Best windows mobile

Lobo Technician

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
Well I have had the HTC 8X (Win 8), Lumia 640 (Win 8.1) and Lumia 650 (Win 10). So far, while I have enjoyed my Lumia 650, the HTC was the smoothest experience I've had with a Windows Phone. It was very responsive, apps opened fast and it barely if ever showed a loading screen. It was a great phone, HTC should really think about making a Win 10 version, HTC 10X?

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Well if you are talking support in terms of receiving the most updates I'd probably side with those that came officially w/W10M such as the 650/950/950XL (I own the 650/950) - can't comment much on the Alcatel Idol 4S/HP Elite x3. Even then I'm on the fence with this since through my personal experiences I've seen little in the way of performance enhancements/additional features throughout all these updates.

Now if I were to pick MY best experience with a Windows phone/Phone it definitely be the Samsung Ativ S. Although it lacked in spec's it turned out to be the most well-rounded and useful Windows phone I've ever used, wasn't perfect yet every aspect satisfied my needs at the time. My 1020 had an awesome 41MP camera yet lacked in performance. Our 830 was OK (had a few issues) but the transitioning to W10M kinda left it in the lurch w/upgrade to W10M not really doing it any favours. Also have the 650/950 and to put it bluntly, W10M sucks big time! IMHO the 950 is a much more capable device considering its spec's but the OS is severely holding it back.

So essentially, and IMO, the best supported phone's would be those that saw updates that improved or enhanced their overall performance and usage as time went on. Those in the W8.1 era then would be my pick.

LuxuryTouringZone

Jan 1, 2015
Visit site
Though I haven't use the Lumia 950 Xl, it's the one I'd recommend to anyone who wants a flagship Windows smartphone. Why? It has a large screen, 20MP rear camera, large removable battery, headphone jack, USB C, no notches, Snapdragon 810 and good looks.

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site
I would have to agree with this as far as non enterprise windows phones go. I love my 950 XL and it's the best Windows 10M phone overall that I've owned with the Alcatel Idol S a close second.

Sparky_Spankins

Nov 8, 2016
Visit site
I've had an HTC8x, Lumia Icon and I'm currently on an HP Elite x3. The HTC was a great design...I absolutely loved the feel and look. Though small, it was a great starter into WP. The Icon.....ahhh...I loved that phone and still have it. The camera...mmmm, that camera with the Nokia app...that was sweet. The HP, large display, thin and svelte feel...premium (at least compared to most others). I have mixed feelings...if HP had the camera and Nokia app, it would hands down be the best thing ever to run the WP os....at least at it's release.
I know this post is older, but if you're skimming through and considering trying a WP phone, WP10 means the 8x is out. But if you like a decent size and great camera, Icon (Verizon) or 939 (AT&T) would be my suggestion. If you want size and premium feel, x3 is the one (as far as I know, only available on AT&T - gsm networks).

Jan 3, 2008
Visit site
For long term go with native win 10 device. Lumia 650, 950, 950xl, Alcatel idol 4s, elite x3. I own both the Lumia 650 and Alcatel idol 4s. I personally like the larger 5.5 " screen of the idol over the 5" on the 650. Performance wise the idol has more ram 4gb vs 🆚 1gb and more storage 64gb vs. 16gb and generally loads smoother, but the higher resolution screen eats resources. I have found if many apps are running that when I try to share content (contacts, web page etc.) I have to close stuff down for the share to work. This is on both The 650 and idol, so maybe it is a win 10 bug? Lumia 650 has tap today but not continuim or finger print reader. Idol has continium (which I love), finger print reader but no tap to pay.

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss