Can't join Windows Insider again

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I recently recovered my phone to 8.1 and upgraded again to W10M to get rid of the insider builds. But now I would like to get them back just to get the latest (and last) available build from MS. But it seems I can no longer do that. At first, I got an error 0x0 so I joined the program directly from Microsoft's website. Not I get error code 0x800bfa07. There doesn't seem to be a fix for mobile.

Anyone else getting such an issue?

libra89

Feb 6, 2015
Visit site
I believe the issue might be because they ended the program for mobile, but I don't know if that's why it isn't working for you though.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
I believe the issue might be because they ended the program for mobile, but I don't know if that's why it isn't working for you though.

That's what I'm "afraid" of (it is just a temporary phone after all). What's strange though is that I was able to join again about 2 months ago. I guess they might have pulled the plug since.

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
That's what I'm "afraid" of (it is just a temporary phone after all). What's strange though is that I was able to join again about 2 months ago. I guess they might have pulled the plug since.

Most likely it was yet another MS service that they decided to slowly pull the plug on, without telling anyone. Kind of like W10M in general really, sadly.

dlalonde

Apr 16, 2013
Visit site
Most likely it was yet another MS service that they decided to slowly pull the plug on, without telling anyone. Kind of like W10M in general really, sadly.

Well it was known that the program was to come to an end but indeed nothing major announced:

https://www.windowscentral.com/windows-10-mobile-insider-program-has-come-end-not-bang-whimper

I thought that meant there wouldn't be new builds but that I could still go to the feature2 branch. Oh well. At least I'm still getting security updates (got yesterday's patch Tuesday).

Ryujingt3

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site

pteranodon

Aug 10, 2016
Visit site
I got the latest build 15254.527 even though I couldn't join the Insider Program. I guess it is because I had 15254.490 earlier. I assume that I will get feature2 branch cumulative updates from now on while remaining on the production ring.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bradhism