X3 vs Iphone 10

eddydu

Nov 19, 2015
Visit site
I remember even the lumia 1520 took better pictures then many of the android and apple phones. There was something about the Lumia cameras that were fantastic. I do see though that nowadays Android phones have pictures that are brighter

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Apple might do other things better or faster. Cool little pet faces or what not with your pictures. I am sure the photos snap crazy fast. In the right situation and relative to the person shooting the pic, the 1520 though can at times out perform even the iPhone 7/iPhone 8 or even hold it's own. We are talking like a 4 year gen gap in hw, to me that speaks wonders in the tech and code used in Lumia photo processing. The 1020 is in itself in a whole other league and definitely the 808. We can't really count the 808 since he is not really a Lumia/WP though. I have owned many 950 XLs since they were released. I am not a great picture taker but the Lumia 950 XL does amazing things. Again it is relative to the shooter, but even lately the 950 XL can hold its own against many of todays recent flagship "camera phones" Pixel 2, iPhone X, etc. That says a lot when the 950 XL was only gen 2 of the 20MP pureview set up. Imagine if they had released gen 3 in 2016 or gen 4 in 2017...

Sad that the Lumia legacy died, even if they had kept it alive to today just for a camera phone aspect would have paid off. They would still be actively used by many around the world and most likely setting the bar.

LWILLITS123

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
For the outlook issue use Microsoft outlook app from the mail store. It's very good. You can even add Gmail to it and it will give android and iphones a better experience.

Byrese

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by LWILLITS123
attachment.php

this picture is a screenshot of me about to take a pictures in low light with no flash and choosing to focus on the marble run. Note its full screen, hdr is on auto and below the onscreen camera button is how you select panoramic. In the upper left is the button on screen to switch to front camera
like my sons Thomas train track? And one of our 2 dogs is laying beside it.

btw these were all added through the built in browser, edge, on my phone. I can change it to desktop from mobile and use all the advanced forum features. I wish Windows central would update there app as it only does text replies on Windows phone. Grr... But my browser rocks compared to iPhone safari or android Chrome.

Was this taken with an x3 or a 950?

LWILLITS123

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Originally posted by Byrese
attachment.php

this picture is a screenshot of me about to take a pictures in low light with no flash and choosing to focus on the marble run. Note its full screen, hdr is on auto and below the onscreen camera button is how you select panoramic. In the upper left is the button on screen to switch to front camera

btw these were all added through the built in browser, edge, on my phone. I can change it to desktop from mobile and use all the advanced forum features. I wish Windows central would update there app as it only does text replies on Windows phone. Grr... But my browser rocks compared to iPhone safari or android Chrome.

LWILLITS123

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
This was a 950xl screenshot to show the camera settings has hdr and where panarama is and that its full screen and you can select where to focus. It was no flash but our ceiling fan light which has soft energy efficient bulbs so not very bright Aka low light ( not no light)

Originally posted by Byrese
attachment.php

LWILLITS123

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
The following pictures are from a 950xl in pure darkness with flash and hdr on auto. When I took the pictures I could instantly view them but 1 second later hdr filled the color in so it didn't look like flash. I made no adjustments but took a screen shot of the picture on my phone so they would be the correct size for the forum. Nokia tech cameras and flash rocks.
Can you tell our Lab doesn't like his picture taken? Haha!

wp_ss_20180918_0004.jpgwp_ss_20180918_0003.jpgwp_ss_20180918_0002.jpg

LWILLITS123

Jan 24, 2012
Visit site
Note I could have adjusted the flash but was showing what auto can do. Also note pure dog is pure black which is one of the hardest to get good pictures of with other cameras. I just did a point and click.

My mothernlaw has an x3. I will have to get her to send me some pics for comparison.

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site
Take note that no one is complaining about anything in my daylight shots on post 17. Sounds like the 950's at least shut the naysayers up lol.

As for the phone support...i still get cumulative updates every 2 months right along with Windows 10 and the MS apps keep getting updated. There are very few apps I have to have because the browser is simply awesome. I will ride the Windows phone train till I absolutely have to change and man that will be a very dark day. Please make a surface phone with an awesome camera. Rant over ������

I am still on the train with you and wont get off until it comes off the rails or the MS conductor kicks me off. AL:grin:

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Take note that no one is complaining about anything in my daylight shots on post 17. Sounds like the 950's at least shut the naysayers up lol.

As for the phone support...i still get cumulative updates every 2 months right along with Windows 10 and the MS apps keep getting updated. There are very few apps I have to have because the browser is simply awesome. I will ride the Windows phone train till I absolutely have to change and man that will be a very dark day. Please make a surface phone with an awesome camera. Rant over ����

I'm riding the Windows Phone train till I absolutely have to change too and yes that will be a very dark day. My Windows Phone functions perfectly for me.

hamphlet

Jan 14, 2013
Visit site
Wow, nice. My 950xl is at work so didn't have it handy. I should note that my picture with the X3 for some reason used flash. The Iphone camera used ambient light.

Sent from mTalk on my HP Elite X3

Indeed. And that's why this is a pointless comparison between the two. Perhaps if you'd switched the flash off on both phones we would have a better chance of making a judgement.

Kevin Rush

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
Indeed. And that's why this is a pointless comparison between the two. Perhaps if you'd switched the flash off on both phones we would have a better chance of making a judgement.
Yes! Geez, I'm worried that society is in trouble. Comparing apples to oranges and not aware of it!

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm riding the Windows Phone train till I absolutely have to change too and yes that will be a very dark day. My Windows Phone functions perfectly for me.

Travlin' by train, high on c....... never mind. A Windows Phone train reminds me of The Grateful Dead for some reason.

Steven Jepson

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
My best comment on this:

At a high school reunion, a friend of mine who has a vlog on how to make the best of smartphone cameras (and used to appear on TV for this reason), took a picture for me with my 950XL. She started setting up the shot, then said, "wow...great camera!" She then played with it for a while, while just saying "wow" all the time.

She has an iPhone.

Riding this Windows Train!

SBJ

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
My best comment on this:

At a high school reunion, a friend of mine who has a vlog on how to make the best of smartphone cameras (and used to appear on TV for this reason), took a picture for me with my 950XL. She started setting up the shot, then said, "wow...great camera!" She then played with it for a while, while just saying "wow" all the time.

She has an iPhone.

Riding this Windows Train!

SBJ

The Lumia 950 XL still contends to this day. You can see many shoot outs. It is all about knowing how to use the tech. There is good reason for that too! Many years of Nokia/Lumia camera tech legacy up to the point of the 950 XL. Shame it seems like it will end there...

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Okay, let's have a little fun. I want to see who can guess which phone took which picture. The candidates are, in alphabetical order, Acer Liquid Jade Primo, Alcatel Idol 4S and HP Elite x3.WP_20181009_19_19_26_Pro.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20181009_19_20_05_Pro.jpg
    WP_20181009_19_20_05_Pro.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9
  • WP_20181012_17_59_34_Pro.jpg
    WP_20181012_17_59_34_Pro.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 8

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Okay, let's have a little fun. I want to see who can guess which phone took which picture. The candidates are, in alphabetical order, Acer Liquid Jade Primo, Alcatel Idol 4S and HP Elite x3.
That is a close one...
Also a tough one to decipher.

My take on it would be below:

WP_20181009_19_19_26_Pro.jpg - Idol 4s
WP_20181009_19_20_05_Pro.jpg - Jade Primo
WP_20181012_17_59_34_Pro.jpg - Elite X3

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
That is a close one...
Also a tough one to decipher.

My take on it would be below:

WP_20181009_19_19_26_Pro.jpg - Idol 4s
WP_20181009_19_20_05_Pro.jpg - Jade Primo
WP_20181012_17_59_34_Pro.jpg - Elite X3

Winner winner chicken dinner. The Idol is a mess, the Primo is dead on with the colors (I'm impressed) and the x3 has thoroughly impressed me with the sharpness. The colors are a little dull but if you zoom on the Samsung player on the upper right shelf you can easily read the nomenclature.

Full disclosure: all were done with full auto from about 12' away.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans