1709 June 2018 Update

Ira Horowitz

May 14, 2014
Visit site
I tried adding an Exchange account under "Advanced" and while I could enter everything I needed it would not allow me to complete the entry. Any idea?

Asoulintime1982

Mar 16, 2017
Visit site
The issues only started about a week ago. The Feedback Hub is littered with similar complaints so I'm guessing a previous update broke something. Oh let's not pretend this has never happened before. I'm cool with it, it's not something that affects me terribly.

I guess I just never experienced it.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I guess I just never experienced it.

Or it's an isolated issue with the Idol 4S. My x3 is working perfectly with OneDrive. I'm sure a fix is in the works, the death penalty has had a positive effect in that they're slowly but surely addressing every little bug. Trying to stay in lockstep with desktop was not a well executed plan as it turns out.

Drael646464

Apr 2, 2017
Visit site
Or it's an isolated issue with the Idol 4S. My x3 is working perfectly with OneDrive. I'm sure a fix is in the works, the death penalty has had a positive effect in that they're slowly but surely addressing every little bug. Trying to stay in lockstep with desktop was not a well executed plan as it turns out.

I pretty much see w10m as a test platform now. It helped them refine their ideas on UI for a mobile form factor, and develop the core code that will be used for windows core. A bit like how windows RT helped them develop UWP. Or the Zune helped them fold and develop idea's into current software.

I think in all likelihood, their current zeal ironing out of bugs and hardware incompatibilities is not completely unrelated to the plan to release windows core, hub 2 and andromeda. Like it's likely that despite divergence between the two in core code, that they still share enough, that refining one, may offer hints for the other.

Certainly economically it wouldn't make that much sense rolling out as many updates to windows 10 mobile as they are, if it was simply end of life support for the current market share.

And there's some reason for optimism in that - MSFT must understand that it needs a much more polished and complete product upon release, than win10m was, which would demonstrate MSFT is learning from it's mistakes - which is what mistakes are for.

Timbre70

Jul 10, 2014
Visit site
Having high battery drain overnight since the update. Losing > 20% overnight while it was only about 5% before.😓

Rebooted and soft reset with no improvement.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Having high battery drain overnight since the update. Losing > 20% overnight while it was only about 5% before.😓

Rebooted and soft reset with no improvement.
Bummer to hear.
Sometimes my elite x3 is a beast with its battery and other times just a dog. Right now is doing great. Wait for some app updates to come through and see if that improves anything maybe.

el_mono70

May 17, 2011
Visit site
Sometimes I'll experience high battery drain overnight, and on consecutive evenings. Cannot necessarily explain it, then it returns to 'normal.'
Experienced a few reboots after this update. I usually go 7 to 9 days before the daily reboots return after an update. And somehow I still prefer Win10m in spite of its spotty stability(for want of a better term).

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Yeah...same here
@Inaam Ashraf, as @fatclue_98 has said "there is no longer an Insider Program for Mobile", but I haven't been able to back out of it and don't want to go through a hard restart to do it, I just have too many other things on my plate to mess with it at the moment (I'm actually hoping that I won't have to, and can wait it out until Microsoft introduces their new Mobile Folding Device).

wp_ss_20180620_0001.jpg

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
Is anyone else seeing an issue with the Store app where, when you click the hamburger icon and then select an option from the menu, the menu doesn't slide back - it just stays there until you click outside it somewhere? Minor but annoying.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Is anyone else seeing an issue with the Store app where, when you click the hamburger icon and then select an option from the menu, the menu doesn't slide back - it just stays there until you click outside it somewhere? Minor but annoying.
I don't think that's an issue or maybe it is. My tablet on the June update in its store app interacts the same way.

Yes on my Elite x3 after an update displays the same behavior.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
It's an issue alright. Idol 4S, L950 and x3 all doing it. Here I thought Microsoft was through f*****g up Mobile.

Sent from my Lumia 950 on mTalk

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site

I must have an updated version because my sidebar disappears after making a selection??? I did do a soft reset this morning???

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevitalGlucoPremium