Which apps are you using on your WP10

Martin Plamondon

Jul 25, 2014
Visit site
Aside from the MS apps that comes built in like Outlook Mail, Calendar, People and Office apps, I'm basically using 3 apps: Facebook, Messenger and Twitter but they feel dated now as they didn't get updates like their Android/iOS counterparts. Facebook and Messenger are slow as hell (on 950xl here) and missing tons of features (no video calls on Messenger).

Twitter got a better look with the PWA version but no notifications and other stuff as these are not fully supported in W10M.

But my most loved feature is not an app but the OS itself with the live tiles. Never a mobile OS looked better than Windows Phone/Mobile.

Santos Gonzalez

Jun 10, 2018
Visit site
it's now back to being my primary phone thanks to proshot!
outlook
office
facebook
messenger
onenote
ms to-do
windows central
weather
news
which my tube are you all using? there are several.

judithen

Apr 7, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 950 XL apps used at least a few times a week, more like almost every day:
Messaging, Skype, Messenger, Outlook Calendar / Mail, MSN Weather, The Weather Channel, Fitbit, MSN News, The Guardian, Windows Central, MS To-Do, Action Note, OneNote, Word, Office Lens, Edge, Connected Devices, HP Smart, Cortana, Diarium, Dictation App, Battery X Pro, Poki, NextGen Reader, NPR One, OpenTable, Trakter, TripAdvisor, Vinci, Walgreens, Waze, City Art Search, Yelp, Zomato, Foursquare, Poynt, ShopSavvy, QR Code Reader, Mirror, and of course, Camera.

Alcatel Idol 4S apps are just the essential basic apps.

I do love Windows phones. My iPhone just sits there. It's like a toy and I never use it except for Facetime with family. The Androids are just too primitive to do work compared to the Windows 10 Mobile. So, my Windows phones are like my computer on the go. I need it to keep life organized.

mikosoft

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I am still using my Lumia 535 DS for calls, messages and specially for WhatsApp and outlook calendar from last three year.
Which app do you use most on WP10?

Lumia 735 with Win 10

I use Edge most of the time for Facebook and occasionally Instagram (it's actually very usable, more than the official app that takes two tries to startup).
I use Whatsapp, Chronos Calendar, myTube, Maps, banking app, Nextgen Reader for feedly, Sportstracker, Sensie (to get and backup movement data), Bind and notify miband to use miband with the Lumia, Zonos to control Sonos and Plex app. Plex videos don't work properly though, not sure why but I didn't use it very much so no big deal and Zonos app on the other hand has issues with Plex on Sonos so it's not very usable in that regard. Other than that the phone is still usable although quite buggy at times and restarts often (once every two weeks or so). I'll keep it around until it disintegrates and then see what the options are.

Amir Maqsood1

Jun 6, 2016
Visit site
Lumia 735 with Win 10

I use Edge most of the time for Facebook and occasionally Instagram (it's actually very usable, more than the official app that takes two tries to startup).
I use Whatsapp, Chronos Calendar, myTube, Maps, banking app, Nextgen Reader for feedly, Sportstracker, Sensie (to get and backup movement data), Bind and notify miband to use miband with the Lumia, Zonos to control Sonos and Plex app. Plex videos don't work properly though, not sure why but I didn't use it very much so no big deal and Zonos app on the other hand has issues with Plex on Sonos so it's not very usable in that regard. Other than that the phone is still usable although quite buggy at times and restarts often (once every two weeks or so). I'll keep it around until it disintegrates and then see what the options are.
Same here I also use Facebook and Instagram in edge, better than there apps.

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I still actively use a lumia 950 and 1520 from time to time. I use several apps a lot.

1. phone app
2. People app
3. Outlook mail app
4. Alarm& clock app
5. windows maps for route navigation in the car
6. microsft Edge for browsing
7. photos apps
8. camera app for taking pictures
9. OneNote for taking notes on the go
10. Word and excel mobile for reading email attachment documents
11. Chronos Calendar + for calendar reading and event management across multiple accounts. The app has more customization features that windows calendar app is missing.
12. Nextgen reader for news and (blog) articles
13 whatsapp for friends and contacts.
14. metrotube
15 My Car: for collecting data and stats on my car
16. skype....because of sms relay. native messaging app was cancelled, there was a call out from microsoft to switch to skype.

games from time to time:

1. wordfeud. you can get the app via a workaround from the developer website for windows 10 mobile and windows 10.

2. 2020: my country. great app. weeks of fun.

anotherBeliever

Oct 11, 2017
Visit site
Lumia 950, 4 years and going
- Glance screen, Cortana (on/off the road)
- Outlook, Calendar, Alarm, Clock (live tiled intl cities)
- To-Do, OneNote, OfficeLens, OneDrive, Office, Skype for Business
- Calls, SMS, WhatsApp, Skype
- Guardian, News, Stock, Sports, Weather
- Podcasts, TuneIn, Audible for Prime
- Camera, several Camera and Photo apps
- Readit, Twitter, Uber
- Maps, Edge, Calculator, Dictionary
- Alarm.com, HomeRemote
- Wallet, Yummly, Amazon, AAWP, Converge

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads