Win 10 Mobile - april 2018 update

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I have recieved yesterday the april update for my Lumia 930 too.

10.0.14393.2189 in this case. They have fixed a bug that appeared with last version (.2126) with the screenshots and photos storage.

Is there any site where we can check the complete details of the update?

Thank you.

MarcoBug322

May 9, 2012
Visit site
I am updating now :)

I miss all the enthousiasm ecspecialy the effort from Nokia.... 2018 decleared dead this 950 XL is the strongest Phone i ever had..Replaced the battery and going on as long as i can.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
I am updating now :)

I miss all the enthousiasm ecspecialy the effort from Nokia.... 2018 decleared dead this 950 XL is the strongest Phone i ever had..Replaced the battery and going on as long as i can.
😁
Updating an Elite X3 now...
Ahhh Nokia/Lumia...I cant get enough of them myself. Just bought a 1520.3 the other day..to us the Lumia legacy lives on.

MarcoBug322

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Yes i want that one and a new 1020 because i broke the glass......But the 1520 was a very yummy great looking Nokia Phone . I really want some of them just for the collection..but working and looking as new.
Been enthousiastic since the L800 and now the last few weeks i realize this has really ended... They just should go on only quitters lose.. A share of 5-10 percent should have been possible. The Phone section makes Windows complete.. It should be there just to be available..But Nokia really putted some effort in it making all kinds of apps ..They really tried 200% and it worked not as we might wanted but it worked. After MS came it all went down fast really fast... Thats such a shame unfortunally how things went....I just miss all that enthousiasm ...I als had an Android at work for work....Its ugly and far from it. Even a Nokia8 isnt really pure view and on Android it just isnt it... Cant help it i really hope i can go a very long time on this L950Xl

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
I have recieved yesterday the april update for my Lumia 930 too.

10.0.14393.2189 in this case. They have fixed a bug that appeared with last version (.2126) with the screenshots and photos storage.

Is there any site where we can check the complete details of the update?

Thank you.

It's too bad that this is the last update for the W10M Anniversary Update (14393 builds) since I think it's the version that works best on the older devices.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
It's too bad that this is the last update for the W10M Anniversary Update (14393 builds) since I think it's the version that works best on the older devices.

What do you mean? The next update will be upgrade to another version, higher to 14393?

In this case, where is the problem? Just another update, don't? I don't understand too much how this updates Works, but I think that they are for improving the SO with each new one.

mb-dape

Feb 7, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean? The next update will be upgrade to another version, higher to 14393?

In this case, where is the problem? Just another update, don't? I don't understand too much how this updates Works, but I think that they are for improving the SO with each new one.

It means that these phones won't get another update, ever:

Lumia 635 (1GB RAM), 735, 830, 930, 1520 and Icon.

No upgrade to new version or even security updates.

And older phones like the Lumia 1020 that were manually updated to W10M runs better on the Anniversary update than the following versions. So the ones that are running AU will also never get any updates from here.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Come December 10th 2019 anyone still running Windows phone will be cast adrift by Microsoft with no future updates ever again ������

If there are no new MS devices (most likely) then that means I will most likely have to consider either iOS or Android at that time and put my current X3 out to pasture.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
It means that these phones won't get another update, ever:

Lumia 635 (1GB RAM), 735, 830, 930, 1520 and Icon.

No upgrade to new version or even security updates.

And older phones like the Lumia 1020 that were manually updated to W10M runs better on the Anniversary update than the following versions. So the ones that are running AU will also never get any updates from here.

Really? So bad then... But, in the Insider program we were able to get following versions. I thought it means that this versions were in develop to this devices too.

If there are no new MS devices (most likely) then that means I will most likely have to consider either iOS or Android at that time and put my current X3 out to pasture.
What about Andrómeda (Surface Phone)?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Really? So bad then... But, in the Insider program we were able to get following versions. I thought it means that this versions were in develop to this devices too.

What about Andrómeda (Surface Phone)?

I honestly don't think it will happen. At least not the way we think it will. This is MS after all. I think Andromeda will be a device, not specifically a phone, but more of the Surface but with mobile telephone capabilities. That doesn't mean it should be marketed solely as a phone though, if that makes sense?

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
I honestly don't think it will happen. At least not the way we think it will. This is MS after all. I think Andromeda will be a device, not specifically a phone, but more of the Surface but with mobile telephone capabilities. That doesn't mean it should be marketed solely as a phone though, if that makes sense?

But at least... What's the diference between a Smartphone and a Surface with phone capabilities and phone size?

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
But at least... What's the diference between a Smartphone and a Surface with phone capabilities and phone size?

The difference is how it is percepted by the masses. MS will obviously want to distance itself so far away from Windows Phone that they need to market this new device correctly immediately from the start. They also need to ensure that more than 5 markets are targeted as well and just make it available in as many countries as possible.

To answer your question, most people will still see Surface with phone capabilities as an extension of Windows Phone (even though the Surface brand in its own right is entirely separate and doing much better) and that will lead to the app gap and all the negativity surrounding Windows Phone being heaped on this new device so it may die before it even gets a chance.

Essentially MS need to handle this entire thing with kid gloves and ensure they don't make the same mistakes again. But, unfortunately, they most likely will if history is anything to go by. Maybe by the time of Surface Mobile relaunch 4 (where 1 - 3 versions failed) they may get it right but by then it'll be too late for anyone to care.

DavidBS1989

Mar 21, 2018
Visit site
The difference is how it is percepted by the masses. MS will obviously want to distance itself so far away from Windows Phone that they need to market this new device correctly immediately from the start. They also need to ensure that more than 5 markets are targeted as well and just make it available in as many countries as possible.

To answer your question, most people will still see Surface with phone capabilities as an extension of Windows Phone (even though the Surface brand in its own right is entirely separate and doing much better) and that will lead to the app gap and all the negativity surrounding Windows Phone being heaped on this new device so it may die before it even gets a chance.

Essentially MS need to handle this entire thing with kid gloves and ensure they don't make the same mistakes again. But, unfortunately, they most likely will if history is anything to go by. Maybe by the time of Surface Mobile relaunch 4 (where 1 - 3 versions failed) they may get it right but by then it'll be too late for anyone to care.

You're right, if people doesn't see it as a mobile phone, no Windows smartphones are going to be used. But, then, why is Microsoft developing this device? If they just want to sell a new Surface, they can do it without mobile functions.

As you say, the time is important, the more they wait to get right with the mobile device, the more late for anyone to care. Maybe, if people who is waiting this device as a new Smartphone to use with Windows Mobile (this website is full of people doing it) start to use it, and it has success, the image of Smartphone start to spread itself slowly.

When first smartphones appeared, only few people started to using them, but the effect sensed by the others spread the smartphones market. And I think that the effect of someone that can have a full integration with his mobile device and PC can be a huge candy.

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Looking at my turned off Lumia 950 XL lying on the table in front of me with sadness. Too many apps that I was using got discontinued so I got an high spec Samsung S8 android phone. Not going back again.

UPDATE: did a hard reset and found alternative apps. Still using my Lumia 950 XL :O)

Last edited:

unmorphed

Mar 23, 2016
Visit site
Dumping my Lumia 950 and 650 today gave up on Microsoft going android with the Samsung s9 see how it goes

Good luck. I did the same thing with the S8 last year.

After the 'newness' wore off I started seeing how horrible Samsung's SW is. Samsung's hardware features are second to none, their bloat and OS slapped on top of Android just ruins it.

If possible save yourself the trouble a pick up an Android with a near stock OS experience... or *gasp* a new iPhone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss