1709 June 2018 Update

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
I must have an updated version because my sidebar disappears after making a selection??? I did do a soft reset this morning???

I tried soft reset as well as device restart and still no joy. Guess I'll have to wait for next update. I upvoted feedback on this issue.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
fatclue_98, how do you like your X3 compared to the 950XL? AL
Except for the camera the x3 is a superior device all around. I don't care about Glance but I know that is an essential feature for many. If it had NFC I'd put the Idol in the mix. Fact is, the Idol's camera is now better than the x3's. The Lumia cameras have no equal in the Windows world but their batteries are God-awful and the displays too dim. The HP and Alcatel have noticeably better displays, battery life and you can't beat the Idol's audio on any platform.

I have an iPhone 8+ and a Galaxy S8+ but the Lumia cameras smoke them both. I know, it's tough to decide.

Sent from my Lumia 950 on mTalk

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
It has been fixed in Store version 11806, which is available on the Release Preview Ring.
That's odd. On my tablet I'm on OS build 17704.1000 and still have the store app Version 11805.1001.42.0.

No update to it yet. Which OS version are you updated to?

pteranodon

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
That's odd. On my tablet I'm on OS build 17704.1000 and still have the store app Version 11805.1001.42.0.

No update to it yet. Which OS version are you updated to?
My HP Elite x3 is on 10.0.15254.489. Version 11806 of Microsoft Store should be available for those on the Release Preview Ring both in Windows 10 and Windows 10 Mobile. The said bug has been fixed, and there are other changes, too.

Last edited:

Elky64

Jun 2, 2017
Visit site
Finally! After 2.6 years my most annoying aspect of Windows Store on mobile has been addressed. What a beauty-n-team effort Microsoft⸮⸮⸮

Inkedwp_ss_20180710_0001_LI.jpg

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Is mTalk completely broke for anyone? Have an idol 4s on a clean slate hard reset, whatever you want to call it and mTalk installs sets up but when I go to add a forum the search is blank with just a white screen. It never goes any further. Tried restoring from a backup and still nothing. mTalk still works on the 1520, 950 xl, and my other W10M devices, just not the Idol 4s.

Granted mTalk is not supported anymore so it may just be something I have to live with.

Edit: I got it to work on the IDOL 4s. This was after eventually picking a back up to restore that must have actually had a good complete backup set of mTalk. The app in this case did not need to be setup and opened directly to the last settings it applied at the time of backup.

Last edited:

Kerry2112

Mar 1, 2016
Visit site
And now my Store live tile is dead. Honestly, it seems like one step forward, one step back with this OS sometimes.

Never mind - impromptu soft reset fixed it.

(Impromptu soft reset = dropped my phone and chassis, battery and back cover all went in different directions)

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Finally! After 2.6 years my most annoying aspect of Windows Store on mobile has been addressed. What a beauty-n-team effort Microsoft⸮⸮⸮

Ver:11806.1001.21.0 update finally.
I will never know what took them this long to finally fix this too but I had a peeve with this since I noticed it. So I guess its been almost 3 years now lol.
I can type a search string now into the store search and hit search. It pulls apps and suggestions but how if I hit search again my last typed search string is still there! Hooray! I so hated it that it always reset my search string every time. Now its fixed, finally lol!

Edit: Wait nevermind! It worked one time. Now it is back to resetting it again weird...oh well. It's inconsistent but it's a start.

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I did not know there was an update available, just now kicked off the Check for Updates for grins and it is downloading! Came on here to see what the scoop is, hope I see the improvements that others have. MS 650 ATT/Cricket (US)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)