Who is fed up enough to leave Microsoft 100% after W10m?

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Aaaaaand that's why I'm on Windows 7.

Sent from my Alcatel Idol 4S on mTalk

Yup just reverted a friend's computer to Windows 7 a week ago. This days after Microsoft's support took control of PC remotely trying to fix a Windows 10 update install problem, took a bit of time (couple hours) but eventually they ended up with fairly large paperweight LOL.

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
what choice? there's only Apple and ADdroid now.... there USED to be choice, but then MSFT abandoned us and we lost a choice... and my quote "its amazing how our device experiences differ so much LOL" I was talking about how some people don't have trouble with their ADdroid device and some do... or some people have no trouble with W10M and some do... but yeah there's no right or wrong, just preferences on what device we want to use.

Not your choice obviously but truthfully there still is choice... Even Android has choice in regards to its OS, your standard vanilla flavours and many manufactures throwing in their own skinned flavours. As for W10M, I'd love nothing more than to see it thrive again but who's kidding who, pretty evident that ain't gonna happen.

dov1978

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
just using kodi, mobdro and a couple of other apps on my ADdroid tv box which I just stopped using cause of all the ADS...

also to answer your question about the apps and the app in question was some fitness abs app I don't recall what the exact name is but it was very intrusive and took over my GF's swipe screen to answer a call!... another note no offence but I hardly believe that you NEVER experienced this in the 3+ years you've been using ADdroid because I have had several friends go through some bad experiences one time or another and myself and my GF with rogue apps taking over their phones or malware and even viruses! also there is a plethora of articles and chat forums describing other horrors that has happened with peoples ADdroid phones and one app that I remember reading about was the messenger app for FB that was a fake one and hijacking peoples FB account and posting adverts and links to video's to all their contacts which happened to my GF and I had to search google to find out what the culprit was... maybe you don't install anything or almost nothing except those BIG apps like FB and twitter and snapchat and major gaming tittles on your phone which is why you've been lucky in the 3+ years you've had your ADdroid phone or something else that's not being said... but for all the MAJORITY of other users do get bad apps/malware and viruses... which is why there is a plethora of anti-viruses apps on ADdroid...

Yeah I've been using Android for 7 years and still haven't had a single virus or rogue app take over my phone. I'm not particularly careful either and often sideload apps from websites etc. Sure, occasionally you'll get an app that advertises aggressively but if it's any good I'll buy the ad free version or quickly remove the app. I've never felt the need to install anti-virus/anti-malware either.
I can honestly say I've never felt it's been much more vulnerable than iPhone's or Windows phones I've also owned over the years

Sep 19, 2015
Visit site
I felt the same as you vEEP pEEP. I was the one guy at work who used a Windows phone; everyone laughed at me for using it. i stuck with it through all the bad press and departing apps; i kept sticking up for it, even in the face of adversity, saying it wasn't going to die. Boy...do i feel like a total fool now. I really really wanted to 'get back' at Microsoft' for their abandonment of the platform, feeling totally betrayed, but i'm 'all in' to Office 365 for work, and i've got all the Microsoft services running fine on my GS8+, so i'm sort of getting over it.

vucina

Mar 20, 2018
Visit site
I was using Lumia 535 for 3 yrs. I loved it, but i left from Windows mobile world because of stupid software problems (doesn't ring when someone calls me, viber bugs, slower than 8.1) and moved to Android.

I still use hotmail (2018 is 6th year of it), parallel with my gmail account.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I can't even speak and text when i drive with Cortana being dead on W10M, i can't tell Cortana to set my alarm, recognize a song that's being played. My L950 is being less capable of being a daily driver phone.

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I've tried but the keyboard situation is untenable for me. What good does it do to have 3rd party options if Apple insists on the same horrendous layout?

I couldn't use iOS without a 3rd party keyboard. The difference is night and day for me which is a preference thing of course.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
I can't even speak and text when i drive with Cortana being dead on W10M, i can't tell Cortana to set my alarm, recognize a song that's being played. My L950 is being less capable of being a daily driver phone.

whaaa? what are you talking about? I use Cortana ALL the time... txting and setting alarms works just fine, only thing not working is the song identification... stop perpetuating false info... just cuzz she cant name songs doesn't mean she's not working...

Lobo Technician

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site

Hmm, that's strange, I use a Lumia 650 and Cortana works fine for me. I have her call local restaurants (not in my phonebook) and set reminders all the time. There might be connection problem, that's the only time Cortana falls short.

Ejay Lozano

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
whaaa? what are you talking about? I use Cortana ALL the time... txting and setting alarms works just fine, only thing not working is the song identification... stop perpetuating false info... just cuzz she cant name songs doesn't mean she's not working...
I can reply to incoming text through my car (Bluetooth), but when i want to send a text freely and say hey Cortana text my mom she says the internet isn't working or the bandwith isn't working. I try to tell Cortana to "play tribe called quest", because i have their album saved on my phone and i get the same response, " the internet isn't working". All this was working b4 the recent update we had a few weeks ago.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
also make sure the data is on... all that is working for me... sad thing is Cortana is no longer connected to groove... which is disappointing... she can still open groove for you, but she can't start a particular song... but whats funny if you ask her to open groove and UR device is locked, she will tell you to unlock the device! LOL so funny

anon(50597)

Sep 28, 2014
Visit site
also make sure the data is on... all that is working for me... sad thing is Cortana is no longer connected to groove... which is disappointing... she can still open groove for you, but she can't start a particular song... but whats funny if you ask her to open groove and UR device is locked, she will tell you to unlock the device! LOL so funny

I think that’s a big reason why people left. A simple thing like starting a song can’t be done. It’s as if they are not even concerned or focused on making it as good as the other alternatives. It certainly has potential, but potential alone is not enough.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I think that’s a big reason why people left. A simple thing like starting a song can’t be done. It’s as if they are not even concerned or focused on making it as good as the other alternatives. It certainly has potential, but potential alone is not enough.
JaMarcus Russell had more potential than just about any QB coming out of college. We all know how that worked out.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium