Dear colleagues
    I am thinking of obtaining this model of phone (very inexpensive)
    If I obtain this phone will it be possible to upgrade to windows 10 please.
    Best wishes
    Ian
    08-20-2018 06:59 PM
    Probably not. It was not officially supported and even if it was, I'm not sure the Upgrade Advisor app that was needed is still available. The Insider program was an option in the past for unsupported phones but I don't think you can still enroll.
    08-21-2018 12:19 PM
    It is possible but a a bit complicated. I used this guide https://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...xxx-build.html to update my lumia 925. AU build 14393.2431 works best for these phones. 15063 builds can have Bluetooth and maps issues after hard reset.
    08-21-2018 04:09 PM
    Dear colleagues
    I am thinking of obtaining this model of phone (very inexpensive)
    If I obtain this phone will it be possible to upgrade to windows 10 please.
    Best wishes
    Ian
    You're not going to use it as daily driver, so I don't think you need the extra apps.
    If I were you, I wouldn't upgrade, WP8.0 is what we truly loved about LUMIA, it's unique, clean, and fast!!
    08-23-2018 03:57 AM
    Dear colleagues
    Thank you for your kind replies. I have considered the advice and I decided to try the upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile. The reason for this is that I needed to install an app that is compatible with Windows 10 but not Windows 8 or 8.1.
    I was able to follow the instructions that were kindly provided in the link above and was pleased to say that the upgrade was successful.
    The only difficulty that I encountered was that when Windows 10 was installed, the keyboard for my country (GB) would not work. After doing some research online I still was not able to get a UK keyboard working. That issue persists. However I have been able to use the phone with the English (Canada) keyboard. How all this came about I do not know as I am not an expert.
    Any comments would be most appreciated thank you.
    08-27-2018 05:50 PM
    Originally posted by kasfig
    Dear colleagues
    Thank you for your kind replies. I have considered the advice and I decided to try the upgrade to Windows 10 Mobile. The reason for this is that I needed to install an app that is compatible with Windows 10 but not Windows 8 or 8.1.
    I was able to follow the instructions that were kindly provided in the link above and was pleased to say that the upgrade was successful.
    The only difficulty that I encountered was that when Windows 10 was installed, the keyboard for my country (GB) would not work. After doing some research online I still was not able to get a UK keyboard working. That issue persists. However I have been able to use the phone with the English (Canada) keyboard. How all this came about I do not know as I am not an expert.
    Any comments would be most appreciated thank you.
    Glad to hear the upgrade was successful. I also had keyboard issues after updating my Lumia 925 to wm10 to build 10586.107. Keyboard was fixed when I updated to a later 10586 build using the method in section2 in the guide, hope it still works.
    08-29-2018 04:12 PM