The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
    Anyone catch the Microsoft Windows 10 Phone in use during the new Miscosoft AI commercial with Common? ( 25 second mark ). Can we start rumors with our friends about it's return?
    03-01-2018 11:17 AM
    Just shows how old the ad is.

Sent from mTalk
    03-01-2018 12:01 PM
    Just shows how old the ad is.

Sent from mTalk
    Nahh. You might not know the context of the scene? Gonna take a stab at it. It might be an older model, maybe a 735?? Does not mean the ad is old. I am just not certain how that used AI (ultra sound technology right?) or maybe the app used is proprietary and used in more than just the capacity we see in the ad.
    03-03-2018 09:55 AM
    I think he phone as an Ultra-sound machine may be a real thing over in Africa. It does show as a metaphor as well, that newer phones are as powerful as older PC's. Thus a traveling Doctor in Africa can visit a Mom to be and check a babies heartbeat with a phone. It ties into to the whole emerging markets kick Microsoft is on.
    03-03-2018 10:36 AM
    My thoughts, who cares, it's a waste of advertising dollars. Are they trying to get everyone excited about generic technology and the generic future? People already are... just not Microsoft tech. Google could use the exact same commercial. Nothing in the ad screams Microsoft is the company I need to use. HoloLens is unique, but still unavailable. Ads should sell something, so what should I buy from Microsoft after watching it?
    Manus Imperceptus likes this.
    03-13-2018 09:50 AM
    I simply don't see what this is a commercial for? It could be anything. It could be nothing. It could certainly be something other than any aspect of Microsoft... What exactly are they promoting?
    03-13-2018 10:00 AM
    The commercial makes me "feel good" about Microsoft, but that doesn't override the "feel bad" they have given me over the past years of retrenchment and abandonment of everything I liked about my Windows phones, Band, and general lack of interest in promoting their own platforms.
    03-13-2018 10:38 AM
    So exactly where does the rubber hit the road? Mobile? Cortana? Then why did we not hear nary a peep out of CES about Cortana?

Make no mistake AI is a huge opportunity! But Microsoft doesn't stand a chance with its more of the same 1/2 baked strategy.

Microsoft needs more than just feel-good, self aggrandizing commercials. They need a mobile presence. And the need to commit to Cortana.
    03-13-2018 11:22 AM
    MS has a better reputation than Elgoog or crApple.
    https://theharrispoll.com/reputation-quotient/
    03-13-2018 12:48 PM
    They need a mobile presence. And the need to commit to Cortana.
    They have a mobile presence. Their apps are all over Android and iOS.
    The only commitment they need to make to Cortana is to make it pluggable and extensible.
    That's coming. BUILD will show developers how to make the Cortana canvas shine with their AI.
    03-13-2018 12:51 PM
    No one is going to MS Build but some old enterprise developers. Without a mobile OS, young developers don't care about Microsoft. They even ignore Microsoft tech in the Microsoft Garage. Nadella abandoned the tech the young generations are interested in.
    03-13-2018 01:38 PM
    No one is going to MS Build but some old enterprise developers. Without a mobile OS, young developers don't care about Microsoft. They even ignore Microsoft tech in the Microsoft Garage. Nadella abandoned the tech the young generations are interested in.
    Interesting point. I agree in what were they thinking!
    Last edited by nate0; 03-13-2018 at 11:28 PM.
    03-13-2018 07:38 PM
    With Nutella incharge, this too will fail.
    03-14-2018 02:13 PM
    Anyone catch the Microsoft Windows 10 Phone in use during the new Miscosoft AI commercial with Common? ( 25 second mark ). Can we start rumors with our friends about it's return?
    Not even a Windows 10 Mobile. :( The Lumia 730/735 shown in the video runs Windows Phone 8.1
    03-15-2018 06:11 AM
    The commercial is inspirational, but I wouldn't get too exited over the Win Phone cameo, they probably did that just to not give any attention to their competitors. It would have been better if Common was rhyming he whole time, as if reading a poem.
    03-16-2018 01:45 PM
    It is a pointless ad that makes me change the channel when it comes on. Microsoft’s advertising team needs to turn the tide(Yup, it’s a tide ad.) Hope you guys take this commonercial off the aire.
    03-19-2018 01:42 AM