So Long Windows Phone it's Been a Fun Ride

J455 UK

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
Well this is it for me, The day I Never really wanted to come is here and my time as a long term Windows Phone user has come to an End, from The 800 - 1020 - 950, will be moving to my first ever android phone Xperia XA2 and yeah" I am impressed with this thing already it's everything I wish the 950 was in terms build quality also can't help but think what exactly I've been doing with my life last few years, mainly missing out for the most part

it will be nice to actually go get those apps that people at work are talking about for a change rather than saying No I can't I have A Windows Phone but that said will still miss it in a strange way it's been a fun ride.

Jcmg62

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
Well this is it for me, The day I Never really wanted to come is here and my time as a long term Windows Phone user has come to an End, from The 800 - 1020 - 950, will be moving to my first ever android phone Xperia XA2 and yeah" I am impressed with this thing already it's everything I wish the 950 was in terms build quality also can't help but think what exactly I've been doing with my life last few years, mainly missing out for the most part

it will be nice to actually go get those apps that people at work are talking about for a change rather than saying No I can't I have A Windows Phone but that said will still miss it in a strange way it's been a fun ride.

I reluctantly said goodbye to my 950 in December 2017 and moved to a oneplus 5t...great phone, ok operating system, takes some real getting used to.

Wish Microsoft would pull thier proverbial finger out and launch a full windows mobile device. I'm still holding off going "all in" on android and use microsoft services wherever possible. Heck, I haven't even linked my google account to windows :)

Adventurer64

Aug 29, 2017
Visit site
I said so long to W10M late last year and have slowly moved back with my Idol 4s seeing more and more use as my V20 performance has deterioted over the past few months. Anxsiously awaiting a 950xl unopened box I purchased off ebay. I'm not a big app user, so I can last another year on W10M, maybe more.

J455 UK

Mar 10, 2013
Visit site
So It's been a few days with this phone now, and I have found my self to have settled in very quickly with it, largely helped that it has a Home and Back button and one other dedicated for apps running in the background same as WP but more refined , One thing I am really enjoying again is listening to music on the move after MS pulled everything I paid for I never went anywhere near groove music again after that.

naddy6969

Aug 8, 2017
Visit site
"...also can't help but think what exactly I've been doing with my life last few years, mainly missing out for the most part ..."

That's EXACTLY how I felt. I gave up on Windows phones about 18 months ago. Tried Android first, meh. Moved on to Apple and could not be happier.

Once you come out of your isolation tank and step into the light, you WILL wonder "what took me so long to do this"?

anachrotech

Dec 4, 2015
Visit site
I also have moved on as my battery was going, and I'm not a heavy user at all. I bought an Iphone 8 Plus and I like it. Works flawlessly. I do miss the windows home screen and the ability to customize. Unfortunately, I don't think MS is going to come out with any device I would want now. :unhappy: Burned bridges and all that......it's a shame.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077