12-17-2018 12:55 PM
67 123
tools
    Take note that no one is complaining about anything in my daylight shots on post 17. Sounds like the 950's at least shut the naysayers up lol.

As for the phone support...i still get cumulative updates every 2 months right along with Windows 10 and the MS apps keep getting updated. There are very few apps I have to have because the browser is simply awesome. I will ride the Windows phone train till I absolutely have to change and man that will be a very dark day. Please make a surface phone with an awesome camera. Rant over ����
    I'm riding the Windows Phone train till I absolutely have to change too and yes that will be a very dark day. My Windows Phone functions perfectly for me.
    fatclue_98 and aximtreo like this.
    09-19-2018 08:31 AM
    Wow, nice. My 950xl is at work so didn't have it handy. I should note that my picture with the X3 for some reason used flash. The Iphone camera used ambient light.

Sent from mTalk on my HP Elite X3
    Indeed. And that's why this is a pointless comparison between the two. Perhaps if you'd switched the flash off on both phones we would have a better chance of making a judgement.
    Kevin Rush and ioioos like this.
    09-19-2018 12:49 PM
    Indeed. And that's why this is a pointless comparison between the two. Perhaps if you'd switched the flash off on both phones we would have a better chance of making a judgement.
    Yes! Geez, I'm worried that society is in trouble. Comparing apples to oranges and not aware of it!
    09-21-2018 12:12 AM
    I'm riding the Windows Phone train till I absolutely have to change too and yes that will be a very dark day. My Windows Phone functions perfectly for me.
    Travlin' by train, high on c....... never mind. A Windows Phone train reminds me of The Grateful Dead for some reason.
    aximtreo likes this.
    09-21-2018 10:14 AM
    My best comment on this:

At a high school reunion, a friend of mine who has a vlog on how to make the best of smartphone cameras (and used to appear on TV for this reason), took a picture for me with my 950XL. She started setting up the shot, then said, "wow...great camera!" She then played with it for a while, while just saying "wow" all the time.

She has an iPhone.

Riding this Windows Train!

SBJ
    fin11 likes this.
    10-02-2018 01:25 PM
    My best comment on this:

At a high school reunion, a friend of mine who has a vlog on how to make the best of smartphone cameras (and used to appear on TV for this reason), took a picture for me with my 950XL. She started setting up the shot, then said, "wow...great camera!" She then played with it for a while, while just saying "wow" all the time.

She has an iPhone.

Riding this Windows Train!

SBJ
    The Lumia 950 XL still contends to this day. You can see many shoot outs. It is all about knowing how to use the tech. There is good reason for that too! Many years of Nokia/Lumia camera tech legacy up to the point of the 950 XL. Shame it seems like it will end there...
    anachrotech and aximtreo like this.
    10-02-2018 08:17 PM
    I'm new to 950xl and can attest the camera rocks. Does wonders in tough lighting situations.
    fin11 likes this.
    10-02-2018 09:45 PM
    Okay, let's have a little fun. I want to see who can guess which phone took which picture. The candidates are, in alphabetical order, Acer Liquid Jade Primo, Alcatel Idol 4S and HP Elite x3.wp_20181009_19_19_26_pro.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails wp_20181009_19_20_05_pro.jpg   wp_20181012_17_59_34_pro.jpg  
    10-12-2018 06:34 PM
    Okay, let's have a little fun. I want to see who can guess which phone took which picture. The candidates are, in alphabetical order, Acer Liquid Jade Primo, Alcatel Idol 4S and HP Elite x3.
    That is a close one...
    Also a tough one to decipher.

My take on it would be below:

WP_20181009_19_19_26_Pro.jpg - Idol 4s
    WP_20181009_19_20_05_Pro.jpg - Jade Primo
    WP_20181012_17_59_34_Pro.jpg - Elite X3
    fatclue_98 likes this.
    10-12-2018 07:06 PM
    That is a close one...
    Also a tough one to decipher.

My take on it would be below:

WP_20181009_19_19_26_Pro.jpg - Idol 4s
    WP_20181009_19_20_05_Pro.jpg - Jade Primo
    WP_20181012_17_59_34_Pro.jpg - Elite X3
    Winner winner chicken dinner. The Idol is a mess, the Primo is dead on with the colors (I'm impressed) and the x3 has thoroughly impressed me with the sharpness. The colors are a little dull but if you zoom on the Samsung player on the upper right shelf you can easily read the nomenclature.

Full disclosure: all were done with full auto from about 12' away.
    nate0 and aximtreo like this.
    10-12-2018 08:59 PM
    Winner winner chicken dinner. The Idol is a mess, the Primo is dead on with the colors (I'm impressed) and the x3 has thoroughly impressed me with the sharpness. The colors are a little dull but if you zoom on the Samsung player on the upper right shelf you can easily read the nomenclature.

Full disclosure: all were done with full auto from about 12' away.
    All three were good pics. Am not a photographer but the detail in two of them faired well even after zooming. I honestly was not too picky about the color but it looked like one used flash or maybe two of them and the other(s) not.
    10-12-2018 10:18 PM
    All three were good pics. Am not a photographer but the detail in two of them faired well even after zooming. I honestly was not too picky about the color but it looked like one used flash or maybe two of them and the other(s) not.
    The x3 used flash for some reason but it didn't help. Obviously no one knows what the colors really are except me but I was surprised at how well the Acer did with them. One reason I still have a Galaxy S8+ is because no other camera nails colors as well. I may get death threats for saying this but it's better at capturing lifelike colors than the 950 series. Actually, I always thought the 1520 was the best Lumia for color reproduction.
    10-13-2018 12:17 AM
    The x3 used flash for some reason but it didn't help. Obviously no one knows what the colors really are except me but I was surprised at how well the Acer did with them. One reason I still have a Galaxy S8+ is because no other camera nails colors as well. I may get death threats for saying this but it's better at capturing lifelike colors than the 950 series. Actually, I always thought the 1520 was the best Lumia for color reproduction.
    Ya the 1520 is decent. It is a tricky one to focus sometimes though. I still dig that device a lot.

I agree on the S8+ too. It's one of the few go to Androids I'm fond of as well. The standard S9 is my favorite Samsung to date though. I've been surviving Android-less though for good long streak here. I gave up a lot of my use and dependency of the OfferUp app which has helped. I found a way to post replies in WC by using the Monument browser :). Edge just freaking gets killed by WC ads making it unusable, mTalk us broke/unsupported, and WC app stinks it up in many ways. The Disqus app for W10M is sick. I use that every day. myTube may never be thwarted and the dev is great. My only real concern from my end is the hw on these things. It's aging, LTE cat4/6 can be dog slow sometimes. I've learned a new level of patience though while using Windows phones and it's addicting ;)
    Last edited by nate0; 10-13-2018 at 03:32 AM.
    aximtreo and fatclue_98 like this.
    10-13-2018 03:00 AM
    i just read the windows 10 mobile specification on Microsoft Lumia 1030 Price Pakistan, Mobile Specification
    They Show MAIN CAMERA 50 MEGA PIXEL IF IS IT TRUE THAT IS REALLY GOOD
    I've seen plastic fruit more real than that.
    10-18-2018 04:33 PM
    They Show MAIN CAMERA 50 MEGA PIXEL IF IS IT TRUE THAT IS REALLY GOOD
    Ya. That was what it might have been rumored to have...
    That one was part of the Rumor Mill for years. As you can see the status was cancelled, or maybe never even made the prototype stage. Wasn't this one rumored around 2014/2015?

https://www.gsmarena.com/microsoft_lumia_1030-6981.php
    aximtreo likes this.
    10-18-2018 08:06 PM
    I had almost ALL windows phones since Lumia 820, exception was L7xx. The general camera experience, even when compared with recent flagship devices' cameras, are unique and amazing, considering the software/hardware matching, similar to that obtained by Apple between nothing more but median hardware and IOS, coming to the OS experience.
    I had many Android gadgets since Android 4.2, and have a Galaxy S9 as my daily phone, I had 2 HTCs One max M7, a LgG3, a LgG6, and some of the incredible low cost, but efficients, Honor 9 lite, Umidigi S2 (great budget device with the worst camera I know), an Oukitel, Ulephone power3.
    I had iPhone 6s plus and 7 plus, which a pasted to my daughter and wife, due to the persistent strategy of cheating people through apologetic publicity, like a communist/nazist regime does.
    I deduced the programmed obsolescence of Apple's device since my iPhone 4, the most revolutionary Apple gadget I know., still in IOS5.x.
    Tried to return, with the decease of WM and the Lumia series, but noted that the crucial advantage of the Apple experience over the ridiculous incompetent Android, until Marshmallow version had changed radically and virtually disappeared, remaining trust price gap, among them.
    Apple camera suffers the same thing, sses its excellence being beated every semester. As I said, my daily phone is a Galaxy S9. In the general experience, I miss my LgG6, and think seriously to return to it. Camera experience is good and accurate, as a German sedan, or a Lexus, but somewhat insipid, I enjoyed even more my LgG6, and most of all, my 1520/950xl experience.
    Lumia cameras had been beaten here and there due to hardware an software implementations, in one or other feature, but the general experience is still a standard, a remarkable reference, among all.
    I have the following opinion:
    General experience: Lumia 950xl/main camera on L1520.
    Portrait mode: iPhone 7s plus/8 plus.
    HDR Pixel 2xl, 3xl.
    Hardware: S9, S9 plus, S9 note.
    Software: Lumia series.
    Night shots: Matte 20 pro followed closely by S9 e Pixel 3xl.
    Resolution: Nokia 808/1020, followed closely by Matte 20/P20.
    Technology: S9 series.
    Sound: Lumia 930/1520, followed closely by HTC U11/12 series.
    Video: Matte 20 pro, S9, Sony Experia.
    Pro mode: Lumia 1520/950xl.
    Wide angle: Lg G6, V30, G7, V35.
    Last edited by Fernando Albuquerque1; 11-30-2018 at 09:17 PM.
    11-30-2018 09:28 AM
    This is not even close, the Windows Phone I have (950) from 2015 is still better than the IPhone camera. I know because my wife has the latest IPhone and still complains about here picture is not as good. The 950 is not as good as the 1020 I have though.
    fin11 and Byrese like this.
    12-17-2018 12:55 PM
67 123