How do we do a hard reset on the Idol 4S?

Doctor_Who

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
We're trying to do a hard reset of my wife's Alcatel Idol 4S. We've got the power button, press the volume key down method. Failed. Then we tried the Settings | System | About | Reset your phone method. That failed.

So, how do we do a hard reset of this phone when the only 2 methods I know of don't work?

Al moon

Feb 2, 2018
Visit site
For a soft reset, like pulling the battery, hold the volume down and the power button till the phone vibrates, release. Phone will shutdown and restart.

Sure would have helped if more information was given than 'failed'

Use the WDRT
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq

Funny you should mention this wdrt tool, i tried using the windows phone desktop app to backup and whatnot and as soon as i connect the phone to the cpu the app crashes and closes. As a last resort i tried using wdrt to just start fresh and even using that app doesn't do anything for me , it makes me go thru the process with the keys and all and it stays constantly searching for the phone so for the most part neither off these apps work on my phone on my cpu dont know why but they just dont.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
For a soft reset, like pulling the battery, hold the volume down and the power button till the phone vibrates, release. Phone will shutdown and restart.

Sure would have helped if more information was given than 'failed'

Use the WDRT
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12379/windows-10-mobile-device-recovery-tool-faq
Be cautious of the WDRT when reflashing the open market model. As far as I know the tool still fails to flash the unlocked open market Idol 4s to its original firmware. It instead if you allow it will flash the t-mobile firmware and that can end up creating problems one did not have before...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism