X3 vs Iphone 10

LWILLITS123

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Btw 950 series have HDR. In my pics it was off and everything auto. Without HDR, pics are instant, without the are instant but you can't open them for a second or 2 at the most. Someone is thinking of the Windows phone 8 days, not newer mobile 10 ;)

LWILLITS123

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Oh and panarama photos are built in (right next to the photo and video wheel when taking pictures), and great, I just don't use the feature usually. Not slow at that either, and no seperate app since the 2nd or 3rd update to windows mobile 10.

LWILLITS123

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
wp_ss_20180916_0004.jpg
this picture is a screenshot of me about to take a pictures in low light with no flash and choosing to focus on the marble run. Note its full screen, hdr is on auto and below the onscreen camera button is how you select panoramic. In the upper left is the button on screen to switch to front camera
like my sons Thomas train track? And one of our 2 dogs is laying beside it.

btw these were all added through the built in browser, edge, on my phone. I can change it to desktop from mobile and use all the advanced forum features. I wish Windows central would update there app as it only does text replies on Windows phone. Grr... But my browser rocks compared to iPhone safari or android Chrome.

Last edited:

LWILLITS123

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Also remember all pics I took were screenshots of the original so they are only 220kb files. The detail is ever greater in person but the forum does not accept huge resolutions and big file sizes.

Last edited:

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
I couldnt keep the X3 from crashing went through 3 of them in 6 months...that was the final nail in the coffin as I moved over to iPhone.

So I was sitting here drinking a glass of Pinot Noir. My dog came in the office and posed for me. I wondered what the picture quality would be between my Iphone X and my X3.

So here she is on the X3.

https://i.imgur.com/lwGKgX7.jpg

And here she is two seconds later on the Iphone X.

https://i.imgur.com/3OZCcZ4.jpg

Same lighting and no change in position.

So sad.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if this was already said but the x3 got tons of updates since release. It's been stable for a while now.

LWILLITS123

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The 950 and 950xl both will take pictures as fast as you can click the camera button or you can turn on rapid shoot but at the size of the files its a waste.

You can also take living images and choose your photo from motion video later.

The guy talking about slowness must have had a budge phone cuz the newer ones are just as fast as any android or iPhone and its pics are 20mpx. Either that or the last Windows Phone he had was a Nokia 920 as per his profile. Sounds like jealously 😀

As for the HP, my motherlaw got one 6 months ago after the stability and camera fixes. Never had an issue.

Oh and btw we can edit the flash on the fly and choose which flash brightness to resave the picture under...built in without an app.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
ok I don't know why some of you are saying the the 950/950xl or even the X3 are taking bad pics! I have the 950 + the X3 + had the S8 (sold it) and an LG G6 (backup) and I can tell you without a doubt the 950 takes the best shots! the X3 since all the updates like some has said, the X3 is stable and problem free and takes GREAT shots! not as good as the 950 obviously but I have no troubles! not even my DEMO X3 phone with custom rom has any problems taking pictures and that has a custom rom ... its pretty evident none of you know what you're talking about as you've never used the X3 and those of you did EARLIER before all the recent updates and sold it before the updates, have no idea how much better the X3 is at taking pics... now don't get me wrong, I'm not saying the X3 is an amazing device for taking pics, but its not as bad as some of you are trying to make it out as....

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
Does it even matter anymore? With a system that will not be supported again after December 2019 and app developers leaving the platform or simply ignoring it then we hardly need to focus on the camera since many highend Android phones comes with decent cameras as well.

beman39

Dec 24, 2014
Visit site
Does it even matter anymore? With a system that will not be supported again after December 2019 and app developers leaving the platform or simply ignoring it then we hardly need to focus on the camera since many highend Android phones comes with decent cameras as well.

so? doesn't mean the camera will stop working... or phone calls... or plethora of other stuff, really never understood posts like this... :eek:rly::confused:

Wevenhuis

Oct 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't own an iPhone. But I've heard from many friends who have andriod devices that they're amazed about the brighter and clearer pictures coming from the 950 XL with low light or night images. I think it helps to know how to use your smartphone camera that can make a difference instead of relying on auto- or enhancing features to support the camera's functionality. The 950 XL's native camera app has some great options to tweak the settings and supports HDR in low light photography.

Looking at both pictures from the X3 and iPhone, to me the X3 is the sharper image...with flash it seem. I can read the dogtag on the X3 but not the iPhone image. The iPhone seems to have the better lighting and composition. It would be interesting to see both images redone with similar settings and composition style to get an overall sense of how both imaging sensors compare.

anon(9023697)

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
I don't think you have used a Windows phone for awhile if that's what you think. If we are talking about phones from the same generation, I have an iPhone 6S+ for work and my own 950XL. 1st The 950XL wipes the floor with image quality over this iPhone, 2nd having the camera button I have got my shot before I can even get the photo app open on the iPhone. Yes you can swipe on the screen of the iPhone to open the camera app, but 90% of the time I have notifications showing so it ends up that I open a notification before I can open the camera app. I dont have any issues with capturing a number of images in a row with the 950XL (If you are using HDR then there is a delay in viewing them... But HDR on Windows is so much better as you can adjust afterwards).

LWILLITS123

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Take note that no one is complaining about anything in my daylight shots on post 17. Sounds like the 950's at least shut the naysayers up lol.

As for the phone support...i still get cumulative updates every 2 months right along with Windows 10 and the MS apps keep getting updated. There are very few apps I have to have because the browser is simply awesome. I will ride the Windows phone train till I absolutely have to change and man that will be a very dark day. Please make a surface phone with an awesome camera. Rant over ??????

Dwarf_King

Nov 10, 2016
Visit site
so? doesn't mean the camera will stop working... or phone calls... or plethora of other stuff, really never understood posts like this... :eek:rly::confused:

Well to be fair yes my Lumia 950 XL works as a phone and the camera is pretty decent and might even be so after December 2019. However, let us look beyond that and try to understand what a smartphone is. Either the mobile pages are top quality or the apps exist to be installed. Sadly in some cases the mobile pages are not awesome and the apps are non-existent. Yes the Lumia phones have great cameras but so does Android phones now and they offer you access to pretty much all apps one could dream about and with the Microsoft Launcher the Microsoft on Android experience becomes very smooth. Smaller issues such as a bad outlook mail and calendar experience on Android is a whole other issue. So if one wish a smooth access to fast social media and the many apps sadly plus a great camera then Android and IPhone can sadly easily compete with my still rather awesome Lumia 950 XL phone. Even I a die-hard Windows phone fan has been forces to come to such an conclusion. Believe me I adore my Lumia 950 XL phone.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)