05-16-2018 06:31 AM
259 ... 91011
tools
    the only thing I would like is a little more choice. IOS Vs Android being the only options is really sad.
    I've said this before, many times, but the situation in mobile is better than desktop. I think for most people, me included, we don't actually care about the lack of choice. We care only if our preference is top dog, or even available.

Look at it this way: do you care that Windows on desktop has more than 90% market share? Probably not.

Would you care about the two choices in mobile if they were Windows Phone and iOS? Nope, you wouldn't.

The mobile market has spoken: we only want two. And desktop says we'll take only one, with a couple other tiny options in there to add color.
    libra89 likes this.
    05-14-2018 07:25 AM
    I've said this before, many times, but the situation in mobile is better than desktop. I think for most people, me included, we don't actually care about the lack of choice. We care only if our preference is top dog, or even available.

Look at it this way: do you care that Windows on desktop has more than 90% market share? Probably not.

Would you care about the two choices in mobile if they were Windows Phone and iOS? Nope, you wouldn't.

The mobile market has spoken: we only want two. And desktop says we'll take only one, with a couple other tiny options in there to add color.
    I wish Apple and Microsoft were the only choices in mobile and desktop. Lord knows I’ve tried to make Android work for me but it’s just such a fustercluck. I’m staying with my MacBook, iPhone, Idol 4S and Windows 7 slate setup for the foreseeable future. I like Windows 10 Mobile but I’ve lost my appetite for 10 desktop. I’m looking for a more robust laptop/slate to put 7 on so I can exorcise W10 from Boot Camp.
    tgp, Laura Knotek and aximtreo like this.
    05-14-2018 08:56 PM
    Lord knows I’ve tried to make Android work for me but it’s just such a fustercluck.
    I find Android the best balance between features and simplicity. Different streaks for different freaks I guess! iOS is close behind.

My experience with Windows Phone is perfectly summed up by a line from the book Mathematics without Apologies: the result of striving for ultimate simplicity is intolerable complexity. Like you call it, "Workaround Mobile."

Thank you for your comment though. You validated my point about we as consumers not actually caring about how many choices are available. We care only about which choices are available.

so I can exorcise W10 from Boot Camp.
    I see what you did there!
    Laura Knotek and TgeekB like this.
    05-14-2018 09:16 PM
    I am a window 10 mobile user for a long time and please do not switch to android fellow members
    fin11 likes this.
    05-15-2018 06:45 AM
    I am a window 10 mobile user for a long time and please do not switch to android fellow members
    They’re gonna have to go somewhere. Windows 10 Mobile is finished, kaput. The phones will still work and SMS/MMS will also work along with some core apps, but for how long? Cortana is being repurposed so I’m not going to be counting on her too much longer. That leaves 2 options - iOS or Android. Not everybody can afford iPhones so it’s not much of a choice when all is said and done.
    MrockNroll, TgeekB, tgp and 4 others like this.
    05-15-2018 08:23 AM
    Good points as usual fatclue_98. I am sticking around and probably looking for the last lifeboat the USS WP titanic but the band Shure sound great. :-)
    fin11, fatclue_98 and libra89 like this.
    05-15-2018 09:35 AM
    They’re gonna have to go somewhere. Windows 10 Mobile is finished, kaput. The phones will still work and SMS/MMS will also work along with some core apps, but for how long? Cortana is being repurposed so I’m not going to be counting on her too much longer. That leaves 2 options - iOS or Android. Not everybody can afford iPhones so it’s not much of a choice when all is said and done.
    Stop reminding me....😬
    ...but for now my Lumias keep on ticking.
    I use mTalk and a Bible app. Thats it really. Oh and myTube (awesome app!). Rest are core apps. However if either one of those two fades out I'll try a hack to get them to work before I jump ship completely.
    05-15-2018 04:29 PM
    Stop reminding me....������
    ...but for now my Lumias keep on ticking.
    I use mTalk and a Bible app. Thats it really. Oh and myTube (awesome app!). Rest are core apps. However if either one of those two fades out I'll try a hack to get them to work before I jump ship completely.
    I ain't goin' anywhere just yet either. My daily is an iPhone but that's just so I won't have to carry 2 devices. Nights and weekends still belong to the Idol or x3.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-15-2018 05:31 PM
    Good points as usual fatclue_98. I am sticking around and probably looking for the last lifeboat the USS WP titanic but the band Shure sound great. :-)
    I can't carry a tune in a bucket but save me a seat anyway.
    aximtreo likes this.
    05-16-2018 06:31 AM
259 ... 91011