Facebook on Edge unreadable.

jacquesvan

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I also posted this in the "Get help" section.
The glacially slow FB app has been abandoned by Fb and has not been updated in ages. Not surprising considering the state of W10 mobile. The web version of Fb has always been my favorite. Until yesterday. The text on Edge is now so small that my old eyes can't read it on my HP Elite X3. The menu is scrunched together in a narrow band on top, way too small to make selections with your finger. It loads only 6 posts on the page and at the bottom it says "Load more stories". Click on that and it will show 6 more posts. The previous 6 posts can not be seen anymore. It acts like Google search where it would show 6 search results and you have to click "Next" to see more on another page. No more scrolling through the posts. The notifications page is a complete mess in small type font as well. This is the "m.facebook.com" mobile page and not "www,facebook.com".

wp_ss_20180804_0001_LI.jpg
wp_ss_20180804_0002_LI.jpg
wp_ss_20180804_0003_LI.jpgwp_ss_20180804_0003_LI.jpg

Last edited:

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
you could also try setting your edge on your phone to "desktop" version, you should get better results.. or why not use the app? there is a "beta version" and it works just fine on my phone...

jacquesvan

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Putting Edge in desktop mode does indeed solve the problem but it messes up all other sites.
Basically what it comes down to is that the m.facebook mobile site actually shows the desktop mode whereas the www.facebook desktopsite shows mobile mode.
Somebody got a switch backwards somewhere.

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
so is there an explanation to what happened to the mobile Facebook site? as mentioned it is totally unusable, the FB apps is also worthless because it is too slow, and although switching to the Desktop site might work that is a pain for all other sites. I mean, someone had to have done something to screw this up, and can undo it!

jacquesvan

May 27, 2015
Visit site
I reported this in the feedback hub mobile section under the title "Facebook wrong site". Please use your mobile device to upvote that post. With enough upvotes someone might pay attention to the post. Thanks.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I reported this in the feedback hub mobile section under the title "Facebook wrong site". Please use your mobile device to upvote that post. With enough upvotes someone might pay attention to the post. Thanks.

I doubt that's going to change anything. The issue is more likely on Facebook's side.

I would try SlimSocial. They show the site correctly and seem to use iPhone's user agent.

Lobo Technician

Oct 3, 2017
Visit site
C'mon guys, I use the app, its not that slow compared to the mobile site. It even looks better, just use the app, it will help you develop some patience, which will be useful in life. :wink:

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
C'mon guys, I use the app, its not that slow compared to the mobile site. It even looks better, just use the app, it will help you develop some patience, which will be useful in life. :wink:

Well that all depends on the device you're using. You see the apps needs at least 2 GB of RAM to work. On my 640 it just crashes altogether. The beta doesn't say it needs 2 GB or RAM but it crashes just like the non-beta one. I installed it to get notifications at some point but even those weren't reliable.

So I'm using SlimSocial because I don't have other options. ;)

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
I switched to the FB app, both the Beta and regular. it is agonizing on my 650, sometimes works slow & sometimes crashes (I have to close everything else).
I will give SlimSocial a try.

RSB54

Aug 21, 2012
Visit site
OMG, SlimSocial is fantastic. I've only been using it for a couple of days but so far I'm loving it.
I was just using the web Facebook, never the FB App. I just hope SlimSocial doesn't go away.
Thanks for mentioning it here!

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
OMG, SlimSocial is fantastic. I've only been using it for a couple of days but so far I'm loving it.
I was just using the web Facebook, never the FB App. I just hope SlimSocial doesn't go away.
Thanks for mentioning it here!

No problem! What I do is I install FB and Messenger anyway for the notifications only and use SlimSocial for the rest. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs