X3 vs Iphone 10

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
Winner winner chicken dinner. The Idol is a mess, the Primo is dead on with the colors (I'm impressed) and the x3 has thoroughly impressed me with the sharpness. The colors are a little dull but if you zoom on the Samsung player on the upper right shelf you can easily read the nomenclature.

Full disclosure: all were done with full auto from about 12' away.

All three were good pics. Am not a photographer but the detail in two of them faired well even after zooming. I honestly was not too picky about the color but it looked like one used flash or maybe two of them and the other(s) not.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
All three were good pics. Am not a photographer but the detail in two of them faired well even after zooming. I honestly was not too picky about the color but it looked like one used flash or maybe two of them and the other(s) not.

The x3 used flash for some reason but it didn't help. Obviously no one knows what the colors really are except me but I was surprised at how well the Acer did with them. One reason I still have a Galaxy S8+ is because no other camera nails colors as well. I may get death threats for saying this but it's better at capturing lifelike colors than the 950 series. Actually, I always thought the 1520 was the best Lumia for color reproduction.

nate0

Mar 1, 2015
Visit site
The x3 used flash for some reason but it didn't help. Obviously no one knows what the colors really are except me but I was surprised at how well the Acer did with them. One reason I still have a Galaxy S8+ is because no other camera nails colors as well. I may get death threats for saying this but it's better at capturing lifelike colors than the 950 series. Actually, I always thought the 1520 was the best Lumia for color reproduction.

Ya the 1520 is decent. It is a tricky one to focus sometimes though. I still dig that device a lot.

I agree on the S8+ too. It's one of the few go to Androids I'm fond of as well. The standard S9 is my favorite Samsung to date though. I've been surviving Android-less though for good long streak here. I gave up a lot of my use and dependency of the OfferUp app which has helped. I found a way to post replies in WC by using the Monument browser :). Edge just freaking gets killed by WC ads making it unusable, mTalk us broke/unsupported, and WC app stinks it up in many ways. The Disqus app for W10M is sick. I use that every day. myTube may never be thwarted and the dev is great. My only real concern from my end is the hw on these things. It's aging, LTE cat4/6 can be dog slow sometimes. I've learned a new level of patience though while using Windows phones and it's addicting ;)

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I had almost ALL windows phones since Lumia 820, exception was L7xx. The general camera experience, even when compared with recent flagship devices' cameras, are unique and amazing, considering the software/hardware matching, similar to that obtained by Apple between nothing more but median hardware and IOS, coming to the OS experience.
I had many Android gadgets since Android 4.2, and have a Galaxy S9 as my daily phone, I had 2 HTCs One max M7, a LgG3, a LgG6, and some of the incredible low cost, but efficients, Honor 9 lite, Umidigi S2 (great budget device with the worst camera I know), an Oukitel, Ulephone power3.
I had iPhone 6s plus and 7 plus, which a pasted to my daughter and wife, due to the persistent strategy of cheating people through apologetic publicity, like a communist/nazist regime does.
I deduced the programmed obsolescence of Apple's device since my iPhone 4, the most revolutionary Apple gadget I know., still in IOS5.x.
Tried to return, with the decease of WM and the Lumia series, but noted that the crucial advantage of the Apple experience over the ridiculous incompetent Android, until Marshmallow version had changed radically and virtually disappeared, remaining trust price gap, among them.
Apple camera suffers the same thing, sses its excellence being beated every semester. As I said, my daily phone is a Galaxy S9. In the general experience, I miss my LgG6, and think seriously to return to it. Camera experience is good and accurate, as a German sedan, or a Lexus, but somewhat insipid, I enjoyed even more my LgG6, and most of all, my 1520/950xl experience.
Lumia cameras had been beaten here and there due to hardware an software implementations, in one or other feature, but the general experience is still a standard, a remarkable reference, among all.
I have the following opinion:
General experience: Lumia 950xl/main camera on L1520.
Portrait mode: iPhone 7s plus/8 plus.
HDR Pixel 2xl, 3xl.
Hardware: S9, S9 plus, S9 note.
Software: Lumia series.
Night shots: Matte 20 pro followed closely by S9 e Pixel 3xl.
Resolution: Nokia 808/1020, followed closely by Matte 20/P20.
Technology: S9 series.
Sound: Lumia 930/1520, followed closely by HTC U11/12 series.
Video: Matte 20 pro, S9, Sony Experia.
Pro mode: Lumia 1520/950xl.
Wide angle: Lg G6, V30, G7, V35.

Last edited:

kcwilsonii

Oct 26, 2015
Visit site
This is not even close, the Windows Phone I have (950) from 2015 is still better than the IPhone camera. I know because my wife has the latest IPhone and still complains about here picture is not as good. The 950 is not as good as the 1020 I have though.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos