Who is fed up enough to leave Microsoft 100% after W10m?

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Hmmm that's strange. And here I've been using Android for literally years with little to none of those idiosyncrasies you speak of, along with impeccable reliability and consistency day in and day out. According to your analogy, in all my time using Android I've been sorely deceived which is not cool not cool at all. So do you have any suggestions for my dilemma cuz now I'm in a panic state, really I am? :sweaty:

SO basically, you love Android and have "never" had any issues, got it.

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
You’ve twisted his words.
He finds Android quite usable despite the “things” you said are wrong with it.

Nope, I have not. Finding something usable and saying that he has never experienced anything I have mentioned are not the same thing. I look at the posts and have to say, he probably decides to ignore or simply is not willing to admit the obvious limitations of the Android OS.

The thing is, if MS had blocked Google from their OS back in the day like Google blocked their stuff on Microsoft's mobile OS, MS would have been hit with anti competitive and monopoly practices. Oh well, guess the best does not always win.

I have no issues with anyone staunchly criticizing and OS, regardless of what language they use to do so. It is when folks start to look down their noses at others for the choices they make, good choices to them, that I have a real issue with it.

Edit: Actually, the last paragraph above is not 100% accurate, I do get annoyed when someone goes out of their way to slam something I actually get enjoyment out of using, especially when it is out of line of reality. Should be more interesting if Google dumps Android and switches to their future OS instead.

Last edited:

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Nope, I have not. Finding something usable and saying that he has never experienced anything I have mentioned are not the same thing. I look at the posts and have to say, he probably decides to ignore or simply is not willing to admit the obvious limitations of the Android OS.

The thing is, if MS had blocked Google from their OS back in the day like Google blocked their stuff on Microsoft's mobile OS, MS would have been hit with anti competitive and monopoly practices. Oh well, guess the best does not always win.

I have no issues with anyone staunchly criticizing and OS, regardless of what language they use to do so. It is when folks start to look down their noses at others for the choices they make, good choices to them, that I have a real issue with it.

Edit: Actually, the last paragraph above is not 100% accurate, I do get annoyed when someone goes out of their way to slam something I actually get enjoyment out of using, especially when it is out of line of reality. Should be more interesting if Google dumps Android and switches to their future OS instead.

You forgot where I put in the word "little" which implies my problems w/Android have been small in size or nature compared to say, WP. No where did I say never. Nothing is "perfect" in the real sense of the word and that goes for my now chosen go-to platform, but if it provides the least amount hassles compared to the others (greater satisfaction) then it'll get my vote and that's what we'll end up using... Of course in a few months from now or even a year that could easily change who knows.

Oh, I don't have issues with choices others make but when they try to contradict those who claim WP has its shortcomings, such as an app-gap, by counteracting with "what, there's no app-gap", or "I don't need apps, I just pin the web page to my desktop", then I do have a problem. That's all tickety-boo for those willing to stick with it and more power to them yet couldn't be further from the truth. Nor is it the sediments of most otherwise we wouldn't have seen the mass exodus form the platform would we.

PS... I've used Windows phone/Phone since 2012 and still have three functional ones in my possession (830/650/950), all running W10M. So I'm fully aware what they are capable of doing (better or worse) compared to the competition, for my needs (and for what I want to accomplish) they fall way short. Also can see many others feeling the same way considering the areas where they are lacking.

Last edited:

Rohn59

Dec 21, 2014
Visit site
Since I retired I no longer need to use Win 32 programs. I switched to Chrome OS and Android one year ago this month. I can see that many people have to use a os like Windows because of work or an hobby that requires the use of a Win 32 program, thankfully that is not the case for me. I have used Windows and Windows Mobile for years and hate to say but lm happy that I was able to make the switch.

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Since I retired I no longer need to use Win 32 programs. I switched to Chrome OS and Android one year ago this month. I can see that many people have to use a os like Windows because of work or an hobby that requires the use of a Win 32 program, thankfully that is not the case for me. I have used Windows and Windows Mobile for years and hate to say but lm happy that I was able to make the switch.

So basically, you are not addicted to computer tech like I am. :D :) Well, it just means you have money for the other things you enjoy to do, instead. :wink:

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site

That's great if it works for you! My family uses Chromebooks, mostly for media consumption. They are simpler and require no maintenance.

I work in IT, and although I don't work in the PC repair department much, I see a lot of what comes through the door. A lot of the business is Windows PCs with malware or botched updates or something. It turns out that most people use little more than the Chrome browser. Something like a Chromebook or some kind of simplified Windows machine would be perfect for them. Windows is still the go-to, however, so that's what they have.

I've said this before, but for most people, using a Windows PC is like using a sledgehammer to drive a thumbtack. Sure, it's the most capable, and it'll do the job. But something lighter would do what needs to be done, and it would be simpler.

Chromebooks still have shortcomings. Printing needs to be done using Cloud Print, which adds complexity to setup. It would be better if they could print directly.

Dealing with photos is still not as simple as with a Windows PC. They will handle them, but it's more difficult to find the local folder where they are stored, and to work with them.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
So basically, you are not addicted to computer tech like I am. :D :) Well, it just means you have money for the other things you enjoy to do, instead. :wink:

Judging by your username, you probably know the story of Saul on the road to Damascus. The Voice told him, "It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks." KJV

This is how I have felt the last while with WP/W10M. While it could be made to work, it was a hassle, from one thing to the next. One step forward and two steps back. I felt like I was "kicking against the pricks." :straight:

ManofGod1000

Dec 31, 2015
Visit site
Judging by your username, you probably know the story of Saul on the road to Damascus. The Voice told him, "It is hard for thee to kick against the pricks." KJV

This is how I have felt the last while with WP/W10M. While it could be made to work, it was a hassle, from one thing to the next. One step forward and two steps back. I felt like I was "kicking against the pricks." :straight:

Well, it is Acts 26:14: 14 And when we were all fallen to the earth, I heard a voice speaking unto me, and saying in the Hebrew tongue, Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? it is hard for thee to kick against the pricks.

Also, not really sure where you were having a hassle but maybe you were expecting it to be something like iOS or Android? I find it 100% easier than the other two because everything is well laid and and logical. Unlike Android, where, for example, settings are literally all over the place.

That said, eventually, W10M will no longer be available for me to use and I will have to choose permanently at the point. However, buy that point Android may be dead and we will be on to Google's next phone OS or maybe even Samsung's.

Lee_Bo

Jun 22, 2017
Visit site
During the end of Windows 7 and beginning of Windows 10 I decided to give Apple a try. Still use Office (work uses Office 365) but that's about it. Never used One Drive or One Note so no loss there.

anon(10440410)

Apr 4, 2018
Visit site
Trust me I've seriously considered. As a developer I'd probably switch to iOS since people who own iPhones are more willing to pay for apps than Android users, and 80% of young people in the US say they own an iPhone or will be switching to one next phone. So the future, at least in the US, is iOS.

That said, every time I go down to the Apple store and fiddle around with a Mac I just can't get into it. It works just fine, plenty productive, lots of dev tools, but it feels wrong.

So yeah, at the end of the day, I despise Nadella.... truly despise him... not as a person... but for killing Windows phone... and most likely Windows OS itself (since I don't believe any OS can thrive without mobile today). But I guess I'm just stuck hoping in this dream of Andromeda to come save the platform I love.

vEEP pEEP

Nov 1, 2014
Visit site
No dude, it is not personal, it is an accurate portrayal of the OS. Android is disruptive, fragmented, highly non integrated and straight up hit and miss. App support through email is a hope you get a response type of support. Most of the basic features that W10M has is not even available in Android, any version.

The fact that you can "customize" Android does not make that a strength but a weakness. That, along with Google's anti competitive practices makes it a no fun to use. I have a Sony Xperia XA1 which is good enough but, I have turned it off and will now use my Idol 4s with Windows and my new Elite X3 for the foreseeable future.

It is what it is and Android is what it is because of how it started out. Something as basic as reading texts over a cars bluetooth system does not even exist in Android.

Ugh...and this is what scares me - I want to choose an Ecosystem not just a phone. MS was my choice. Android has over 80% of the world market. But Apple is not going anywhere soon.

MS to me was a great balance - consumer AND business facing. I was really surprised 1W10m failed. I thought it was a nice middle ground....

bummer

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss