We're trying to do a hard reset of my wife's Alcatel Idol 4S. We've got the power button, press the volume key down method. Failed. Then we tried the Settings | System | About | Reset your phone method. That failed.

So, how do we do a hard reset of this phone when the only 2 methods I know of don't work?
    04-22-2018 08:35 PM
    For a soft reset, like pulling the battery, hold the volume down and the power button till the phone vibrates, release. Phone will shutdown and restart.

Sure would have helped if more information was given than 'failed'

Use the WDRT
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...overy-tool-faq
    Last edited by T Moore; 04-23-2018 at 02:01 PM.
    Doctor_Who likes this.
    04-22-2018 10:58 PM
    Sorry, what I meant by it failed is that it didn't cause a hard reset. But we finally got it to work. Thanks, again.
    04-29-2018 11:11 PM
    For a soft reset, like pulling the battery, hold the volume down and the power button till the phone vibrates, release. Phone will shutdown and restart.

Use the WDRT
    Funny you should mention this wdrt tool, i tried using the windows phone desktop app to backup and whatnot and as soon as i connect the phone to the cpu the app crashes and closes. As a last resort i tried using wdrt to just start fresh and even using that app doesn't do anything for me , it makes me go thru the process with the keys and all and it stays constantly searching for the phone so for the most part neither off these apps work on my phone on my cpu dont know why but they just dont.
    04-30-2018 01:40 PM

Use the WDRT
    Be cautious of the WDRT when reflashing the open market model. As far as I know the tool still fails to flash the unlocked open market Idol 4s to its original firmware. It instead if you allow it will flash the t-mobile firmware and that can end up creating problems one did not have before...
    fin11 and Doctor_Who like this.
    05-01-2018 06:35 PM