Miss W10M so much :(

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Same here man. Same here. I have bought and sold, bought and sold countless Lumias. And every time I sell one, I am super happy as I was angry with the platform. But when I start using Android, I know I am really angry now more than before. I have made up my mind. Now if (whenever) I buy a Lumia, I am not going to sell it. NOT.

Haha.
I went digging today. Found a working 930 and 929 I still have. The 1520 is a beast of a phone and I like having the portability of the little flagship model too. I try to keep at least one lumia on hand no matter what. I have more spare parts though then actual working phones lol.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Exactly. Why I hate switching to a newer device running Android. Like the S9+ for example...you see all that you are not able to use or interact with on the 950s.

...but then I come crawling back to a Lumia again and again...I guess I just cling to the simplicity at times. Was comparing V-Keyboards the other day between it and Android. There is nothing like the Windows Phone 8/10 vkb. It could use a couple revamps maybe like the dictation toggle could easier to use or do a bit more with dictation/listening/pausing or maybe at times word prediction can work against you...but really an awesome experience compared to Android imo.

I do love the Windows keyboard. The biggest thing I miss from it is probably one of the simplest too. When you're typing out an email address, hit the @ symbol and it automatically takes you back to querty keyboard

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
I really need to unsubscribe from this thread. Everytime I clock in I go straight out searching the classified ads for a used Lumia

Luk Tanguy

Apr 13, 2015
Visit site
Do I miss Windows Phone? BIG YES!!! Although i switched to Oneplus 5T, which is great phone, but I still miss my Lumia 950XL! I was forced to switch when one day the screen turned green. I search for a replacement screen which is not anymore available. The connectivity between the phone and the pcs was insane! even though I can connect my android but that fluidity between windows device is greatly missed. I hope that The surface Phone Andromeda is not another dream that Microsoft is selling to us....

Robert Miller17

Mar 14, 2018
Visit site
I miss Windows 10 Mobile so much, I decided to pull my Lumia 640xl out. It had an issue with installing some apps, but I figured it out. Moving back to my 640XL this afternoon from Android.

I just dont understand how anyone can like android.

Robert

ninwiito

Aug 12, 2016
Visit site
I do but i'm glad I moved on. The third party support just wasn't there. My 950 is collecting dust somewhere but I still use it for taking pictures occasionally.

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
My 950xl is becoming worn out. I shudder when I think of what to replace it with. I've been looking at the V30 and would like to know what you think about it now.
I bailed on iPhone a long time ago, and I can't figure android out. It just looks so...odd. I love Windows Phone.

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
The thing I really miss is Continuum. I was all in on that feature and ran it as my primary workstation for 2 years. I take a tonne of notes in my job and my Surface Pro 4 became a glorified notepad. My Lumia 950 was my go to, permanent workstation.

I get a lot of non-tech people won't believe this, but honestly I ran my business from my phone docked to a cheap monitor and a wireless keyboard/mouse.

I watched that Brian guy with the fedora use continuum on stage at the 950 launch and was like "yup, I'm all in on that!" It was bleeding edge beyond the scalpel.

The only time I had to turn to my surface was to print PDF docs. For whatever reason I could not get Continuum to print a PDF.

Sadly, Continuum was one of the first features that MS started to leave behind. A few months into launch and MS were really pushing improvements and new feature updates, but within a year they just stopped.

I guess by then they were well into the "Andromeda/Arm/Full-Windows-In-Your-Pocket" development cycle and decided to pull the plug.

Honestly, if that Andromeda device lands without Continuum it'll be a wasted opportunity.

I got the dock for free with my 950xl. I couldn't believe how perfectly it worked - my tv had a problem with the size so some images were off-screen, but I'd float the cursor where the command should be and voila! It worked anyway. I loved Continuum. I've always done business on my phone - legal contracts, mind you, and the 950xl made me weep with joy. But printing pdf docs from Continuum? Have I missed something? Can I print from my phone and never knew about it???

Leslielbk

Jun 30, 2013
Visit site
I don't even know where to start. So let me just start with the obvious:

1. Hate Android
2. Hate Android and of course
3. Hate Android

I so so regret selling my premium and super smooth 950XL, I can't even tell you.

Thank you. I'm on wpc to see what ya'll are going to post WP. It's not positive or hopeful... I thought I'd hear "it's not bad over here" but no. I've been holding the galaxy 9+ and it's pretty, the design is interesting, but then I turn it on. WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT???? It looks like a child drew it. clickitty-click-click to move around, not to mention fast access to all the open apps to navigate between them. And there is no replacement for Cortana. From across the room I can go "Hey Cortana - remind me to find the book when I get Beth's". No pause required - I can rattle that off all at once and she smoothly gets it. Set my timer for 55 minutes. What's 87x40173? How many pints in a gallon? Call Sun City cvs (that's not in my phone, she just plucks it off the internet)...I love her. If my 950 dies, I will fcry or a long, long time.

X0LARIUM

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Thank you. I'm on wpc to see what ya'll are going to post WP. It's not positive or hopeful... I thought I'd hear "it's not bad over here" but no. I've been holding the galaxy 9+ and it's pretty, the design is interesting, but then I turn it on. WHAT ON EARTH IS THAT???? It looks like a child drew it. clickitty-click-click to move around, not to mention fast access to all the open apps to navigate between them. And there is no replacement for Cortana. From across the room I can go "Hey Cortana - remind me to find the book when I get Beth's". No pause required - I can rattle that off all at once and she smoothly gets it. Set my timer for 55 minutes. What's 87x40173? How many pints in a gallon? Call Sun City cvs (that's not in my phone, she just plucks it off the internet)...I love her. If my 950 dies, I will fcry or a long, long time.

I totally know what you are saying. No matter how "premium" they try to make their device, they can't upgrade to the design sense of Nokia (for the hardware)/Windows (for the OS).

And it is not that it performs badly. it is decent, has all the apps, no crashes anymore etc. But it is Ugly AF.
In fact I am getting a fantastic deal on the Elite X3 and I have my eyes on it since a week. Let's see how that goes.

raycpl

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
Windows phone sucks. It is not as smooth as it was on 8.1. I regret having a lumia 930
Win8.1 may be smooth and zippy, but for me WM10 out-muscle, out perform it all the time..
This come from one who had used both W8.1 and WM10 on 920, 1520, 720 & 830

... !

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
I know what you guys mean. I am now using my Idol 4s as my daily driver, have totally removed Facebook and all other social apps (taking a break from all the garbage there) and I am thoroughly enjoying the experience. The only thing is, the primary speaker is bad and I need to send it in for RMA repair. :(

I do not have a spare Windows phone sitting around and I do not want to turn my Android phone on at the moment. The Idol 4s for Windows also has the best compatibility with my Dodge Dart Uconnect system.

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
I have the Note 8. Love the size, Love Android Auto, and Love Samsung pay. But still won't match how good Windows Phone worked. To me it is still superior to everything else on the Market. Microsoft needs to realize that!

lopezi

Apr 12, 2010
Visit site
My 950xl is becoming worn out. I shudder when I think of what to replace it with. I've been looking at the V30 and would like to know what you think about it now.
I bailed on iPhone a long time ago, and I can't figure android out. It just looks so...odd. I love Windows Phone.

We've 'upgraded' to a pair of LG V30 phones. My wife dropped her L950 one too many times and it didn't survive the last time. My L950 is still going strong but we were a few weeks past the 2yr MS Coverage so it wasn't worth trying to salvage the dropped L950. AT&T had the BOGO on the LG V30 so I decided to jump on it, I kinda was looking at LG G6 or LG V30, so this made the choice easier.

I've been one week in with the LG V30. I've managed to get slightly accustomed to it, although I still think the L950 or more so WinMobile 10 is still 'better'. I really wish MSFT didn't back-burner their mobile initiatives.

I will say that I'm not disappointed in the LG V30. The hardware is quite good and is a capable device. I'm sure the more I wrap my head around Oreo (with all the MS apps loaded) I'll appreciate the LG V30 more.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb