give any attention to their competitors. It would have been better if Common was rhyming he whole time, as if reading a poem.

new2490

Mar 19, 2018
Visit site
It is a pointless ad that makes me change the channel when it comes on. Microsoft’s advertising team needs to turn the tide(Yup, it’s a tide ad.) Hope you guys take this commonercial off the aire.

TrumanShow

Mar 27, 2019
Visit site
Anyone catch the Microsoft Windows 10 Phone in use during the new Miscosoft AI commercial with Common? ( 25 second mark https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9tucY7Jhhs4 ). Can we start rumors with our friends about it's return?

Who is this annoying person who invades my world with b.s. propaganda and a completely ghetto dialect and grating voice? Who is this guy some hip hop clown who sold his soul to lie to the world about a technology that is ultimately harmful to mankind? Seriously, this person has no idea what AI is or how it functions. Maybe this guy is "famous". I wouldn't know. I know my limitations and pop culture is not my strength, so apologies to the brainwashed. He appears to be a paid actor who purposefully uses his street voice to annoy while reducing viewers' IQ.

Interrupting your world with meaningless drivel, phony pedestrian persona, and an insincere script is the right way to ensure that your stupid "brand" goes the way of the dodo. Not a fan. I hope Milton burns all your buildings down in one day.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
babukapyar