Nokia Lumia Windows 925 upgrade Windows 8.0 to Windows 10

kasfig

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Dear colleagues
I am thinking of obtaining this model of phone (very inexpensive)
If I obtain this phone will it be possible to upgrade to windows 10 please.
Best wishes
Ian

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Probably not. It was not officially supported and even if it was, I'm not sure the Upgrade Advisor app that was needed is still available. The Insider program was an option in the past for unsupported phones but I don't think you can still enroll.

FAHMI BASSEM

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Dear colleagues
I am thinking of obtaining this model of phone (very inexpensive)
If I obtain this phone will it be possible to upgrade to windows 10 please.
Best wishes
Ian
You're not going to use it as daily driver, so I don't think you need the extra apps.
If I were you, I wouldn't upgrade, WP8.0 is what we truly loved about LUMIA, it's unique, clean, and fast!!

kasfig

Aug 21, 2018
Visit site
Dear colleagues
Thank you for your kind replies. I have considered the advice and I decided to try the upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile. The reason for this is that I needed to install an app that is compatible with Windows 10 but not Windows 8 or 8.1.
I was able to follow the instructions that were kindly provided in the link above and was pleased to say that the upgrade was successful.
The only difficulty that I encountered was that when Windows 10 was installed, the keyboard for my country (GB) would not work. After doing some research online I still was not able to get a UK keyboard working. That issue persists. However I have been able to use the phone with the English (Canada) keyboard. How all this came about I do not know as I am not an expert.
Any comments would be most appreciated thank you.

fin11

Aug 13, 2016
Visit site
Originally posted by kasfig
Dear colleagues
Thank you for your kind replies. I have considered the advice and I decided to try the upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile. The reason for this is that I needed to install an app that is compatible with Windows 10 but not Windows 8 or 8.1.
I was able to follow the instructions that were kindly provided in the link above and was pleased to say that the upgrade was successful.
The only difficulty that I encountered was that when Windows 10 was installed, the keyboard for my country (GB) would not work. After doing some research online I still was not able to get a UK keyboard working. That issue persists. However I have been able to use the phone with the English (Canada) keyboard. How all this came about I do not know as I am not an expert.
Any comments would be most appreciated thank you.

Glad to hear the upgrade was successful. I also had keyboard issues after updating my Lumia 925 to wm10 to build 10586.107. Keyboard was fixed when I updated to a later 10586 build using the method in section2 in the guide, hope it still works.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills