2018-10 Update for Windows Version 1709 for ARM-Based Phone Devices

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
2018-10 Update for Windows Version 1709 for ARM-Based Phone Devices is available...my 950XL is downloading and updating now.

No new features, just maintenance and security updates:

Security updates to Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Edge, Windows Kernel, Windows Storage and Filesystems, and Microsoft Scripting Engine.

Last edited:

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
2018-10 Update for Windows Version 1709 for ARM-Based Phone Devices is available...my 950XL is downloading and updating now.

No new features, just maintenance and security updates:

Security updates to Internet Explorer, Windows Media Player, Microsoft Graphics Component, Microsoft Edge, Windows Kernel, Windows Storage and Filesystems, and Microsoft Scripting Engine.

Just got mine yesterday afternoon on my Acer. I find it hilarious that your 950XL was released around the same time as a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus I have and yet that Samsung is stuck perpetually on a May 2017 security update. If a dead OS can still receive security updates why can't they all? I mean every single month like clockwork on Patch Tuesdays.

mtf1380

Nov 30, 2015
Visit site
Just got mine yesterday afternoon on my Acer. I find it hilarious that your 950XL was released around the same time as a Galaxy S6 Edge Plus I have and yet that Samsung is stuck perpetually on a May 2017 security update. If a dead OS can still receive security updates why can't they all? I mean every single month like clockwork on Patch Tuesdays.

It's nice not to be totally forgotten:)

htcjirka

Banned
Jul 13, 2018
Visit site
That's fine, the Lumia 930 officially supports version AU. By modifying the registers it is possible to support the FCU 1709

MrockNroll

May 24, 2013
Visit site

Yes, one of the many reasons I stick with windows 10 mobile. I like the support,as you said way past when android phone are orphaned. :)

smartblu

Oct 9, 2018
Visit site
It's ok for my Lumia 930 (FCU 1709), update completed successfully. Now, I notice some UI differences in the "Applications Store" app. Don't you?

Jonathan Butt1

Mar 20, 2015
Visit site
The update on my 640 keeps saying that it cant update due to time and date being incorrect However things are ok. I do have the region set to Canada. Do I need to set for the US?

spicypadthai

Feb 27, 2014
Visit site
Do you have any Cortana issues after update?
Mine stopped working last night.

Yes, nothing appears on Home and when I go to the Notebook, it's blank. My reminders are still there, reading texts works, and voice commands work but she says she can't connect to the internet when I ask a question.

fatclue_98

Retired Moderator
Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Cortana is working better than ever actually. Not only does she send me reminders to call people back and such, she now sends me emails too. The emails started yesterday so it might be part of the October Update.

Rugish Dapeca

Dec 17, 2015
Visit site
The update on my 640 keeps saying that it cant update due to time and date being incorrect However things are ok. I do have the region set to Canada. Do I need to set for the US?

I have the same issue with my 950XL. Tried everything I can think of and still haven't been able to get the update to complete.

Guzzler3

May 4, 2012
Visit site
I got lucky, I took out the SIM card (but connected via Wi-Fi), set the date and time manually. Let it sit for 10-30 minutes, then set it back to "Set date and time automatically", again let it sit 10-30 minutes then check for an update.

Only then the update came down. After it was installed I put the SIM back in.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss